Marina Erakovic Cheering Thread - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 28th, 2008, 09:06 PM   #166
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marina Erakovic into the Quarterfinals at Memphis!!! Starts not before 9am NZT!!!

Marina lost the first set 6-4 after she was up 3-2 serving
Advertisement

Old Feb 28th, 2008, 10:19 PM   #167
country flag etf

etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold etf is a splendid one to behold
Re: Marina Erakovic into the Quarterfinals at Memphis!!! Starts not before 9am NZT!!!

Marina defeated Alla Kudryavtseva of Russia 4-6 6-3 6-3

Katherine Westbury ~ Emily Fanning ~ Dianne Hollands
etf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 12:56 AM   #168
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

another wta semi for marina, well done.

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 01:09 AM   #169
country flag Renalicious
Queen Cockroach

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

Yep.
makarova, diatchenko, keys, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 02:09 AM   #170
country flag Erakovic

Erakovic is a glorious beacon of light Erakovic is a glorious beacon of light Erakovic is a glorious beacon of light Erakovic is a glorious beacon of light Erakovic is a glorious beacon of light Erakovic is a glorious beacon of light Erakovic is a glorious beacon of light Erakovic is a glorious beacon of light Erakovic is a glorious beacon of light Erakovic is a glorious beacon of light Erakovic is a glorious beacon of light

Another SF!

Linds will be a big challenge
Erakovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 02:12 AM   #171
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

What a great effort from Marina! She'll have it tough in the next round though - Davenport - I hope she puts in a good showing though!

What a great start to 2008 for her!

Semifinals in WTA Auckland (beating Harkleroad & Zvonereva in the process)
Winner of 25K ITF Mildura
Finalist of 25K ITF Berri
Semifinals in WTA Memphis

Her W-L record this year is now at 18 - 3! (the other loss came in the first round of qualifying versus Dokic) It's great to see she's making good of the chances she's getting. Very impressed!
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 02:31 AM   #172
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DOKIC View Post
What a great effort from Marina! She'll have it tough in the next round though - Davenport - I hope she puts in a good showing though!

What a great start to 2008 for her!

Semifinals in WTA Auckland (beating Harkleroad & Zvonereva in the process)
Winner of 25K ITF Mildura
Finalist of 25K ITF Berri
Semifinals in WTA Memphis

Her W-L record this year is now at 18 - 3! (the other loss came in the first round of qualifying versus Dokic) It's great to see she's making good of the chances she's getting. Very impressed!
Her Win/Loss record this year isn't 18-3...

Its 22-3 (if you include her Fed Cup results)
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 03:17 AM   #173
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyking View Post
Her Win/Loss record this year isn't 18-3...

Its 22-3 (if you include her Fed Cup results)
Forgot about that, sorry! Well she's 18-3 in matches that affect her ranking yeah?
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 03:35 AM   #174
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of
Re: Welcome to the top 100 Marina Erakovic!!! Semifinal tomorrow against Lindsay!!

i dont wanna be an arse. but she hasnt really beaten anybody good. Kondratieva, Gullickson, Logar, Jidkova, Liu and Kudryavtseva. I think only Kudryavtseva is in the top 100. Add to this a 6/0 6/0 loss in doubles. I'm not too impressed. Lindsay will smack her. maybe im wrong tho but yeah... Auckland was probly better.
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 03:44 AM   #175
Golovinjured.

Re: Welcome to the top 100 Marina Erakovic!!! Semifinal tomorrow against Lindsay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
i dont wanna be an arse. but she hasnt really beaten anybody good. Kondratieva, Gullickson, Logar, Jidkova, Liu and Kudryavtseva. I think only Kudryavtseva is in the top 100. Add to this a 6/0 6/0 loss in doubles. I'm not too impressed. Lindsay will smack her. maybe im wrong tho but yeah... Auckland was probly better.
I agree that the wins aren't particularly spectacular, but the way I see it is that she made it threw a draw that the likes of Venus Williams and Tatiana Golovin couldn't. I can't see her troubling Lindsay at all unfortunately following Lindsay's 6-0 6-2 drubbing of Wonziacki, and a double bagle over Marina in 1st Rnd Doubles. Linds is in great form this week if the scorelines are anything to go by.

BTW I know singles is different to doubles blah blah etc etc etc. But there will be no surprises for Linds now, she knows how Marina plays and she'll be ready. My prediction: Davenport def. Erakovic 6-3 6-1
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 03:45 AM   #176
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
I'm not going to argue with you on the point you made there (agree to disagree with you man) but look at what happenned in Auckland

She beat Ellen Barry in the first round, then Ashley Harkleroad in the second round...and after that she beat the top seed and finalist of the previous two years Vera Zvonareva.

Having easy draws doesn't necesarily mean that you will loose when you verse a good player

I think it's quite possible that Lindsay will beat her, but if Marina wins it would not be the biggest upset of this year
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 03:48 AM   #177
country flag kittyking

Quote:
I agree that the wins aren't particularly spectacular, but the way I see it is that she made it threw a draw that the likes of Venus Williams and Tatiana Golovin couldn't. I can't see her troubling Lindsay at all unfortunately following Lindsay's 6-0 6-2 drubbing of Wonziacki, and a double bagle over Marina in 1st Rnd Doubles. Linds is in great form this week if the scorelines are anything to go by.

BTW I know singles is different to doubles blah blah etc etc etc. But there will be no surprises for Linds now, she knows how Marina plays and she'll be ready. My prediction: Davenport def. Erakovic 6-3 6-1
It's not Marina's fault that she had a reasonably open draw, she has won every singles match that she played - plenty of players in a situation to her lost in qualifying to relative unknowns. I'm keeping the faith, I think Marina will win 6-7 7-6 7-6. If she wins I'll be happy, if she loose I'll be sad but it's certainly been a massive week for tennis here in New Zealand and we owe that all to her.
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 03:49 AM   #178
Golovinjured.

Quote:
I think it's quite possible that Lindsay will beat her, but if Marina wins it would not be the biggest upset of this year
Really? I would be in disbelief! I think it will be up there will the biggest upsets this year so far.
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 03:53 AM   #179
country flag kittyking

Quote:
Really? I would be in disbelief! I think it will be up there will the biggest upsets this year so far.
Marina's victory over Vera or Petras win over Venus would be the biggest upsets so far I'd say. Maria's second set bagel over Justine would be the biggest set upset of the year.
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 03:54 AM   #180
Golovinjured.

Quote:
It's not Marina's fault that she had a reasonably open draw, she has won every singles match that she played - plenty of players in a situation to her lost in qualifying to relative unknowns. I'm keeping the faith, I think Marina will win 6-7 7-6 7-6. If she wins I'll be happy, if she loose I'll be sad but it's certainly been a massive week for tennis here in New Zealand and we owe that all to her.

I'm complimenting her! I'm saying that although she has only beaten average players so far this week, she has still achieved something that Golovin and Venus couldn't do, and that's making it through to the semifinals. I'm giving her credit for making it through a draw that Venus and Tatiana couldn't. I'm not knocking her performance - a semifinal in any WTA tournament, with any field, is a great achievement for someone in Marina's position.