Remember Miriam Schnitzer? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:40 PM   #1
Iconoclast

Iconoclast has disabled reputation
Remember Miriam Schnitzer?

Less than two years ago Miriam had a splendid run at the German Open, downing Schiavone, Tauziat, and Chladkova on the road to a sensational QF set-up with Justine H-H, which she eventually lost.

Strangely there's no sign of her after the German Open 2002 where she showed up for qualifying and lost to Cara Black in the first round. Except for successfully qualifying for Wimbledon 2001, she never produced anything remotely resembling her Berlin results.

She has plummeted to around the 700 mark in the rankings due to inactivity.

Miriam did turn 26 a week ago, but considering that she is a late bloomer, it's still a bit early to call it quits. Her presumed retirement may be linked to a wrist injury she suffered at the Australian Open 2001, but I have no idea.

Anyhow, strange career.
Iconoclast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:27 PM   #2
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute
sure, i can remember her.

few good results, but then always problems with injuries
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:55 PM   #3
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute
Of course I remember her. The girl with the best grunt ever heard.

I have no idea what's up with her. The last time I saw her was at Hamburg qualifying last year. She lost 2-6 4-6 to Maria Geznenge. She looked bored and not motivated. She didn't even grunt as loud as usual.

Have you checked last year's Bundesliga scores ? Maybe she's sticking to that now.
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:22 AM   #4
country flag DiNaPic

DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold
I had the chance to talk to Miriam intensively in Budapest last year after her first round loss.
She was terribly disappointed and said she would retire right away, which I then took as a first time reaction on the lost match. But she continued, she was serious.

She was extremely disappointed on her Bundesliga club, who had torn back from club matches without giving prior notice to all their players. As she originally gave priority to club matches rather than WTA events, it was too late to enter any WTA tournaments instead. Her only chance was to stay at home and wait for indoors events.
Obviously she did not. BTW she mentioned a new boy friend, who she was deeply in love with, so guess the decision wasn't that hard.
I have her home address and will take above question as a reason to mail her; I'll keep this thread informed, when a reply is received.
photo archive on www.archive.livesportphoto.com
visit me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/srch.php?nm=dieter+nagel
DiNaPic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 07:05 AM   #5
country flag DiNaPic

DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold DiNaPic is a splendid one to behold
some photos of MIRIAM from my archive, taken in Knokke/Belgium 2001:

photo archive on www.archive.livesportphoto.com
visit me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/srch.php?nm=dieter+nagel
DiNaPic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote