Grand Slam debutantes since the 2005 US Open - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 24th, 2008, 12:08 PM   #16
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Grand Slam debutantes

Marina is making her Grand Slam Main Draw debut in RG 08
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 2008, 12:32 AM   #17
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

How the debutantes did/are doing.

Rodina -- lost 1R to [1] Sharapova.
Wickmayer -- lost 1R to Amanmuradova.

Rybarikova -- beat Sprem, lost 2R to [13] Safina.
Pandzic -- beat Bremond, lost 2R to [14] Radwanska.
Erakovic -- beat Garbin, lost 2R to [3] Jankovic.

Kvitova -- beat Morigami and Stosur, into 3R.
Suarez Navarro -- beat Parmentier and [22] Mauresmo, into 3R.
Old May 31st, 2008, 06:58 PM   #18
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenavee View Post
Last time I seen her was against Dementieva RG 06. A match she really should have won and I still have it on DVD. Her game reminds me a bit of Sharapova without the serve. Plus she's a headcase. I think she definately could still get it together on the main tour. She's still only 19.
Any chance you would be willing to sell me a copy? I'd love to see Vika play again. I miss her on the big stage.
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 02:13 AM   #19
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Another update:

Suarez Navarro into 4R with wins over Parmentier, [22] Mauresmo, and Dellacqua.
Kvitova into 4R with wins over Morigami, Stosur, and [12] Szavay.

Suarez Navarro plays Pennetta in the 4R while Kvitova plays Kanepi, great chance for both of them.
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 11:11 AM   #20
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

First time a debutante reaches a Slam QF since the 05 USO.

A few weeks ago, I was watching her lose to Corinna Dentoni.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:43 AM   #21
country flag iPatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
First time a debutante reaches a Slam QF since the 05 USO.

A few weeks ago, I was watching her lose to Corinna Dentoni.
Hmm?

I thought the QF was:

Sharapova vs. Petrova
Clijsters vs. V.Williams
Pierce vs. Mauresmo
Dementieva vs. Davenport

But yes, Suarez Navarro into the QF with a win over [26] Pennetta.
Kvitova will be looking to follow in her footsteps tomorrow.
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 04:25 AM   #22
country flag sunsfuns

sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold

Those are some impressive debuts by Kvitova and Suarez Navarro! Although in Carla's case the draw opened up for her big time...

It's interesting that she is not the first qualifier to reach Roland Garos QF in recent years. Petra Mandula and Marta Marrero (debutante too) did it too and could never follow it up with anything significant.
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 10:25 PM   #23
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty. View Post
Hmm?

I thought the QF was:

Sharapova vs. Petrova
Clijsters vs. V.Williams
Pierce vs. Mauresmo
Dementieva vs. Davenport
Didn't mean that a qualifier had reached the QF at the 05 USO; should have made it clearer that it was the first time a qualifier had reached a Slam QF in the period covered by this thread (i.e. post 05 USO).
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 01:17 AM   #24
country flag iPatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
Didn't mean that a qualifier had reached the QF at the 05 USO; should have made it clearer that it was the first time a qualifier had reached a Slam QF in the period covered by this thread (i.e. post 05 USO).
I see now, I probably should have understood that.
It would be interesting to see when the last time a debutante reached the QF of a slam, maybe I'll do some research when I have more time. Exams in two days though so I don't have much of that at the moment.
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 11:21 PM   #25
country flag Corswandt

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty. View Post
I see now, I probably should have understood that.
It would be interesting to see when the last time a debutante reached the QF of a slam, maybe I'll do some research when I have more time. Exams in two days though so I don't have much of that at the moment.
Kids these days are so damn responsible. Two days before exams are due is just the ideal occasion to waste time in here and procrastinate by spending hours digging obscure and useless stats.

Last edited by Corswandt : Jun 3rd, 2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 12:28 AM   #26
country flag Corswandt

Opening post edited:

- RG debutantes added; Suarez Navarro with the best debut in the period covered by these stats.

- edited in many new career high rankings.

- also edited list to add new career best Slam performances for the following players: Kanepi, Wozniak, Govortsova, Cetkovska and Cirstea.
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 12:29 AM   #27
country flag Corswandt

There are no debutantes with direct entry into the MD in the Wimbledon entry list, as is to be expected (no time for major ranking changes in just four weeks).

We'll have to wait and see who survives qualies.
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 10:31 PM   #28
country flag Corswandt

Several possible debutantes still alive in qualies. But I believe it's better to wait until the actual qualifying round before talking about their chances.
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 04:45 AM   #29
country flag njnetswill

njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is 

Corswandt is
njnetswill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 08:18 PM   #30
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

5 Players could be debutantes from Q:

Possible-
Dentoni (vs. Martinez Sanchez)
Dzehalevich (vs. Ondraskova)
Hrdinova (vs. Puchkova)

Unlikely-
Kulikova (vs. Rybarikova)
Iijima (vs. Fujiwara)