What happened to Julia Abe ??? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:11 AM   #1
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
What happened to Julia Abe ???

Anyone remember her ?

She had a great run at the French Open 2000. She qualified, reached the 2nd round and gave world no. 1 Martina Hingis a very tough match, only losing 4-6 5-7. She was close to reach the the top 100 for the first time.

Then she disappeared. She has never played another pro event since.

Her WTA bio doesn't say anything, but has her year-end rank of 2000 listed as no. 228, with an injury-rank of no. 121.

That sounds as if she suffered a career-ending injury just after that great result.
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:27 AM   #2
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute
i read somewhere that she is study ARCHITECTURE now
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 01:05 PM   #3
country flag pan

pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of pan has much to be proud of
i saw JULIA in hamburg, i guess in 99, when she made her biggest result in a wta-event. after winnig the qu, she reached the quarterfinals and i saw this match against NOVONTHA! soooo great! okay, JULIA lost 1:6, 3:6, but the match was closer, JULIA was 3:1 with breakball in front in the second set and the ordeance in hamburg was that great standing behind her! perhaps my best live-match, i've ever seen!