This year is already 1/3 over, and it looks like it will be another disaster... - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 5th, 2002, 05:12 AM   #16
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
I thing he meant you last question
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2002, 05:50 PM   #17
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
After the very sore defeat of Elena D in Bol my first intention was to joke that if our girls do want to win a title they have to occupy the whole draw at a tournament. The first look at the draw in Warsaw make me think that they decided to act just that way . 5 Russian girls (plus perhaps two more will come through qualies) in a pretty weak draw and each of them has chances - more or less - to win there. I have trust in young talents. Vera and Sveta should do well there. Vera is a fighter. She may not have very strong shots but she never give up. So do Sveta. The time has come when the youngsters should give the pressure to more "aged" Russian players who do not trust to their strength and perhaps to give them motivation. If Vera or Sveta win in Warsaw it may give a boost to Elena D, Nastya, Anna. In fact it will give them a boost if they have a character. If they don`t they may as well to finish their careers cause they will be broken.

Any comments?
Old May 5th, 2002, 06:10 PM   #18
country flag Irish

Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe I saw wrong but in the revised main draw for Berlin, I could not believe Elena L. will play Tatiana P. in the first round.
So much for getting more Russian players through having them play each other early.
Roesch will be tough but if Elena D. is consistent, she can beat her.
Mikaelian will also be tough...I think she is a LL. She was upset in the qualies and now in it again.
Davenport, Capriati, Molik, Golovin, Seles, Clijsters, Myskina, Dementieva, Groenefeld, Frazier, Sprem, Hantuchova, Peschke, Dulko, Ivanovic, Smashnova, Likhovtseva, Vaidisova, Zvonereva, Schiavone, Pennetta

"No good deed goes unpunished." - origin unknown
Irish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2002, 06:19 PM   #19
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Kournikova absolutely has to win Warsaw. At age of 15 she used to win stronger Challengers then this WTA event. Three years ago she would have won this playing lefthanded.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2002, 06:23 PM   #20
country flag fresh2flash

ys, the key word is used to
Old May 5th, 2002, 06:40 PM   #21
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Anna has to come thru Warsaw and win it

she is playing a qualifier 1st and i hope its not Vera or Sveta (if they qualify which they should)

The pressure builds on the Russian girls, once it gets to QF stage you can imagine the media frenzy whether or not they will see a Russian winner which I'm sure puts added pressure on them.

I'm glad (sort of) Elena plays Panova, gives Elena a better chance to get thru and save face or else her rank is in real ****.

Alyona has an easier match than she would have got, but now she has to make the most.
Get thru this and she plays similar type of player in Marlene or MGM and all things being equal should progress but the way things are going for her i can't be too confident #

come on girls have a good week in Berlin and a super week in Warsaw.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:03 PM   #22
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
This thread stopped just a week before Bovina's revolutionary breakthrough at Warsaw..

Where are we now?

Last year we had, I think, 6 titles and 6 finals. None so far this year..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:57 PM   #23
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
is cat's negativity a good thing ???

it keeps on working the other way
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:21 PM   #24
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

No, I am actually not trying to pick on cat. I am bumping the most interesting threads from the last year, and it just happens that he is an owner of the most of them..

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 12:41 AM   #25
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe ys brought this thread back. Why? The 2003 season is off to a bad start for the Russians! The only hope is the under 18 Russian girls. The Russian women don't have the weapons or desire to be a champion or a top five player. I don't think anyone would dispute that. I was sad at how happy Myskina was after her terrible quarterfinal match against Clijsters. Oh yeah. Myskina was just happy to be there. But why was she so happy after getting whipped by Clijsters? Because it was her first grand slam quarterfinal? And I won't even go into her ridiculous comments after the match about how Clijsters is better than Serena! LOL!
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : Jan 24th, 2003 at 01:08 AM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2003, 04:03 AM   #26
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
what about bovina? she has a great game and can challenge the top 10.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote