On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 ! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 18th, 2007, 08:30 PM   #31
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

Weird loss , it seems that she really struggles with matches she should easily win.

A big opportunity missed. She may put too much pressure on her with the YEC just as Safina did last year.

Good luck in Luxembourg !

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 19th, 2007, 01:10 AM   #32
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Loyalty and love often co-exist,and one of their common traits is that they are faithful even in trying times.Although I don't LOVE Marion per se,I HAVE invested myself in her and wish to see her succeed.

Lost interest in James Bond a long time ago during my late youth;he's such a stupid joke of a hero with his absurd situations,and he's never in jeopardy because there's like a 0% chance that he'll die.Therefore,he's NOT one of us who faces real-life struggles in our everyday encounters.Marion is different...she's quite pretty but not so unbelievable that we can't relate to her.She's highly talented yet not so amazingly athletic that the game comes easily for her even when she's been away...THAT'S a big reason why it feels so natural to cheer for her.Marion,you MUST stop losing so frequently to the Vania Kings of this world. We are still in your corner,though.
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 01:53 AM   #33
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

Awww Marion...
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 07:48 AM   #34
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uugh.
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 08:14 AM   #35
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Marion Bartoli était la tête de série n°1 du tournoi de Calcutta, mais ce statut n'a pas impressionné son adversaire, l'Américaine Vania King, 90e joueuse mondiale, qui s'est imposée mardi au premier tour en deux sets (6-1, 7-5).

La n°12 mondiale a payé ses trop nombreuses fautes directes, notamment au premier set où l'Américaine de 18 ans s'est facilement détachée. La Finaliste de Wimbledon avouait avoir eu du mal avec la surface : «La lenteur de la surface lui a donné plus de chances de renvoyer la balle, a-t-elle expliqué. Je ne l'avais jamais joué auparavant, je n'ai pas pu me préparer tactiquement.»

From L'Equipe.fr
____

Overall, they said that Marion lost because she made too many unforced errors. I remember that an Indian poster said that she missed after a 5 or 6 shots rally. Apparently, she struggled with the surface, she confessed that as the surface is very slow, her opponent had more opportunities to put the ball in the court. And as she didn't know her before, she didn't have chances to get prepared tactically.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Sep 19th, 2007, 08:20 AM   #36
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Well, from what I understand, Marion hasn't worked enough for this tournament. Being a top 10 mustn't change her way of preparing the events. If she is there, it is thanks to a hard work. I can't believe that she got surprised by the surface, she has surely experienced it with trainings, right ?

Luxembourg should be a faster surface I think, I hope she can get into the draw. She will have to keep her best form because Daniela is accumumating easy points now and may overpass her.

Old Sep 19th, 2007, 02:41 PM   #37
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
Weird loss , it seems that she really struggles with matches she should easily win.
When Marion plays there are no hard opponents, and no easy opponents, just.. opponents. She is capable of beating the best, and losing to the least... never a dull moment!
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 02:55 PM   #38

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Well, from what I understand, Marion hasn't worked enough for this tournament. Being a top 10 mustn't change her way of preparing the events. If she is there, it is thanks to a hard work. I can't believe that she got surprised by the surface, she has surely experienced it with trainings, right ?

Luxembourg should be a faster surface I think, I hope she can get into the draw. She will have to keep her best form because Daniela is accumumating easy points now and may overpass her.
From what I have read from online news reports and gleaned from the guys at tennis palace... The speed of the court appears to have been a factor.

It would be better if we could hear what Marion herself says about what happened.
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #39
country flag sharapovarulz1
She came to play.......

sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute sharapovarulz1 has a reputation beyond repute

I am guessing there are no after match interviews of Marion then?

Official Right Midfielder Of The Sveta Football Team
sharapovarulz1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2007, 11:35 PM   #40

dunno babe
Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 09:10 AM   #41
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Ok, so Marion is for sure in Luxembourg MD, she has been added in the field while Dechy secured the last WC.
Here are the other contenders:

1. Ana Ivanovic (H2H 0-2)
2. Anna Chakvetadze (H2H 0-0)
3. Nadia Petrova (H2H 2-1)
4. Daniela Hantuchova (H2H 1-2)
5. MARION BARTOLI
6. Patty Schnyder (H2H 1-3)
7. Shahar Peer (H2H 1-5)
8. Tatiana Golovin (H2H 1-0)
9. Sybille Bammer (H2H 1-1)
10. Lucie Safarova (H2H 1-0)
11. Alona Bondarenko (H2H 0-0)
12. Francesca Schiavone (H2H 0-1)
13. Vera Zvonareva (H2H 1-4)
14. Agnieszka Radwanska (H2H 0-0)
15. Michaella Krajicek (H2H 2-0)
16. Viktoria Azarenka (H2H 0-1)
17. Emilie Loit (H2H 2-2)
18. Tamira Paszek (H2H 0-0)
19. Meghann Shaughnessy (H2H 2-1)
20. Meilen Tu (H2H 1-1)
21. Elena Bovina (H2H 0-1)
22. Sorana Cirstea (H2H 0-0)
23. Nathalie Dechy (H2H 1-1)
24. Anne Kremer (H2H 0-0)

+ 4 Q/ 4 BYE.

Actually, I am afraid of most of the girls here ... There is no one Marion cannot beat, but she can clearly be beaten by anybody here. I hope she has a clement opponent to begin. I don't know how confident she will be when entering the court ... Everything depends on her.

Good luck Marion!

Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:32 PM   #42
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Luxembourg draw has been revealed today: not a great draw like Hantuchova but not a bad one either.

Anna Chakvetadze (1) vs BYE
Meilen Tu vs Julia Vakulenko
Sybille Bammer vs Tamira Paszek
Alona Bondarenko vs Marion Bartoli (5)

Daniela Hantuchova (4) vs BYE
Meghann Shaughnessy vs Q
Emilie Loit vs Q
Q vs Patty Schnyder (6)

Good luck Marion, go as far as possible and above all farther than Daniela!

Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:34 PM   #43
country flag Iceland
From island to island

I expect Alona to be tense as she is the title defender in Luxembourg. Marion has to put her under pressure!

Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 10:30 PM   #44
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Luxembourg draw has been revealed today: not a great draw like Hantuchova but not a bad one either.

Anna Chakvetadze (1) vs BYE
Meilen Tu vs Julia Vakulenko
Sybille Bammer vs Tamira Paszek
Alona Bondarenko vs Marion Bartoli (5)

Daniela Hantuchova (4) vs BYE
Meghann Shaughnessy vs Q
Emilie Loit vs Q
Q vs Patty Schnyder (6)

Good luck Marion, go as far as possible and above all farther than Daniela!
You're on the money in mentioning Daniela,in my opinion;I have a hunch,FAR from scientific,that Serena may blow off the YEC.It's NOT that Marion's incapable of overtaking her or others,but it certainly clears things up if that 'free' spot comes open.SW seems to have very sporadic motivation this year,and she might not be willing to make much effort after having her ego humiliated by Henin.Also,the smaller YEC field makes it that much more likely that the sisters will have to face each other early on for a place in the semis,and that tends to disturb both of them.

That leaves Hantuchova...like Marion she's quite inconsistent,but I'll give our girl the nod for greater intensity.If she can stay close to her best most of the way,then she SHOULD wind up higher than Daniela in the standings.
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 10:25 AM   #45

That is a possibility. But i'm sure Marion will be aiming to qualify off her own back, not through withdrawals.

She shouldnt be intimidated by the FORTIS field. In a way i'm glad she is playing top 20 players. I know she can beat them. At least with FORTIS she know's the calibre, the players, she knows where the ground lies. Unlike banana skins such as Vania King and Sunfeast!

Last edited by Super_Marion : Sep 23rd, 2007 at 01:11 PM.
Super_Marion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote