NCAA Championship predictions - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 9th, 2008, 01:29 AM   #1
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold
NCAA Championship predictions

Who's poised to take it at the end? The top 4 are Northwestern, Georgia, Stanford, and Ga Tech. Of the four, Northwestern looks the strongest. I have no idea how Georgia is all the way up at #2. Stanford and Ga Tech have been very shakey at the end. 2 out of 3 critics over at tennisrecruiting.com are calling for FL (6) to reach the final and take them all out.
Any takers?
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2008, 02:33 PM   #2
country flag trivfun

trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of
Re: NCAA Championship predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
Who's poised to take it at the end? The top 4 are Northwestern, Georgia, Stanford, and Ga Tech. Of the four, Northwestern looks the strongest. I have no idea how Georgia is all the way up at #2. Stanford and Ga Tech have been very shakey at the end. 2 out of 3 critics over at tennisrecruiting.com are calling for FL (6) to reach the final and take them all out.
Any takers?
What about UCLA?
Old May 10th, 2008, 12:37 AM   #3
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Critic didn't mention anything about UCLA. I don't believe they are even in the top 5. But, you never know. I am thinking GA Tech might make it all the way again. For some reason they seem to be able to put it together in a big tournament. They could face UF, however. That'll be their biggest test. Northwestern is too talented for not able to make it all the way to finals. Stanford could provide the upset, however.

In the end, we might just see another classical finals between the 2 most storied programs in women's tennis: UF vs Stanford.

thoughts??
Old May 11th, 2008, 06:47 AM   #4
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

huh? Stanford is on a 9 match win streak and has won their last 24 out of 25. is that your idea of 'shakey'?

anyway, for Stanford to reach the finals, the seniors really need to step it up. Durkin came through in doubles, but got killed in singles against Tex A&M.

Quote:
Stanford and Ga Tech have been very shakey at the end.

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2008, 08:16 AM   #5
country flag desariofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by urklerlay View Post
huh? Stanford is on a 9 match win streak and has won their last 24 out of 25. is that your idea of 'shakey'?

anyway, for Stanford to reach the finals, the seniors really need to step it up. Durkin came through in doubles, but got killed in singles against Tex A&M.
a nine match win streak is really nothing to be pride about when you use that to go with a program like Stanford. You are talking about a tennis program that's used to win nationals year after year. TO have more than 2 losses in one single season for a program like that is "Shakey". Regardless, I did predict that they'd make it all the way to the finals against FL. We'll see how that plays out.
Old May 11th, 2008, 03:59 PM   #6
country flag cheo23

cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute

Celia is actually a GOOD player, but I just don't understand why she got killed yesterday. I had thought she was going to Play at No.2 as a senior!!
cheo23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:32 AM   #7
country flag desariofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheo23 View Post
Celia is actually a GOOD player, but I just don't understand why she got killed yesterday. I had thought she was going to Play at No.2 as a senior!!
it has been the case for stanford this whole season. such a talented team and so tough, but yet sometimes they aren't focused enough. perhaps they are getting a bit complacent? i still think they'd go through to the finals, though, however.
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:45 AM   #8
country flag desariofan

The sweet 16 are in. Those are the teams who made it through and i'll give it my best shot to make predictions with these...

Sweet 16 Predictions!!

Left Half:

1 Northwestern vs 16 Fresno
Northwestern easily 4-0

8 California vs 9 Duke
Both have come through easily for far. I am giving the edge to Duke 4-2

4 Stanford vs 13 Clemson
This is where Stanford could get shaky. I say a tight 4-2 for Stanford, however, with the 2 winning coming back from brink of losing

5 Baylor vs 12 Miami
Baylor 4-1

Right Half

11 Vanderbilt vs 6 Florida
Vandy barely got by Kentucky last round where as FL has been looking very solid. Florida 4-0

Texas vs 3 Ga Tech
This could provide the upset of the tournament here. I say Texas stays alive when the dust is settled: 4-3

10 USC vs 7 UCLA
A pac-10 rematch... the edge goes to UCLA 4-2

Arkansas vs 2 Gerogia
Arkansas upset UNC to get here, even with their #1 ranked player losing. I say Arkansas 4-3

Last edited by desariofan : May 12th, 2008 at 05:06 AM.
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:51 AM   #9
country flag desariofan

Quarterfinal Predictions!!

1 Northwestern vs 9 Duke - Duke plays their best, but still won't come close: 4-1
4 Stanford vs 5 Baylor - Stanford regroups from the near loss in previous round and puts on a perfect match: 4-2
6 Florida vs Texas - FL takes out Texas in championship form: 4-1
7 UCLA vs 2 Arkansas - Arkansas' luck runs out to UCLA: 4-2
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:59 AM   #10
country flag desariofan

Semis!

1 Northwestern vs 4 Stanford - Stanford shows why they have been the most winning program in women's tennis by staging another stellar performance, albeit a close contest: 4-3
6 Florida vs 7 UCLA - A rematch of last year's quarterfinals. Florida takes the revenge and reverses the score to a better finish: 4-2

FINALS

4 Stanford vs 6 Florida - This match between two of the most successful programs in women's tennis has been played out countless times. Florida took out Stanford at home for the title in 2003 and Stanford got its revenge a couple years ago in the semi's. Like a pendulum, the luck swings back to Florida this time and the Gators takes home their 5th NCAA National titles in another classically contested final: 4-3

Last edited by desariofan : May 12th, 2008 at 05:07 AM.
Old May 12th, 2008, 06:35 AM   #11
country flag cheo23

cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute cheo23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it has been the case for stanford this whole season. such a talented team and so tough, but yet sometimes they aren't focused enough. perhaps they are getting a bit complacent? i still think they'd go through to the finals, though, however.

They just don't have the BEST players anymore like Amber Liu and Anne Yelsey. Now they face the consequences of having the most number of losses in the regular season in a LONG time. If they win the NCAAs I will be really, really surprised.
Old May 12th, 2008, 06:46 AM   #12
country flag desariofan

Quote:

They just don't have the BEST players anymore like Amber Liu and Anne Yelsey. Now they face the consequences of having the most number of losses in the regular season in a LONG time. If they win the NCAAs I will be really, really surprised.
Ya those were the golden years. I would say the tennis monopoly's fallen LOL j/k. I never thought the once dominating Stanford would step down from the throne as queen of tennis.

What do you think of the predictions? What are you top 4 picks? And, who wins it all?
Old May 13th, 2008, 03:44 AM   #13
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
She injured herself in Friday's match...but I guess it wasn't that serious seeing how she played Saturday?
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 05:32 AM   #14
country flag cheo23

How do you know she injured herself? Btw, I predict that Stanford will not reach the final.
Old May 13th, 2008, 10:02 AM   #15
country flag desariofan

Quote:
How do you know she injured herself? Btw, I predict that Stanford will not reach the final.
who will win it all?