The Suicide Locker Room. - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 6th, 2007, 11:49 AM   #16
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Suicide Locker Room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
We need to finalize rules for this potential Suicide doubles game. Any ideas? You seem very eager to have such a game. Come up with the foundation.
Well, we need to make Ranking Points, And someone who could make the Rankings() I think it would be the "Game of Upsets" Because of Super-TB and There are also sometimes 1-2 Doubles Matches/Day so it will be very tough to win.

I was also thinking About Playing Suicide at 75K Denain for the one's who are out of USO Open after the 1st Week? ( Just Following TT )
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 9th, 2007, 04:11 AM   #17
country flag LudwigDvorak
Rainbowingis.

LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute

I also wanted some clarification about BUs. Two people have complained about my choice of back-ups as they were the opponents of my main pick, and I was wondering if there was a specific rule on that? In The Zone said it was fine but I was wondering if that could be clarified in the rules or some mention was made either way, something.
LudwigDvorak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2007, 04:29 AM   #18
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudwigDvorak View Post
I also wanted some clarification about BUs. Two people have complained about my choice of back-ups as they were the opponents of my main pick, and I was wondering if there was a specific rule on that? In The Zone said it was fine but I was wondering if that could be clarified in the rules or some mention was made either way, something.
I actually misinformed you. I thought I could have sworn an instance where someone withdrew and someone who took the opponent who received the walkover was given a victory. Apparently, this was not the case. If Hantuchova is playing Dementieva, and Hantuchova withdraws, the people who chose Dementieva as a pick will not count and their backup will be used. So as I know, you do your pick's opponent but now, this would not work. Sorry for the confusion. I could have sworn I saw this used but apparently I was wrong.

Walkovers do not count in any form. Whether it be for you or against you.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 12:47 AM   #19
country flag LudwigDvorak
Rainbowingis.

LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute LudwigDvorak has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, so...

if I had picked Dementieva for Day04, and my BU was Hantuchova, since Hantuchova retired my pick would be rendered obsolete? If that's the case, that makes no sense, Dementieva still won. It's like not counting her victory over Hantuchova as a real one. Now, if you meant that if someone chose Hantuchova and had Dementieva as a BU...then I'd understand.

I'm mildly confused.
LudwigDvorak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2007, 04:51 PM   #20
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudwigDvorak View Post
Wait, so...

if I had picked Dementieva for Day04, and my BU was Hantuchova, since Hantuchova retired my pick would be rendered obsolete? If that's the case, that makes no sense, Dementieva still won. It's like not counting her victory over Hantuchova as a real one. Now, if you meant that if someone chose Hantuchova and had Dementieva as a BU...then I'd understand.

I'm mildly confused.
Retirements do count as completed matches, your BU is used ONLY if a player withdraws from the tournament OR gives a WO. You're through to day 5 with Dementieva. Though you're BU pick was wrong, since in case of a WO, you'd be put without a pick Dementieva-Hantuchova match picks wouldnt count at all
Old Aug 11th, 2007, 06:00 PM   #21
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to see Suicide FED CUP. Any ideas on how to run it? The old setup for Suicide Fed Cup was not successful.
Old Aug 11th, 2007, 06:49 PM   #22
Petkorazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
I would like to see Suicide FED CUP. Any ideas on how to run it? The old setup for Suicide Fed Cup was not successful.
How was it before? I think an amount of players must represent the countries, and the Captain must make a pick in colaboration with the team, and if the pick of a team is wrong, they lose
Old Aug 11th, 2007, 08:08 PM   #23
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

What about something like...

A certain amount of countries having a Fed Cup Squad (like 4 players) and each player PMing 1 player each day from the Fed Cup OOP... and whichever team has the most survivors moves on to the next round (or better TB if the case may be)
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2007, 02:40 PM   #24
country flag ~CANUCK~
This is my fancy user title

~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH0861 View Post
What about something like...

A certain amount of countries having a Fed Cup Squad (like 4 players) and each player PMing 1 player each day from the Fed Cup OOP... and whichever team has the most survivors moves on to the next round (or better TB if the case may be)
The problem with that is you will very likely end up with a lot of ties. We could also do it like real fed cup style in that you are scheduled to face a certain player. Say Canada VS USA

Me and you are scheduled as the first singles match for our respective countries. We would each have to send a PM to the manager of the fed cup thread.

Now I was thinking we could do this in one of two ways. The first being, the manager of fed cup will pick 5 matches that each player would have to make a pick from. The manager will also chose in which order the picks will be used.

For example:
1) Dani vs Kim
2) Venus vs Patty
3) Maria vs Peng
4) Serena vs Martina
5) Nadia vs Na

So each player must pick a winner for each match. The way the winner of the match will be decided will be whoever survives the longest. If we both get match one correct, we go to match 2, if I picked wrong and died, and you correctly picked you would win the tie for USA even if the rest of your picks were wrong.

The second option would be, instead of having the manager pick 5 matches, each player could chose their own 5 matches and PM the manager in the order in which they want to be used.
~CANUCK~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2007, 08:22 PM   #25
country flag twight6

twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a question!

When you count up total games lost, do the matches lost count towards their total?

Example:

2 players left, both lose on day 6
before day 6:
Player A: 20 games lost
Player B: 25 games lost

Day 06:
Player A: player loses, loses 18 games
Player B: player loses, loses 12 games

New totals:
Player A: 38
Player B: 37

If the games lost from match lost counts, Player B would win. IF you don't o**** the match lost towards game total, Player A would win.

...then I realized how much I suck.
I used to update this signature, once in a while...
...then I realized no one actually reads it.
twight6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2007, 12:22 PM   #26
country flag ~CANUCK~
This is my fancy user title

~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Lindsay View Post
I have a question!

When you count up total games lost, do the matches lost count towards their total?

Example:

2 players left, both lose on day 6
before day 6:
Player A: 20 games lost
Player B: 25 games lost

Day 06:
Player A: player loses, loses 18 games
Player B: player loses, loses 12 games

New totals:
Player A: 38
Player B: 37

If the games lost from match lost counts, Player B would win. IF you don't o**** the match lost towards game total, Player A would win.

Yes unfortunately they do count. I still think this rule is terrible, because player A made a closer match then player B, yet the person that picked player B wins.
~CANUCK~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2007, 06:40 PM   #27
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CANUCK~ View Post
Yes unfortunately they do count. I still think this rule is terrible, because player A made a closer match then player B, yet the person that picked player B wins.
When something similar happened at Palermo, when everyone lost Day 1, I used my own discretion and gave runnerup to the most who WON the most games because only one person made Day 2 and I needed a runnerup. Someone picking someone who loses 6-0, 6-0 shouldn't get it over someone who loses 6-7, 7-6, 7-6. I think this rule needs to be changed where if a losing pick needs to be counted to determine a winner, these matches do not count but only if tied after the other picks. From there, whoever won more games wins.
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 02:07 AM   #28
country flag twight6

twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute twight6 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CANUCK~ View Post
My biggest problem with the rule is when someone doesn't make a pick.

Player A and B are the only 2 left on DAY03... so Player A picks a player and she loses 12 games. player B fails to make a pick, so he oges down as losing 0? Is it right that he would still have fewer games lost? or does he lose because he didn't make a pick?
...then I realized how much I suck.
I used to update this signature, once in a while...
...then I realized no one actually reads it.
twight6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 06:37 AM   #29
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Lindsay View Post
My biggest problem with the rule is when someone doesn't make a pick.

Player A and B are the only 2 left on DAY03... so Player A picks a player and she loses 12 games. player B fails to make a pick, so he oges down as losing 0? Is it right that he would still have fewer games lost? or does he lose because he didn't make a pick?
He would lose for making no such pick.
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 08:56 PM   #30
Petkorazzi

Guyz, I have a problem .. Chris84 and HenryMag have made the same picks throughout the whole week, there are 2 dif in their BUs .. I haevnt really followed the discussions ehre during the last months, so I count the nr of games lost by BU Picks or the one who posted 1st wins?