Internazionali BNL d'Italia - Rome, Italy - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 13th, 2007, 10:09 PM   #1
country flag Keaka

Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute
Internazionali BNL d'Italia - Rome, Italy

Internazionali BNL d'Italia

The BNL Italian international is the last tournament for Srebotnik before Roland Garros.This week, she might well get a new force working, on Monday, she will be in the top 20, all though she's not in top form.With all the new Slovenian generations coming, 3 players being in top 20 she might even reconsider playing Fed Cup.All that is new this week.The draw for Internazionali BNL d'Italia was out Saturday; really don't know what to think.For sure, I think Srebotnik is a pretty more quality player than Muller, who's a good tier III player, even played many challengers last year...but Tu is also a good tier III player, but defeated Srebotnik.Srebotnik isn't the nervous type of player-doesn't rush, and it will be very important, cause Muller plays a lot of moony balls.Another plus for Srebotnik, from what I can see, she doesn't lose 3 matches in a row many times, after losing 2 matches, she wants it even more.And lastly, her form isn't that bad.Had a bad week last week, but everybody has bad weeks.And Muller doesn't have Tu's experiences & power I think.The only thing that has mistaken me about Srebotnik were all the bagels.Well, we'll see on Tuesday.

Last year:

1R Alicia Molik 62 60
2R Ekaterina Bychkova 36 63 62
2R Jelena Jankovic 67 (7) 16

Points defending:

This year:

1R: Martina Muller

2R: A. Medina Garrigues/J. Zheng

My prediction:

1R:Martina Muller 2-0 (H2H 1:0)
2R:AMG 2-1
3R:Nicole Vaidisova 0-2
Keaka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2007, 01:01 AM   #2
country flag AJZ.

AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Internazionali BNL d'Italia - Rome, Italy

Ai and Kata's draw:

(6) M. Garrigues/R. Pascual vs. Benesova/Voskoboeva
Muller/Navratilova vs. Daniilidou/Woehr
Garbin/Vinci vs. Loit/Pratt
(4) Ai/Kata - BYE

Not bad, hope they make a run at it!

Ai Sugiyama. Jie Zheng. Zi Yan. Tamira Paszek.
Yaroslava Shvedova. Nuria&MariaJose. Yung-Jan Chan. Elena Vesnina. Flavia Pennetta.
AJZ. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 01:30 PM   #3
country flag Keaka

Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcanicRain View Post
Ai and Kata's draw:

(6) M. Garrigues/R. Pascual vs. Benesova/Voskoboeva
Muller/Navratilova vs. Daniilidou/Woehr
Garbin/Vinci vs. Loit/Pratt
(4) Ai/Kata - BYE

Not bad, hope they make a run at it!
Good draw They have confidence as a team after last weeks double (triple) bagel
Old May 15th, 2007, 01:22 AM   #4
country flag AJZ.

AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute AJZ. has a reputation beyond repute

LOL @ Triple bagel
Hopefully they can only go up
Benesova/Voskoboeva beat the sixth seeds, so their draw opened up even more...
Their second round opponents will be Garbin/Vinci, on Wednesday (Ai has to play two matches on Wednesday... So I hope she's fit enough to win both!!)

Yaroslava Shvedova. Nuria&MariaJose. Yung-Jan Chan. Elena Vesnina. Flavia Pennetta.
Old May 15th, 2007, 05:30 PM   #5
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

the Italians will be tough tomorrow but hopefully they can win easily

Kata ousted Muller 64 62 very good win - I hope she goes on like that and reaches at least round 3.

Good luck !

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 07:46 PM   #6
country flag Keaka

Katarina will probably play Medina Garrigues in 2nd round.

And for 3rd round; Vaidisova withdrawed, what leaves Srebotnik as the biggest seed in her 1/8 of the draw.She really doesn't have that tough of a draw
Old May 18th, 2007, 08:11 PM   #7
country flag AJZ.

nice article about Ai and Kata on wtatour.com
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1...ContentID=1354

Old May 19th, 2007, 10:40 PM   #8
country flag Keaka

I don't have the time to read all that

And just some good news, Katarina will stay in top 20 on Monday
Old May 21st, 2007, 09:31 PM   #9
country flag AJZ.

It's a good article nonetheless...
Ai's doubles ranking dipped from #12 to #20 - and after RG, it might dip down to the 50s if they don't do well.

I hope they get a top 8 seed with a combined ranking of 29...

And I hope they do well... I really do...

Old May 21st, 2007, 10:03 PM   #10
esdee

esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of esdee has much to be proud of

Quote:
Ai's doubles ranking dipped from #12 to #20 - and after RG, it might dip down to the 50s if they don't do well.

I think they just need to get a few more wins under their belt, the potential of this team is great. They both have a strong work ethic and are committed to both singles and doubles.
esdee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:21 PM   #11
country flag Keaka

Quote:

They'll do well for sure
Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:43 PM   #12
country flag AJZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.Like.Tennis View Post
They'll do well for sure
I like confidence but I can't help but be worried!

They just got two unlucky tiebreakers... 11-9 and 10-7.

They'll do well!! I believe ^^