Australian open 2008 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 11th, 2008, 01:08 PM   #61
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian open 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by away View Post
Iam not scared of Davenport and Iam sure Maria also is. And she will show Serena how to beat Henin at a GS QF
LOL LOL LOL good luck masha...i'm looking forward to a serena vs masha semi (with serena going through sorry lol)

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 11th, 2008, 01:10 PM   #62
country flag zayos_10

zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all

I have to confess that I dont see why people keep saying that Davemport is dangerous for Maria. I know in the past they had tough matches and all that, but since then Maria has improved a lot of things. Besides, I´ve always thought that Maria has problems with players that are fast and can handled her power, like Henin, Mauresmo, Clijesters or the WS. But Davenport?? I mean, she wasnt the fastest player out there before, and I dont think she is now, right? So that´s why I´m not so worried about her, but I guess in tennis anything can happen, right?? either way... GOOD LUCK MARIA!!
zayos_10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #63
country flag senia

senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayos_10 View Post
I have to confess that I dont see why people keep saying that Davemport is dangerous for Maria. I know in the past they had tough matches and all that, but since then Maria has improved a lot of things. Besides, I´ve always thought that Maria has problems with players that are fast and can handled her power, like Henin, Mauresmo, Clijesters or the WS. But Davenport?? I mean, she wasnt the fastest player out there before, and I dont think she is now, right? So that´s why I´m not so worried about her, but I guess in tennis anything can happen, right?? either way... GOOD LUCK MARIA!!

I think they are not affraid that maria will actually lose (as i think she won't against davenport) but if you compared maria- davenport to other 2nd round matches, it's damn tough for a seeded player! normally a second round is almost a walk over, but in this case it won't be
senia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 01:39 PM   #64
country flag Emina.

Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute

tough draw for Masha
hope she stays healthy that's the most important thing.i dont think she can win this ..sorry.
Emina. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 03:03 PM   #65
country flag @Sweet Cleopatra

@Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future @Sweet Cleopatra has a brilliant future

God bless Maria and me , tough draw , I hope she stays healthy and focused , cmon Masha ,
@Sweet Cleopatra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 04:02 PM   #66
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like Maria's draw, I'm talking about Lindsay in 2R and if she gets past her - Henin in the QF. Of course Lindsay can beat Maria, I have no doubt about that, honestly, I don't even know who I want to win this one, should be a great match to watch, though
One thing's for sure, it's going to be a tough tournament for Maria.
Good luck

Kim's_fan_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 04:04 PM   #67
country flag RichyRena

RichyRena is a name known to all RichyRena is a name known to all RichyRena is a name known to all RichyRena is a name known to all RichyRena is a name known to all RichyRena is a name known to all RichyRena is a name known to all RichyRena is a name known to all RichyRena is a name known to all RichyRena is a name known to all RichyRena is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by away View Post
Iam not scared of Davenport and Iam sure Maria also is. And she will show Serena how to beat Henin at a GS QF
Haha I hope she does beat Justine in the Quarters that would be great! Hmm I dont think Davenport should be a big problem she hasnt played a player of that calibre (Sharapova) since her comeback besides Jankovic...so it depends how much Lindsay can raise her game, but im putting my money on Maria.
RichyRena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #68
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayos_10 View Post
well tbh even though davenport is not the quickest it's also very hard to get her moving...she has impeccable footwork and once she's firing shots it's hard to make her move hence why she can demolish almost anyone once she's totally on...however masha will have to make sure her serve is working full force so as not to give lindsay an advantage...lindsay can handle the pace...it's just the moving about she doesn't excel at and if masha wants to win that is what she will have to continue to do

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 04:28 PM   #69
country flag Shimizu Amon

Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future

Well it's all but a great draw, but then again these things happen.
If I could have had the choice I wouldn't pick Davenport for a 2nd round match up, but hey it will only mean that Masha need to pick it up in round 2 and from there on she will get better and better. I'm confidence Masha can beat Davenport in an interesting 2 set macht as long as (and she will be) she's focused.

Good luck Masha. But I'll be back to cheer for you in a big way

4452... Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria's Official Slayer of the Maria Mafia

Devoted to Maria Sharapova, Mary Pierce and Steffi Graf
Shimizu Amon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 04:50 PM   #70
country flag Coffee&TV

Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future

Wow! Really tough draw!!! Go Sharapova!!!!
Coffee&TV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 04:53 PM   #71
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

The tougher the draw, the better. Having that whining thing about how "maria got such an easy draw" has a subtle effect that is not good. The tough draw is an extra shot of adrenaline for Maria.
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #72
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a very difficult draw but if you want to win you have to beat the best and hopefully she does.
Good luck Maria!

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #73
country flag Mikey B

Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of

this draw is really tough but also awesome at the same time! gonna have some awesome matches early on seeing if the players make it... maria vs lindsay is going to be great!!! pick of the 1st week's matches i think! the big problem is henin in the quarters, but if it all comes together then i believe in maria and think she can win.. and if she beats henin then i dont think anyone could dent maria's confidence for the semi's and final! but lets just take it one match at a time, good luck for monday or tuesday maria, cant wait to get started!!!
Mikey B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 06:39 PM   #74
country flag Sharapower8

Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future Sharapower8 has a brilliant future

A little afraid by the draw but we already saw what she's capable of so I totally believe in her ! I think that 2008 will be the revenge year... Well, I hope so

Sharapova.Vaidisova.Vesnina.Bondarenko.
Wozniacki.Kirilenko.Goerges.Petkovic. Azarenka

Sharapower8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 09:21 PM   #75
country flag Jovana.
sleep deprivation.

Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharapower8 View Post
A little afraid by the draw but we already saw what she's capable of so I totally believe in her ! I think that 2008 will be the revenge year... Well, I hope so
I hope so too even though I'm not very confident for the AO... still...it's a loong year

GO MASHA!
Jovana. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote