Australian open 2008 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #16
country flag Shoulderpova
Team WTAworld

Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute Shoulderpova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian open 2008

Do your best Masha
Shoulderpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:35 PM   #17
country flag Shimizu Amon

Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future

I have good hopes for this years AO.
Hopefully I can cheer Masha all the way to this years title .

4452... Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria's Official Slayer of the Maria Mafia

Devoted to Maria Sharapova, Mary Pierce and Steffi Graf
Shimizu Amon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 05:49 PM   #18
Lefty.
박규리

Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighHopes View Post
I agree,you really have to be an extreme fan to get up at 4am to watch tennis not me though...
I did for Wimbledon. Except that was because it was summer vacation for me and I got Wimbledon Live so I wanted the full value from it.

Lefty. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 06:08 PM   #19
country flag fpusi

fpusi is just really nice fpusi is just really nice fpusi is just really nice fpusi is just really nice fpusi is just really nice fpusi is just really nice fpusi is just really nice fpusi is just really nice fpusi is just really nice fpusi is just really nice fpusi is just really nice

For me the AO and the USO are also at night or morning and it's school time but if Maria's matches are transmitted and I don't have to go to school yet I always wake up and watch it. I love watching matches at night..i can watch it in peace.
fpusi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 06:24 PM   #20
country flag Jovana.
sleep deprivation.

Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty. View Post
I did for Wimbledon. Except that was because it was summer vacation for me and I got Wimbledon Live so I wanted the full value from it.
that was very brave of you ...I would never get up so early...lazy me
Jovana. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 01:02 AM   #21
country flag zayos_10

zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all zayos_10 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighHopes View Post
that was very brave of you ...I would never get up so early...lazy me
Well... If Maria is playing, I do get up that early even if I have classes that day. Actually, last year when she played against Svonareva (spell?) at the AO I had class at 7am and I woke up to watch her match at 3am and then, I went to class

Also, like somebody said, I´m not so worried about the draw ´cause if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best, right?. Plus, wasnt she the 13 seed and 4th seed when she won wimbledon and the US Open, respectively? I know the circumstances are different, but I am just saying that when you got it, you got it, so if Maria is playing well then only good things can happen, right? (figer crossed)
zayos_10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 12:37 PM   #22
country flag Jovana.
sleep deprivation.

Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute Jovana. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayos_10 View Post
Well... If Maria is playing, I do get up that early even if I have classes that day. Actually, last year when she played against Svonareva (spell?) at the AO I had class at 7am and I woke up to watch her match at 3am and then, I went to class

Also, like somebody said, I´m not so worried about the draw ´cause if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best, right?. Plus, wasnt she the 13 seed and 4th seed when she won wimbledon and the US Open, respectively? I know the circumstances are different, but I am just saying that when you got it, you got it, so if Maria is playing well then only good things can happen, right? (figer crossed)
well I must admit I did get up really early once (when Masha was playing against venus in Miami) around 3am but that was it...
and you're right about the draw i guess,maybe it would be better if the draw is harder...I think she really can do it!
Jovana. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 02:59 PM   #23
country flag senia

senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all

great.. broadcasting starts here at 9.30 am, and the second week i'll have a week off from uni so that's great I can set my alarm, and can keep laying in my bed till 2 pm watching great tennis matches can it get any better ?!

well.. yeah ... if maria would win i guess
senia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 07:47 PM   #24
country flag P_Fer

P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of P_Fer has much to be proud of

Good luck Masha!
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 09:01 PM   #25
country flag sharapovarulz1
She came to play.......

sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like to watch Maria's matches I am going to have to get up at all hours of the morning then go to work, I am just glad there is such a thing as pro-plus and coffee otherwise I would have been dead during the US Open and will be for the next 2 weeks lol the things we do to see Marias matches eh!

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 11:38 AM   #26
country flag senia

senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all senia is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharapovarulz1 View Post
It looks like to watch Maria's matches I am going to have to get up at all hours of the morning then go to work, I am just glad there is such a thing as pro-plus and coffee otherwise I would have been dead during the US Open and will be for the next 2 weeks lol the things we do to see Marias matches eh!
well if you have a dvd/video recorder that'd be a sollution, but ofcourse that isn't as fun as watching live.
senia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 12:10 PM   #27
country flag sharapovarulz1
She came to play.......

sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by senia View Post
well if you have a dvd/video recorder that'd be a sollution, but ofcourse that isn't as fun as watching live.
I haven't got either of them only a DVD player, plus the tennis is on Eurosport and I haven't got that on TV so will have to get the channel surfing on the net which you can't record anyway

But nothing beats the emotion of watching the match live

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 03:07 PM   #28
country flag Katie.
a million little stars ★

Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of Katie. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharapovarulz1 View Post
haha exactly! I actually really like getting up really early or staying up all night to watch the matches (well not all matches just Maria's and my other favourites), it kind of feels even more exciting for me, I'm not really sure why though haha. But I actually get the second week of the Australian Open off school this year so I am quite lucky!
Katie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 04:34 PM   #29
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMashaFan View Post
Im a bit nervous about the draw as well. drawing Henin in the quarters would be prety bad. Any of the other top 4 would be OK just not Henin. I wonder if she is there yet? I havent seen any pix.
actually the confidence she would get from taking out jh in the quarters would be huge...and it would be best to take out jh then cause that is when she would be weakest since she's less likely to crack in a final unless outplayed a la US Open 06

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 06:45 PM   #30
country flag Cat123

Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of Cat123 has much to be proud of

I'm exciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiited!!! But very nervous about the draw. I realise not all 3 of my favourites will avoid Henin's half of the draw But it would be amazing if they did!