The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 12th, 2007, 04:48 PM   #16
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeli View Post
Thanks for this. Very fun to watch.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 2007, 05:29 PM   #17
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Watched the 1st part, downloading 2nd

Unfortunately she is talanted, though cannot go far with this movement and serve
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 01:11 AM   #18
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you. The serve does need some work but I think she may have improved on it since we last saw her.
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 12:26 PM   #19
country flag PerfectForm

PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future

That serve is horrid!! Interesting groundstrokes though. More parts to come Nouf?

Morita. Pavlyuchenkova. Halep. Antoniychuk. Wozniacki. Vesnina. Chakvetadze. Jankovic. Ivanovic. Puig

Larcher D B. Diyas. Orlik. E Bogdan. Khromacheva. Ishizu. Kovalets. Kichenoks. Cepelova
PerfectForm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 07:10 PM   #20
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, that's all I can find of her. I think that's all the parts though.

Last edited by Natash. : Nov 19th, 2007 at 11:02 PM.
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 11:52 PM   #21
country flag PerfectForm

PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future

I recently saw a video of Gabriela Niculescu on youtube. I believe she's Monica's older sister. Seems to play a regular game as compared to Monica, anyone knows how good her sister actually was?

Morita. Pavlyuchenkova. Halep. Antoniychuk. Wozniacki. Vesnina. Chakvetadze. Jankovic. Ivanovic. Puig

Larcher D B. Diyas. Orlik. E Bogdan. Khromacheva. Ishizu. Kovalets. Kichenoks. Cepelova
Old Nov 18th, 2007, 04:52 PM   #22
country flag ciprianned

ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold

MONICA NICULESCU
Old Nov 24th, 2007, 01:43 PM   #23
country flag rated_next

rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute rated_next has a reputation beyond repute

Gabriela was never as good as Monica and is now in the States playing college tennis.
rated_next is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2007, 02:57 PM   #24
country flag PerfectForm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rated_next View Post
Gabriela was never as good as Monica and is now in the States playing college tennis.
yea. The youtube video I saw showed her practising tons of groundstrokes but she didn't do those slices that Monica does. Anyway, from the video, it seems that Gabriela's serve is slightly better than Monica. Not sure if I can find the link, but I'd post it up if I do

Old Nov 24th, 2007, 03:28 PM   #25
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Just regarding Monica's serve, when I last saw Monica play it was at Roehampton in the qualifying to Wimbledon. At that time Monica was actually making some very decent serves but yes she was also making some quite poor serves too. It was missing quite a bit and sometimes lacked pace. But it wasn't all bad. She hit a few aces as well.

The thing is looking at Monica's results over the past few weeks, not just the fact she is winning almost every match she is playing but even more the manner in which she is dismissing her opponents with such ease, I can't help but think all this talk about her having a weak serve could very well be something that has been sorted out over the last few months. I really don't think we would be seeing the scores she is producing if she was serving at the level shown in that otherwise highly entertaining video with Monica playing Masha. If she is still serving at that level then all I can say is the rest of her game must be scarily good right now. Either way, she appears to be on the fastlane to the top 100 and it doesn't look like she is stopping for traffic lights either.
Old Nov 24th, 2007, 08:56 PM   #26
country flag ciprianned

ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold

Monica advanced to final in Mount Gambier , after she beat in semifinal : Niculescu vs. CHUANG, Chia-Jung (TPE) 6-0 6-2
In final she play with LEE, Ye-Ra (KOR) 8 !
GOOD LUCK MONICA !!!
Old Nov 25th, 2007, 08:35 AM   #27
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Monica has won yet another ITF. In the final she lost only four games, winning 6-3 6-1 over yet another discombobulated opponent.

I named this thread "The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu", and Monica continues to justify the praise within that title. There are so many stats one could provide right now that reflect just how well she is playing but next year we will all get to see for ourselves as she continues to rise up the rankings and starts to compete against the world's best players on our TV's and at our favorite local tennis tournaments.

Next year is going to rock.
Old Nov 25th, 2007, 09:40 AM   #28
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

I think 75K Dubai where Monica just made the MD Cutoff will show how she is playing and how she can compete with stronger players, not 25K players
Old Nov 25th, 2007, 09:47 AM   #29
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

I've been an on and off fan of Monica since 2004

Shes very highly regarded by my favourite player Marina Erakovic, they played alot of doubles together and you they would often hang out at parties together.
Old Nov 25th, 2007, 09:48 AM   #30
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi. View Post
I think 75K Dubai where Monica just made the MD Cutoff will show how she is playing and how she can compete with stronger players, not 25K players
Marina will be there too, hopefully they will play doubles together again