US open! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 30th, 2007, 09:43 PM   #31
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US open!

anyway, it is pathetic to watch her losing matches which she should win. That is a reason why I prefer Maja Matevzic more . Bratislava 2002 was just amazing to watch
Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2007, 01:02 AM   #32
country flag AJZ.

AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute

Kata Stuff happens...

third on tomorrow against krajicek&radwanska, please repeat the win

Mary, glad you got to see the doubles match Are you going back?

Ai Sugiyama. Jie Zheng. Zi Yan. Tamira Paszek.
Yaroslava Shvedova. Nuria&MariaJose. Yung-Jan Chan. Elena Vesnina. Flavia Pennetta.
AJZ. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 10:52 AM   #33
country flag Highlandman

Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloKid View Post
True, but it'll only help her in her doubles career. She's becoming more and more of an expert. But I do have my doubts, because she never seems to learn anything from her defeats, if she had then I don't know if we would've seen matches like against Davenport last year or Dementieva or Peer this year.
Agree.

I also don't like the fact for her that so many losses had such a clear scoreline (2-6,0-6 vs Golovin, 0-6,1-6 vs Li, 2-6,0-6 vs Jankovic or all these 2-6,3-6 against players like Malek, Vesnina ....)

She could (!) so easy enter to Top-15 but obviously she doesnt want any improvement.

25-21 now in 2007. Was already better.

Maybe and I hope she learns from this loss, but obviously this hope is since a long time.
Venus Williams - My #1 forever.
Angelika Roesch & Andrea Petkovic & Mona Barthel
Victoria Azarenka & Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Anna Tatishvili & Jelena Dokic
Highlandman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 11:54 AM   #34
country flag Keaka

Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlandman View Post
Agree.

I also don't like the fact for her that so many losses had such a clear scoreline (2-6,0-6 vs Golovin, 0-6,1-6 vs Li, 2-6,0-6 vs Jankovic or all these 2-6,3-6 against players like Malek, Vesnina ....)

She could (!) so easy enter to Top-15 but obviously she doesnt want any improvement.

25-21 now in 2007. Was already better.

Maybe and I hope she learns from this loss, but obviously this hope is since a long time.
The 06 16, 26 06, 26 36 losses aren't as awful.

She was in an awful form that time, I watched live feed against Golovin - she wasn't happy with herself AT ALL, I saw her very mad for the first time (except when she said picka matrna against Dementieva in Stuttgart. )

She could enter top 15 easily, I totally agree. But I think her personality is the one that stops her from doing better on the tour. She just wants to be "real" in every interview and she says her normal results should be 2-3rd rounds at GS's and 2nd rounds at the bigger tournaments, where she's not seeded. That's an awful attitude. She just doesn't want to believe that she can make top 15 and that's preventing her from it. That's in her personality, she can change it, but hardly.

That's why its refreshing to have Klepac, who right now hasn't got any barriers, or any kind of mental weaknesses.
Keaka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 01:07 PM   #35
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.Like.Tennis View Post

She was in an awful form that time, I watched live feed against Golovin - she wasn't happy with herself AT ALL, I saw her very mad for the first time (except when she said picka matrna against Dementieva in Stuttgart. )

She could enter top 15 easily, I totally agree. But I think her personality is the one that stops her from doing better on the tour. She just wants to be "real" in every interview and she says her normal results should be 2-3rd rounds at GS's and 2nd rounds at the bigger tournaments, where she's not seeded. That's an awful attitude. She just doesn't want to believe that she can make top 15 and that's preventing her from it. That's in her personality, she can change it, but hardly.

That's why its refreshing to have Klepac, who right now hasn't got any barriers, or any kind of mental weaknesses.

When they were playing fed cup match against Serbia, Andreja said she can beat Jelena Janković. . Andreja is for sure much more optimistic than Kata.
Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 01:25 PM   #36
country flag SloKid
The long and winding road.

SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute

Kata said after the match that it wasn't her day, Kirilenko was excellent and that she didn't have the right feel for the ball, she didn't feel 100%, she lacked the real energy needed to beat a quality opponent like that, without it you can't expect to win.

What a great moment to lack energy for a win, a friggin' grand slam.
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 02:34 PM   #37
country flag Highlandman

Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.Like.Tennis View Post

Uhm, I think that kind of result is always awful for a player like Kata I see her normally as better than Golovin - in this season she definitely had no big highlight so far - and BTW: what means this sentence she said in Stuttgart?

I can agree. It is always said when players with such a talent have an attitude like that. When she is again on a good way she loses again to lower ranked players like last year Suchá or this year Vesnina, .... - but when she really doesn't change anything it will be even hard for her to re-enter in Top-20.

Yeah, Andreja is obviously a fighter. Sure, not the weapons like a Kata, but she tries to improve all the time and that's the good thing. She also plays a lot. Shows how important it is for her. When I met her for a short time in 2006 Stuttgart, she was very cool. Her win against Tu was just .
Venus Williams - My #1 forever.
Angelika Roesch & Andrea Petkovic & Mona Barthel
Victoria Azarenka & Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Anna Tatishvili & Jelena Dokic
Highlandman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 10:29 PM   #38
country flag AJZ.

AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute

They won against Aga&Misa 5-7 6-0 6-2
Keep it up, girls!! Win it

Yaroslava Shvedova. Nuria&MariaJose. Yung-Jan Chan. Elena Vesnina. Flavia Pennetta.
Old Sep 1st, 2007, 11:12 PM   #39
country flag maryc

maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute maryc has a reputation beyond repute

Against Molik...

and the 1st doubles match...

maryc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 01:56 AM   #40
country flag AJZ.

Cute pictures, thank you
Looked like there were a lot of people for the match
Definitely a good partnership.

Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 06:15 PM   #41
country flag SloKid

SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute

Kata and Ai beat King/Loit 6-3, 6-2, smooth.

Up next in the qf are either Garbin/Peer or Dechy/Safina. Kata reached the final last year with Dinara and lost to Dechy and Zvonareva, interesting to see Dinara and Dechy playing together this year.
Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 07:05 PM   #42
country flag Keaka

Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlandman View Post
Uhm, I think that kind of result is always awful for a player like Kata I see her normally as better than Golovin - in this season she definitely had no big highlight so far - and BTW: what means this sentence she said in Stuttgart?

I can agree. It is always said when players with such a talent have an attitude like that. When she is again on a good way she loses again to lower ranked players like last year Suchá or this year Vesnina, .... - but when she really doesn't change anything it will be even hard for her to re-enter in Top-20.

Yeah, Andreja is obviously a fighter. Sure, not the weapons like a Kata, but she tries to improve all the time and that's the good thing. She also plays a lot. Shows how important it is for her. When I met her for a short time in 2006 Stuttgart, she was very cool. Her win against Tu was just .
I looked in the SLO-ENG dictionary of curse words and it means "mother's ****"

Yeah, agree, she should face the truth and say, I am bad if I won't pass the 4R in a GS, I want to do this really bad, or maybe even winning it . And she would play better definetly, because there's a good frame in your mind then and you believe you are capable.

How could Jankovic become number 3? And she isn't more talented than Srebotnik.

Klepac has bigger weapons than Srebotnik Srebotnik doesn't have a big backhand, Klepac has forehand, backhand + serve and she moves or tries to move really well too. But she isn't as consistent and that hurts her.

Great doubles win

Last edited by Keaka : Sep 2nd, 2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 08:55 PM   #43
country flag SloKid

Szavay and Uhlirova beat Molik and Santangelo meaning that Kata and Ai will not only stay 4th after the USO, they'll also extend their advantage.
They also have a nice shot at being third after the USO, depends on how far Chan and Chuang go.
Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 09:27 PM   #44
country flag Keaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloKid View Post
Szavay and Uhlirova beat Molik and Santangelo meaning that Kata and Ai will not only stay 4th after the USO, they'll also extend their advantage.
They also have a nice shot at being third after the USO, depends on how far Chan and Chuang go.
Old Sep 2nd, 2007, 11:18 PM   #45
country flag AJZ.

I'm hoping for the dream final right now - YJ & CJ vs. Ai & Kata

The draw looks like this now:

(6) Peschke/Stubbs vs. (13) Morariu/Shaughnessy
(3) Ai&Kata vs. [Dechy/Safina or Garbin/Peer]
Szavay/Uhlirova vs. Foretz/Shvedova
(5) Chan/Chuang vs. (2) Raymond/Stosur

I really hope they can come up with the win here, it's doable, I really hope they can keep this up... it's only three matches, after all!