irish tennis - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 1st, 2007, 05:32 PM   #46
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

Amy Bowtell owtell wins her first ETA under 16 title in Sweden. A star is born.
polly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 12:16 PM   #47
country flag polly

polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of polly has much to be proud of

Best of luck to Amy Bowtell, Mariyana Levova and Lynsey McCullough in the ITF under 18's grade 5 event in Belarus this week.
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 06:37 PM   #48
country flag polly

Here is an article from an Irish newspaper - Sunday Independent - 02/12/07.

Bowtell takes U16 title

Greystones player Amy Bowtell truck a major blow for Irish underage tennis when she captured the girls' singles U-16 title in the European Tennis Association event in Gothenburg yesterday, defeating Poland's Katarzyna Kaleta 6-3 5-7 7-6(7/4) in the final.

The victory of no.6 seed Bowtell, 137 in the European u-16 rankings, was additionally creditable as Kaleta was the top seed and is placed as high as 17 in the European U-16's. Three weeks ago, Bwtell finished runner up in an ITF under 18 event in Andorra, and next week she chases additional ITF U-18 ranking points in a tournament in Belarus.
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 07:37 PM   #49
country flag Tennis-Chick

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouf View Post
ireland will play the master U (university tournament) in france start the 6th december i will be there for photos i will post the irish players
Thanks for the info

Beth Mattek-Sands Georgie Stoop

Come back soon Tati
Tennis-Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2007, 07:39 PM   #50

Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute Tennis-Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Indenpendent - 12th December

HOT on the heels of the shock change of dates for the Fed Cup comes news of a major blow to Ireland's prospects in next year's competition.

Ireland team boss Garry Cahill has just discovered that he will be unable to call on Bulgarian-born Mariyana Levova for the seven-country event in Tallin, Estonia on the week commencing January 28.

Cahill had expected that Navan-based Levova would be cleared by the ITF to line out for Ireland. But his hopes were dashed on learning last weekend that the player's naturalisation process has not yet been formalised by the Irish authorities.

"Mariyana has been living with her parents in Ireland for four to five years now, and we didn't envisage that there would be any problems with her playing in the Fed Cup," explained Cahill.

"But apparently the immigration authorities in this country have not completed their work in Mariyana's case. And until that happens, the ITF cannot give clearance for her to play for Ireland in the Fed Cup.

"It's a major disappointment for us, as we feel that Mariyana would have had a lot to offer to the team," he added.

Promise

Since coming to live in Ireland, Levova has underlined her rich promise by winning the National U-18 title three times.

To add to Cahill's problems, Emma Murphy is currently sidelined with injury.

The Ireland supremo is hoping that Dubliner Rachael Dillon, who commenced a four-year tennis scholarship at San Francisco's Berkeley University last August, will be available to play in her third Fed Cup campaign.

On the plus side, national No 1 Kelly Liggan, who missed out in 2005 and 2006 because of tournament commitments has confirmed that she will be available for the Tallin event.

MARK BOWTELL produced the best performance of the four-strong Irish team in the ITF U-18 event in Minsk, Belarus.

The Greystones lad reached the semi-finals of the boys' singles, and Limerick's Sam Barry made the second round.

But Mark's sister Amy and Mariyana Levova suffered first round defeats in the girls' singles.

Come back soon Tati
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:15 PM   #51
country flag polly

The Irish Federation Cup team has been announced and they are Kelly Liggan, Yvonne Doyle, Anne Mall and Amy Bowtell. Its an incredible achievement for Amy Bowtell as she is only 14 years of age and she is the youngest ever to play for Ireland. I think Amy is definitely a champion in the making.
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 11:12 AM   #52
country flag polly

Here is a very interesting article about Amy Bowtell from the Irish Times. Just click on the link:

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/spo...596997862.html
Old Jan 19th, 2008, 06:46 PM   #53
country flag Cat in the hat

Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light Cat in the hat is a glorious beacon of light

Polly i could read it because i havent subscribed to Irish times. What did it say?
Cat in the hat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2008, 10:45 PM   #54
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenk View Post
Polly i could read it because i havent subscribed to Irish times. What did it say?
yeah same here i cant see it either

i hope she sticks at tennis and becomes a big irish player

it would really attract people to play tennis in ireland if one player made it big like look aty Russia where dozens of stars were born after Kournikova made it big
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 03:49 AM   #55
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of

I agree, what we need is one breakout star to draw the media's attention to tennis and get more young kids interested, some of which will hopefully go on to be great players themselves, which gets even more media attention, and so on. But at the moment the opposite is happening - no big names in tennis, so nobody pays attention to the sport, so most kids have no interest and so Irish tennis stagnates even more, and on and on. We don't even need a top 10 tennis player or Grand Slam champ or anything like that, we just need someone to make any kind of waves on the senior international circuit.

Look at Denmark at the moment. They've never had a big player, but I'm sure Caroline Wozniacki's success is helping to boost interest in the sport, and she hasn't even gotten to any major finals yet. But when are we going to get our Wozniacki
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #56
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah and Ireland is roughly the same size as Denmark population wise, also look at Stephanie Vogt like she comes from such a small country

I think Amy is going backwards now she still has a low rank, Sam Barry was doing well for a while on the Junior circut
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 02:50 PM   #57
country flag wales1994

wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future

any news??
wales1994 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 09:47 PM   #58
*Sesil*

Well Kelly Liggan is currently in Quebec Qualifying
Old Oct 26th, 2008, 03:36 PM   #59

Mariyana Levova has been playing a few 1ok & 25ks qualifying lately, qualifying for one 1ok. She got to the QF of the doubles competition at 25k Glasgow this week. Although she is still registered as Bulgarian

Rachael Dillon is playing college tennis in the US, where she has been doing quite well recently.

Kelly lost first round of qualifying in Québec.

So that's really it in womens tennis for Ireland atm. Bowtell, McCullough, Madill and other juniors aren't doing too well atm either, and last years promising junior Maria Morrissey is away to college.

Although there does seem some good younger players like Sinead Lohan. On the mens side there is also a good few players in Sorensen, Niland and McGee and some promising juniors like John Morrissey and Barry.

Come back soon Tati
Old Oct 26th, 2008, 04:21 PM   #60
country flag wales1994

wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future wales1994 has a brilliant future

What Happened to Emma Murphy she was doin well last year
wales1994 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote