Most Points Won In A Row. - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 03:17 PM   #16
country flag jeanmi18

jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light jeanmi18 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Most Points Won In A Row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip-And-Happenin View Post
What is the most amount of points a player has won consecutively?

Angela Haynes won the first 21 points of her match against Carly Gullickson not too long ago.
Anyone have any others?

In Amelia Island in 82, Chris Evert won more than 20 points in a row against Andrea Jaeger (I do not remember exactly whether it was 21 or 25)
jeanmi18 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 10:23 PM   #17
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute

Majo Argeri

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
.Podoroska.Bonardi.HaddadMaia.PerezRojas.Gonzalez.
*Furlanetto*Goncalves*Pigossi*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 09:54 PM   #18
country flag XTN

XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know the exact details but I believe Steffi Graf almost won a golden set as well against Zina Garrison Jackson one time. 5-0 before losing a point, so that was at least 20 straight points.
XTN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 11:48 PM   #19
country flag Thanx4nothin

Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute

Serena won 14 point sin a row against Kim at Miami, not a huge amount but against Kim, pretty noteable. I remember Mauresmo playing someone, can't remember who, but she was 5-6 down and she won the game to love, 4 pts, then the tiebreak to love = 7 + 4 (lol) = 11 points, then she won the first 4 games to love in the third = 16 + 11 = 27 points, i was quite impressed, i remember watching it in the dark of night on Eurosport 2, i only stayed up because when i checked the score she lost the first set 6-3 and was down 2-5, anyone help with the match?
I think with her serve and her athleticism, her power, her court mobility, I just think when she’s on, she’s the greatest player we’ve ever seen, ever. Now, whether her record is the greatest remains to be seen because she hasn’t retired yet. But I think she is really the greatest player. I have seen Martina and Steffi at their best. There are little chinks in those players’ armor, but it was a different era, where you didn’t need to be the perfect player.
Chris Evert
Thanx4nothin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #20
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW--Serenafan View Post
Serena won 14 point sin a row against Kim at Miami, not a huge amount but against Kim, pretty noteable. I remember Mauresmo playing someone, can't remember who, but she was 5-6 down and she won the game to love, 4 pts, then the tiebreak to love = 7 + 4 (lol) = 11 points, then she won the first 4 games to love in the third = 16 + 11 = 27 points, i was quite impressed, i remember watching it in the dark of night on Eurosport 2, i only stayed up because when i checked the score she lost the first set 6-3 and was down 2-5, anyone help with the match?
I checked Momos results in the last 2-3 years, and couldnt find anything simmilar .. Furhtermore, I couldnt find any tiebreak she won to 0 in which year was this/
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 01:04 AM   #21
country flag Tennace

Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute Tennace has a reputation beyond repute

Heres a score for Mauresmo against Kuti Kis in 1999 in Bratislava but the score was wierd on wtatour.com so I wasnt sure if maybe this was it. It said...

Mauresmo def Kuti Kis Round 1 3-6 6-3(0) 6-7(0)

The only other love tiebreak I found between 1997 and 2006 (i didnt bother checking this year) was against Benesova but she lost it.

Dokic - Hantuchova - Zakopalova - Minella - Szavay - Bammer - Safarova
Stanciute - Panova - Gubacsi - Cibulkova - Cirstea - Hofmanova - Cetkovska

Official Limo Driver of Don't Knock the Dok
Tennace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 07:48 AM   #22
country flag krystlel

krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all krystlel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
Yarloslava Shvedova was up 5-0 40-0 in the first set against Amy Frazier in Memphis 2006 before she lost a point, so that's 23 points in a row . Shockingly, Frazier won the match 1-6 6-0 6-0 (I'm not kidding).
Wow, one of the craziest matches ever scoreline-wise.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 11:53 AM   #23
country flag Pie800

Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future Pie800 has a brilliant future

woah! that's pretty amazing! sheeshy 5-0 40-0! i'd be feelin on top of the world lol
well done to frazier for turning it around!!
Pie800 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 01:51 PM   #24
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
Yarloslava Shvedova was up 5-0 40-0 in the first set against Amy Frazier in Memphis 2006 before she lost a point, so that's 23 points in a row . Shockingly, Frazier won the match 1-6 6-0 6-0 (I'm not kidding).

Here is the article I found:

Frazier in Turn-Around Wednesday at WTA Memphis

All five seeds in action advanced unscathed into the quarterfinals Wednesday at the WTA stop in Memphis in (3) Sofia Arvidsson (d. Raymond), (4) Laura Granville (d. Perebiynis), (6) Marta Domachowska (d. Sucha), (7) Amy Frazier (d. Shvedova, bageling the last two sets), and (8) Jill Craybas (d. (Q) Yuan).

In her victory the American Frazier didn't win a point until down 0-5, 0-40 in the first set.

"I've lost sets 6-0 before, but I was definitely on the verge of not getting a point," said Frazier, who will next face Shenay Perry. "She was playing unbelievable. I couldn't get into a point. She had six or seven aces and hit six or seven winners off my serve. If I got the ball back to her, she hit a winner. Once I was able to get into the points, I was able to get going."

Link: http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2006-02-23/d.php
Lmao. Wtf

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 01:54 PM   #25
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennace View Post
Heres a score for Mauresmo against Kuti Kis in 1999 in Bratislava but the score was wierd on wtatour.com so I wasnt sure if maybe this was it. It said...

Mauresmo def Kuti Kis Round 1 3-6 6-3(0) 6-7(0)

The only other love tiebreak I found between 1997 and 2006 (i didnt bother checking this year) was against Benesova but she lost it.
Sharapova - Golovin 2006 US Open had a love tiebreak.

My Youtube Channel
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 04:58 PM   #26
Demska
Miss Resilient

Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute Demska has a reputation beyond repute

Kuznetsova won 14 points in a row against Serena W. at Stuttgart 2007 QFS
Demska is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 07:28 PM   #27
country flag Lunaris
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute

Hantuchova won 17 points straight against Kirilenko at this year's Australian Open.
Lunaris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 08:31 AM   #28
country flag Renalicious
goatra

I think Golovin won something like 18 points in a row against Muller at Stuttgart last year?

My Youtube Channel
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #29
country flag All Lena

All Lena is a glorious beacon of light All Lena is a glorious beacon of light All Lena is a glorious beacon of light All Lena is a glorious beacon of light All Lena is a glorious beacon of light All Lena is a glorious beacon of light All Lena is a glorious beacon of light All Lena is a glorious beacon of light All Lena is a glorious beacon of light All Lena is a glorious beacon of light All Lena is a glorious beacon of light

This thread needs new answers by Shvedova.
All Lena is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #30
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

She won at least 24. How many did she win to start the second?
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote