SORANA CIRSTEA vs. RALUCA OLARU - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Cirstea or Olaru ?

Sorana Cirstea 40 66.67%
Raluca Olaru 20 33.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 12:33 AM   #16
country flag Derek.
Two and counting.

Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SORANA CIRSTEA vs. RALUCA OLARU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValTsunami View Post
Sorana is most talentated. It's younger than Ralu, at 17 years is 107, Olaru at 17 years was 260. At tehnic part they are equal, but at the mental Sorana is more strong than Ralu, this is the big difference betwen this girls.
Uhh, Sorana is definitely NOT stronger than Raluca mentally.
She's one of the most up and down young players I've followed.
Derek. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 09:54 AM   #17
country flag ValTsunami

ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by meelis13 View Post

Raluca and Sorana with other Romanian hopes.
In this picture are: Raluca, Alexandra Dulgheru, Mihaela Buzarnescu, Sorana and Alex Luncanu.
ValTsunami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 10:01 AM   #18
country flag ValTsunami

ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light ValTsunami is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek. View Post
Uhh, Sorana is definitely NOT stronger than Raluca mentally.
She's one of the most up and down young players I've followed.
Raluca is strong mentally, but Sorana is much strong . Here, in Romania, a lot of coaches said that the Raluca's big problem is...mental. They knew Ralu sice she was a child and they know verry well her problems.
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 04:31 PM   #19
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Ralu is so cute on this picture!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2007, 08:35 PM   #20
country flag Derek.
Two and counting.

Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValTsunami View Post
Raluca is strong mentally, but Sorana is much strong . Here, in Romania, a lot of coaches said that the Raluca's big problem is...mental. They knew Ralu sice she was a child and they know verry well her problems.
Yes, I know her biggest problem is her mentality at times.

But it's the same, maybe even worse for Sorana. Look at her results. Extremely up and down.
Derek. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2007, 08:41 PM   #21
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that both of their best career wins so far have come over the same player.
Old Nov 24th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #22
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty. View Post
Interesting that both of their best career wins so far have come over the same player.
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2007, 09:03 PM   #23
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Olaru IMO .. Cirstea did reach the WTA Final, but hasnt impressed me since .. And in Budapest she didnt play great, just that the draw was excellent for the final.

While Ralu
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2007, 09:28 PM   #24
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi. View Post
Olaru IMO .. Cirstea did reach the WTA Final, but hasnt impressed me since .. And in Budapest she didnt play great, just that the draw was excellent for the final.

While Ralu
I'm certainly not convinced Olaru is superior to Cirstea. Sorana has had two tournaments this year where she has beaten not one, not two, but three top 100 players. Raluca has yet to ever beat more than two top 100 players in a tournament. When Sorana gets on a roll and gets a good opportunity that seems to be when she plays her best tennis. That bodes very well for the future. Sorana is also a full year younger than Raluca so in terms of age she is actually well ahead of where Raluca was a year ago. I would still say longterm it is impossible to make a sensible judgement on which one will have a better career. I can only say time will tell.

I also believe Monica Niculescu will be very much in the mix amongst the top Romanians too.
Old Nov 25th, 2007, 07:57 AM   #25
country flag ValTsunami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek. View Post
Yes, I know her biggest problem is her mentality at times.

But it's the same, maybe even worse for Sorana. Look at her results. Extremely up and down.
This is lack of constancy, not mental problems.
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 11:11 AM   #26
country flag Mircea

Mircea is just really nice Mircea is just really nice Mircea is just really nice Mircea is just really nice Mircea is just really nice Mircea is just really nice Mircea is just really nice Mircea is just really nice Mircea is just really nice Mircea is just really nice Mircea is just really nice

what's the point of this thread? :O anyway i voted for Sorana..it's obvious that she has more talent..
Mircea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2008, 04:03 AM   #27
country flag Venus&Serena

Venus&Serena is a name known to all Venus&Serena is a name known to all Venus&Serena is a name known to all Venus&Serena is a name known to all Venus&Serena is a name known to all Venus&Serena is a name known to all Venus&Serena is a name known to all Venus&Serena is a name known to all Venus&Serena is a name known to all Venus&Serena is a name known to all Venus&Serena is a name known to all

Sorana is a year younger and is only slightly behind so at the end of the day I think she (Sorana) will be the better player
Old Jan 30th, 2008, 04:49 AM   #28
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

Sorana is almost 50 places behind Raluca.

Sorana might be the better player or Raluca might be the better player. I don't think it's so clearcut to say that Sorana is obviously more talented or that Raluca is obviously more talented.

Sorana has gotten a lot of new fans since the AO 08 but Raluca did reach the 3R at Roland Garros from qualies and she beat decent players to get there. I agree with ChrisCHorse's last sentence in the first paragraph.

Besides, we have a few more talented Romanians coming up as well. Instead of comparing them, best to appreciate the young talent fans in general are getting.

Raluca and Sorana.
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2008, 06:17 PM   #29
country flag Vassili

Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold Vassili is a splendid one to behold

Olaru of course !

~ Hantuchova ~ Ivanovic ~ Raluca Olaru ~ Golovin ~ Chakvetadze ~

The Official Harp Player in Kirilenko's Orchestra

Vassili is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2008, 03:05 AM   #30
country flag Langers

Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Olaru at the Aussie Open, she was simpply overpowered by Vaidisova. She hits reasonably well but really did struggle against the power of her opponent. It probably wasn't a great indication of what she's capable of because she really did struggle.

I also saw Sorana at the Open and she did impress me. Hits the ball very well, generated a lot of power and has great racquet head speed. She should've won the first set against Ivanovic but tightened up. She sort of lost her way in the second set but made Ana fight hard for the win; she saved quite a few match points.

On seeing both of them play I would definitely say Sorana, but I didn't get a true indication of what Olaru is capable of.
Langers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote