Let me post these very LAST PICTURES of JUSTINE'S RADIANT press conference - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 15th, 2008, 11:58 PM   #1
pigam

pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute
Let me post these very LAST PICTURES of JUSTINE'S RADIANT press conference

It's the only thing that consoles me.
How much she was at peace, and how happy and radiant she looked. The beautiful things she said, and the way she said them.
Radical and enigmatic till the end.
MERCI, Justine!

*pics: All credit to FrEaK from Ju's official forum*

Justine: feb. 5, 2007:

"I hung on to tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years. It is something that is in me, it is me."
pigam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2008, 12:00 AM   #2
VishaalMaria

VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Let me post these very LAST PICTURES of JUSTINE'S RADIANT press conference

I'm so glad that she's happy; that's the only comfort I can take. I wish her success in the future. Hope to see you around Justine. Simply beautiful.
Old May 16th, 2008, 12:05 AM   #3
country flag fawnrc

fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold fawnrc is a splendid one to behold

I never liked her b/c she was competition, but today I am sad because she is leaving. Great champion!
fawnrc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:20 AM   #4
country flag DragonFlame
Team WTAworld

DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute

i'm still lost for words... Can't take it yet. The tour without her just doesn't feel the same, especially because it's clayseason. An RG without justine in it... A new winner.. This is just gonna be wierd.

Elena, thank you for all the joy you gave me, you will always remain in my mind.
Intelligence Officer of the SS Dementieva
DragonFlame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:25 AM   #5
country flag kris719

kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute kris719 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigam View Post
It's the only thing that consoles me.
How much she was at peace, and how happy and radiant she looked. The beautiful things she said, and the way she said them.
Radical and enigmatic till the end.
sounds like something you'd say at a funeral.... not after a retirement
kris719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:29 AM   #6
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

She does look radiant.
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:33 AM   #7
country flag DragonFlame
Team WTAworld

DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris719 View Post
sounds like something you'd say at a funeral.... not after a retirement
To some of us passionate followers it actually feels like a funeral.(it does to me) I'm never gonna see that amazing game which i fell in love with anymore. No one played the way she did and no one will probably even come close for a long long time. A part of tennis has 'died' for me. There will probably be no one i can cheer as passionate for as her. It feels like the last chapter of a book that i just finished reading. A sweet ending but not as satisfactionary or expected as you thought it would be. Something that just 'hits you in the face', just like that.

Elena, thank you for all the joy you gave me, you will always remain in my mind.
Intelligence Officer of the SS Dementieva
DragonFlame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:36 AM   #8
country flag Martian KC

Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute Martian KC has a reputation beyond repute

She looks finally at peace to me, so relaxed.
[Svetlana Kuznetsova] [Ai Sugiyama] [Su-Wei Hsieh] [Gisela Dulko]

[Maja Matezvic] [Karolina Sprem] [Eleni Daniilidou] [Maria Kirilenko] [Jelena Jankovic]
[Tathiana Garbin] [Timea Bacsinszky] [Kaia Kanepi] [Na Li] [Vera Douchevina]

The Pompous Member Of The Justine Philistines' Society™
Martian 4 Life
Martian KC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:41 AM   #9
DA FOREHAND

DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute

Best she's ever looked.

"And for the best of the teen-agers who followed her, and who occasionally referred to her as over the hill, Graf had a ready answer: against top-ranked Martina Hingis, Graf wound up 7-2. Graf's stirring 4-6, 7-5, 6-2 throttling of Hingis at the French Open final this June was perhaps the most emphatic parting shot the game has ever seen. "

DA FOREHAND is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:45 AM   #10
country flag Optima
- - - - - - - - -

Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute Optima has a reputation beyond repute

I've said this many times before, but Justine is nowhere near bad looking or even close to the words that come out of so many people's mouths. I think she has a nice, unique face. Unfortunately, her outfits/hat on court never brought that out all the time.
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:51 AM   #11
country flag MisterMan

MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute MisterMan has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't she have taken off that damned Adidas outfit ??
MisterMan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 03:01 AM   #12
WF4EVER

WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future WF4EVER has a brilliant future

Some of us are acting like Justine is dead. Even me. Seeing Carlos' tears just made me sad again and I have ot remind myself that she's only leaving tennis; she's not dead.

She really does look at peace. I can't imagine that this decision was made in any haste. I just wish her the best.

It's 2008 and I'm shopping for a new fave. Hell no! And Venus is still playing?

I Love You, Roger and Venus, 5-time Wimbledon Champions!
WF4EVER is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 03:32 AM   #13
country flag Cakeisgood

Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute Cakeisgood has a reputation beyond repute

wow, she's actually not that ugly. In the end, I am sad though. I hated her because she got in Maria's way, but WTA is a little empty without her.

In love with Martha.
Cakeisgood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 03:36 AM   #14
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Great pictures; thanks.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 04:28 AM   #15
country flag Nervenbuendel

Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future Nervenbuendel has a brilliant future

First time ever I saw her warm-hearted, vulnerable, caring and also emotional strong at the same time - this made her beautiful and shining. A robot turned into a great champ and a remarkable character. That last shot hit straight to the centre.