Indian Wells & some other big US tournaments ... - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 20th, 2008, 07:34 PM   #121
country flag sorcerer

sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Indian Wells & some other big US tournaments ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave. View Post
Marion has alot of points to defend, but she's in a better position now than she was this time last year.
You make a very good point.

In that sense Marion's comfort zone has now come to an end and now she has to repeat her magic feats of last summer of else she will be destination top 30 or 40.

Of course we don't wish that to happen but it would be interesting if she did complete that big cycle and say ended this season back around 30/40th in the world. So often, usually when researching Marion's opponents you see players who have climbed steadily reached a peak and then tumbled away back into 'mediocrity'. I hate to use that word but when the WTA and media light rarely shines past the top-10/20 and the most bright of young stars, top 30/40 really is 'mediocrity'.

Now I know many big tennis fans could name most of the top 100, but in a wider sporting and world context, the above is the unfortunate reality. Hopefully Marion doesn't end up back there.
Advertisement

Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:16 PM   #122
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

I agree, Marion's fans are generally very nice. We seem to have a collective character distinct from other fan circles, such as those who follow Tati.

Pity we dont have more girls here though. Sharapovarulz doesnt stop by anymore And young Zombie seems to have recanted
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:20 PM   #123

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Hm, that was in reply to Bruce Goose's. But somehow no text is quoted in the post.
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 02:45 PM   #124
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
Hm, that was in reply to Bruce Goose's. But somehow no text is quoted in the post.
Yes,I kind of assumed that you meant things that way,Super M.I have truly enjoyed the contributions and witticisms of your lively mind since I began visiting here.
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 07:30 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Yes,I kind of assumed that you meant things that way,Super M.I have truly enjoyed the contributions and witticisms of your lively mind since I began visiting here.
Glad to be of service.
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 08:06 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
You make a very good point.

In that sense Marion's comfort zone has now come to an end and now she has to repeat her magic feats of last summer of else she will be destination top 30 or 40.

Of course we don't wish that to happen but it would be interesting if she did complete that big cycle and say ended this season back around 30/40th in the world. So often, usually when researching Marion's opponents you see players who have climbed steadily reached a peak and then tumbled away back into 'mediocrity'. I hate to use that word but when the WTA and media light rarely shines past the top-10/20 and the most bright of young stars, top 30/40 really is 'mediocrity'.

Now I know many big tennis fans could name most of the top 100, but in a wider sporting and world context, the above is the unfortunate reality. Hopefully Marion doesn't end up back there.
I'm hearin you Sorcy, and slightly quizzical why you have expressed these feelings at this time.

Would it be burying our heads in the sand to say come fame or mediocrity she is still our Marion. Her fans will follow her always regardless of her rank.

Does media visibility really matter to Marion. She has always did her thing her way. The media write what they do. People say what people say. Marion is pretty impervious to it all.
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 09:05 PM   #127
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

I don't think it would matter to her either. In fact, I have a feeling that someone like Marion would prefer to fly under the media radar, as it were.

But still, as fans of her, it would really depressing if she fell all the way down the rankings. Last year she showed so much promise of being a top player.

I'm glad that she was playing very aggressively in her latest matches though. I don't think that is a bad sign at all, because that's the way she was playing at last year's Wimbledon. Ending points quickly, especially on the return of serve, is what really troubles people when Marion is playing at her best. It sounds dangerously risky, but she obviously spends a lot of time training to hit the lines over and over. If she can pull it off then she will beat people that way, she just needs to win some matches now and get her confidence back.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 09:12 PM   #128
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartoli's Boy View Post
I don't think it would matter to her either. In fact, I have a feeling that someone like Marion would prefer to fly under the media radar, as it were.

But still, as fans of her, it would really depressing if she fell all the way down the rankings. Last year she showed so much promise of being a top player.

I'm glad that she was playing very aggressively in her latest matches though. I don't think that is a bad sign at all, because that's the way she was playing at last year's Wimbledon. Ending points quickly, especially on the return of serve, is what really troubles people when Marion is playing at her best. It sounds dangerously risky, but she obviously spends a lot of time training to hit the lines over and over. If she can pull it off then she will beat people that way, she just needs to win some matches now and get her confidence back.
Me too, I really think it's a good thing that she is trying to be aggressive. This is the way she plays her best. And after all, it showed its effect since she threatened Vera who went into the final afterwards. I'm really confident about her finding her old form soon. We have to be patient, but there are good signs tournaments after tournaments even though she is extremely irregular.
This poster I quoted reported that she was moving well, it's already a good point .

The only thing I'm worried about is her physical shape, I don't know how to interpret all those losses in 3 sets. Lack of confidence, lack of stamina, no energy?

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 06:51 AM   #129
country flag weary

weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light

Come on Marion, you need to lift!
weary is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote