NCAA Team Championships Final - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 22nd, 2007, 06:37 PM   #1
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute
NCAA Team Championships Final

Discuss the final between Georgia Tech and UCLA here in the new College Tennis Forum
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2007, 06:46 PM   #2
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NCAA Team Championships Final

Does College tennis have any site or sth?
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2007, 06:52 PM   #3
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiberi View Post
Does College tennis have any site or sth?
Here is the most comprehensive one, with rankings, records, etc.: http://www.collegetennisonline.com/

Here is the website for the championships:
http://www.georgiadogs.com/ViewArtic...CRIBER_CONTENT=
Old May 22nd, 2007, 10:00 PM   #4
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread tucker1989

The first link that you give us is great
I was searching and i found Estefania Balda from Ecuador, who was a great junior player and have some decent results in the ITF circuit.She is playing here:ekk: in the first division. She has good results representing Clemson University.
Her win/loss record in singles of this season is 16-8.

Paula Zabala(COL) is also playing in the NCAA.

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
.Podoroska.Bonardi.HaddadMaia.PerezRojas.Gonzalez.
*Furlanetto*Goncalves*Pigossi*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 01:53 AM   #5
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

I saw these last match of these on ESPN2. It was interesting (I'd never watched college tennis before). More interesting was the fact that Mal Washington was the commentator for ESPN. Where has he been?

Also, the UCLA coach, Stella Sampras Webster--how is she related to Pete?
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2007, 03:37 AM   #6
country flag tucker1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
I saw these last match of these on ESPN2. It was interesting (I'd never watched college tennis before). More interesting was the fact that Mal Washington was the commentator for ESPN. Where has he been?

Also, the UCLA coach, Stella Sampras Webster--how is she related to Pete?
Stella is Pete's older sister
Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 10:15 PM   #7
country flag IMPOSSIBLE
. . .

IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute IMPOSSIBLE has a reputation beyond repute

Anna-Viktoria Lind
Woohoo ! She plays for UCLA, and has a great record ! She is very pretty and Swedish
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 02:10 PM   #8
country flag HanaFanGA

HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold

The team finals in Athens was a great day for me. First, I got to watch my team, the Georgia Bulldogs win the men's title. And then we hung around to watch our rivals the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets win the ladies title. So it was a great night for the Peach State.

Considering how big of an underdog UCLA was, I was very impressed with them. I had seen some of an earlier match they had that week and they really peaked at the right time. Kudos to Stella for doing an excellent job of "coaching up" her team while in Athens.

GT wasn't the strongest team in doubles so it wasn't a major surprise to see them lose the doubles point. The whole match was close throughout with UCLA always having a lead right until the end. I can't remember the players' names but the match turned on Court 5 when the UCLA player got sick on court while leading early in the 3rd set. I wasn't sure if it was heat exhaustion or not. But play had to be stopped for about 20 minutes to clean up where she got sick. The GT player jumped on that opportunity and won that match going away in the 3rd, though the UCLA player gamely fought on. Pete would've been proud of the effort.

Once it appeared that the match would hinge on the outcome on court 2, people pretty much knew that GT would win the title. GT's #2 player was very solid and had clinched for them several times that week already. The UCLA player was tough. But you always got the feeling that she wouldn't be able to pull through when it counted. She also had the GT fans in the crowd on her as several close calls went her way.

Overall, it was very entertaining tennis. Congrats to former touring pro and GT player Bryan Shelton for building a nice womens program in Atlanta. I'm sure there will be lots of great matches between the Lady Dawgs and the Lady Jackets in the years to come.
Old Jul 29th, 2007, 05:13 PM   #9
country flag Yelsey

Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice

Yeah, UCLA gave us a run for the money... it's too bad they couldn't pull it off against Gtech though!
Yelsey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 11:04 PM   #10
tennis_pIayer

tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all

Hey Yelsey, congrats on your team's performance.

What did you guys think of your pac-10 competition this year, like Cal. SC. UCLA? like which team do you guys worry about playing the most, which players are you guys as a team impressed by? What do you think holds for next year in the pac10?
tennis_pIayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 01:12 AM   #11
country flag Yelsey

Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice Yelsey is just really nice

Thanks tennis player!

I think our matches are definitely a lot closer that what people might think and that's evident from the NCAAs this year, although we definitely played better during Pac-10... we've always been ready for competition from SC and UCLA - both are really feisty teams this year! there's not one team we worry playing most because i think we work really well as a team. if we take care of our matches, then i think the team results speak for themselves. i think next year we have great additions to the team with carolyn and jennifer, so i'll be on the lookout for them... the competition for Pac-10 will be more interesting, we'll see!
Yelsey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote