Is Mirza Forehand the best in women's tennis?! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 21st, 2007, 09:34 PM   #1
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute
Is Mirza Forehand the best in women's tennis?!

I've never seen a player hit a forehand with so much power and angle as Mirza hits. Wat do u people think?
LUVMIRZA is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 21st, 2007, 09:42 PM   #2
country flag VSandhi

VSandhi is just really nice VSandhi is just really nice VSandhi is just really nice VSandhi is just really nice VSandhi is just really nice VSandhi is just really nice VSandhi is just really nice VSandhi is just really nice VSandhi is just really nice VSandhi is just really nice VSandhi is just really nice
Re: Is Mirza Forehand the best in women's tennis?!

well i think its one of the best forehands when shes on form. but to class it as the best in womens tennis is an understatement. Not that she shouldnt have a classic forehand but she needs to show more consistency (top 10) to be regarded as one of the best players with an awesome forehand.
VSandhi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 09:54 PM   #3
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

Best? I wouldn't say that.

Most powerful/explosive? Absolutely.
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 10:00 PM   #4
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Why cant you say its the best? She may be inconsistent but certainly when it comes to forehand she has the best in the business. Whenever she's to play an oponent, their quotes will be 'HER HUGE FOREHAND'. I dont see players mention abt their opponents forehand.
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 10:02 PM   #5
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
Why cant you say its the best? She may be inconsistent but certainly when it comes to forehand she has the best in the business. Whenever she's to play an oponent, their quotes will be 'HER HUGE FOREHAND'. I dont see players mention abt their opponents forehand.
You answered your own question. There are players on tour who also have big forehands, but are more consistent with it.

That said, when Sania is confident and her game is on (which isn't always the case), her forehand is the best.
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 10:02 PM   #6
country flag shibi

shibi is a name known to all shibi is a name known to all shibi is a name known to all shibi is a name known to all shibi is a name known to all shibi is a name known to all shibi is a name known to all shibi is a name known to all shibi is a name known to all shibi is a name known to all shibi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSandhi View Post
but to class it as the best in womens tennis is an understatement.
Did you mean overstatement?
shibi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 01:38 AM   #7
country flag saniamania

saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light

Hingis and her recent opponents seemed to agree her forehand is great. The thing luvmirza seems is talking aboout her opponents talking about her huge forehand each time needs to be weighed against a lot of other factors.

Some players like Serena Williams might have a better forehand than Sania, but they also have other weapons as well (like serve, for example) of which their opponents are wary of even more, and hence do not bring the forehand in conversations so much before or after the matches. When playing Sania, on the other hand, her opponents fear only her forehand. I am not saying her backhand etc. is bad, but simply that they are not something her opponents will lose their sleep.
saniamania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 02:05 AM   #8
country flag LUVMIRZA

Serena's fore hand is her Achilles heel. Actually I am not talking about the match winning factors, talking only about the forehand. Thats something awesome Sania proudly owns.
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 03:48 AM   #9
country flag rocksania

rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold rocksania is a splendid one to behold

hey luvmirza,this is a very subjective topic some people will agree to that and some wont.
The fact is wen i saw her FH ,i could not blv how harder she hits them how much thrashing she gives,i was stunned and so are most of the opponents wen the FH is right.Wen its inside the lines its really a express shot for most players.

Women's tennis has even bigger FH in the game then Sania's definetely,but no one has a more explosive Fh than Sania's,many will agree to it,she gives it a pounding.

She once said on a televison show that all wat she was asked n told by his parents from her tender ages till now is to hit the ball as hard as she can and not worry abt being in our out of the court,she is playing this way from her teens so its really bombastic but nothing best abt it.It will be only best once she defeats the powerful players on tour like Ana,Serena,Maria who have controlled FH's than sania's.

♥ ♥♥ ♥ Sania ♥ ♥♥ ♥
rocksania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 12:00 PM   #10
country flag azhkz

azhkz is a name known to all azhkz is a name known to all azhkz is a name known to all azhkz is a name known to all azhkz is a name known to all azhkz is a name known to all azhkz is a name known to all azhkz is a name known to all azhkz is a name known to all azhkz is a name known to all azhkz is a name known to all

Sania's Forehand is the most explosive/dangerous/powerful one! The angles which she creates with that shot without cutting down the pace on the ball is something amazing and not possible even for the top players out there.

Go Mirza Go! You Rock Girl!!1
azhkz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 04:46 PM   #11
country flag LUVMIRZA

Hey Tahnks. You are absolutely correct. And 'WhattheDeuce' - had said when her Forehand is On, its the best.
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:19 PM   #12
country flag microgoogle

microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all

consistency is the keyword here....

BTW this topic could have been discussed in the "sania mirza's place" thread itself...seperate thread wasn't necessary...
microgoogle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2007, 06:23 PM   #13
country flag LUVMIRZA

Her Forehand deserves a NEW THREAD. Also u culd have talked about tht too
Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:54 AM   #14
country flag microgoogle

microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all microgoogle is a name known to all

Quote:
Her Forehand deserves a NEW THREAD. Also u culd have talked about tht too
if u think u r the first one to talk about it or create a new thread to discuss about it, u r wrong...it has been done many times before..even in GM section...i have nothing against it...i am just saying there is no need to create a new thread...bcoz at this rate there will be chaos if everyone starts creating his own thread here...
microgoogle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:45 AM   #15
country flag saniamania

saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light saniamania is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Serena's fore hand is her Achilles heel. Actually I am not talking about the match winning factors, talking only about the forehand. Thats something awesome Sania proudly owns.
Please try to understand what I am saying before starting this argument. I said "might" be, and I was just giving an example as to the fact that just because her opponents talk a lot about her forehand does not make it the best forehand . I am also talking only about the forehand here.

Leander Paes' opponents always talked before matches against him about his good net play/volleys right from the early nineties, but that does not mean he ever had the best volleys in men's tennis. The fact is it was the only thing his opponents feared, and hence talked about.
saniamania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote