***~Tennis Romania~*** - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 24th, 2007, 10:34 PM   #1
country flag danadruncea

danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all
***~Tennis Romania~***

Hello to every fan of Romanian tennis!
I'm a new member in this forum, I am Daniela so that you know and I'm from Romania - amazing country with many rising tennis players!
I saw that there's no subforum for Romanian players which is a shame but lots of topics for our girls... Which is really nice but I thought maybe it's also nice to make a thread where can we cheer for all the Romanian girls. I'm going to try to post some informations about Romanian girls as they come and I will also put results as much as possibly I can.
I hope you'll join me here any other Romanian people on the forum or other people who is fan of Romanian tennis
Greetings,
Daniela
danadruncea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 24th, 2007, 10:54 PM   #2
country flag danadruncea

danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all danadruncea is a name known to all
Our players!

We don't have anyone in top 100 just now but I'm hopeful it's soon going to change!

Our top 3 in detail!

WTA105 Edina Gallovits
She's born 1984... Had her highest ranking in this month this year. She's not going to be top player in the world I think but she can do well and she is making big improvements now in the playing
WTA164 Raluca-Ioana Olaru
Born 1989... I really believe Raluca has a great talent and she's going to be top 20 player soon! She's had some really good results this year not least in the Fed Cup. She is just needing to now improve consistency and I think we expect alot from her.
WTA170 Simona Matei
I don't know much about this player honestly... She is high ranking 145 and she had some good wins, I don't know how high can she be.

Romanian top 10 this week:

105 Gallovits Edina
164 Olaru Raluca-Ioana
170 Matei Simona
201 Perianu Anda
204 Niculescu Monica
211 Gojnea Mădălina
253 Mihalache Magda
261 Buzărnescu Mihaela
278 Szatmari Agnes
325 Cîrstea Sorana-Mihaela

Some facts for rest:

Mădălina Gojnea: She has good wins as junior, she didn't have the same succes on WTA yet but we can still hope

Magda Mihalache was Romanian no. 1 for a while, I don't think she can be again because the young girls are really good but she can be better than her present rank.

Monica Niculescu was good junior, what can she do now?

SORANA! Is really talented, won her first MD match on WTA this week... I think she's up there with the best 90s girls, so we can all hope for her.

I'll write more another time when I have more time
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 12:49 PM   #3
country flag danadruncea

Re: ***~Tennis Romania~***

Romanian players in action this week:

Sorana CIRSTEA - through to R2 of WTA Budapest, will play Martina MULLER in R2.
Raluca-Ioana OLARU - seed 7 in ITF 50K Torrent, faces Oxana Lyubtsova (Q) in R1. They have not played before.
Magda MIHALACHE - lost Qualifying R2 Budapest to CIRSTEA.
Anda PERIANU is unseeded in 50K Sea Island. She won R1 against Vanessa HENKE (which is ranked around 20 places above her), will face Michaela PASTIKOVA or Bethanie MATTEK in R2.
Edina GALLOVITS is 2nd seed on that competition, she will play first round against qualifier Salome DEVIDZE.
Anamaria-Alexandra SERE which is ranked WTA528 had a good competition in Cagnes-sur-la-mer 100K qualifying, she won to the 2nd round but then had to retire against Aurelie VEDY. Bad luck, hopefully next time better!

It's all my informations for today but many are still in competition so I will keep updating!
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 06:09 PM   #4
country flag danadruncea

Raluca wins 6-3 6-2
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 02:13 PM   #5
country flag Louis Cyphre

Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute

Sorana is in the semifinal

Българският форум за тенис
Louis Cyphre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 02:15 PM   #6

Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute Louis Cyphre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by danadruncea View Post
Hello to every fan of Romanian tennis!
I'm a new member in this forum, I am Daniela so that you know and I'm from Romania - amazing country with many rising tennis players!
I saw that there's no subforum for Romanian players which is a shame but lots of topics for our girls... Which is really nice but I thought maybe it's also nice to make a thread where can we cheer for all the Romanian girls. I'm going to try to post some informations about Romanian girls as they come and I will also put results as much as possibly I can.
I hope you'll join me here any other Romanian people on the forum or other people who is fan of Romanian tennis
Greetings,
Daniela

I have the feeling that after an year there will be a lot of Romanian girls in the top100 Good luck to all of them and please stop beating the Bulgarian girls in the junior tournaments

Old Apr 27th, 2007, 02:57 PM   #7
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome Daniela

remembers the days of Dragomir and Spirlea not to mention Catalina Cristea.

its a good time for Romanian tennis and there's a few others on the way in juniors also
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #8
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Mersi si Succes! O sa-ti placa la WTAWORLD, e naspa! Inscrie-te La niste Jocuri, unii sunt CHIAR tari
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 07:44 PM   #9
country flag danadruncea

Great week for our girls so far!!!!
Sorana is in Budapest SF winning against Daniilidou her QF today
Raluca is in SF also in Torrent 50K, she beat y'day Marta Marrero and today Iekaterina Makarova.
And we must not forget either the 2 Romanians who are this week in USA, Edina Gallovits and Anda Perianu who both reached QF... I think QF are played today later.
Such a good week for Romanian tennis, I hope they can all continue to inspire each other to go up and up
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 07:46 PM   #10
country flag danadruncea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avram Bakalina View Post

I have the feeling that after an year there will be a lot of Romanian girls in the top100 Good luck to all of them and please stop beating the Bulgarian girls in the junior tournaments
I can see Gallovits coming back to top-100 and I hope Sorana and Raluca will be there soon. Madalina Gojnea, well, we will see. I hope the success of her younger compatriots can make her hungry for more successes.
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 11:36 AM   #11
country flag Highlandman

Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute Highlandman has a reputation beyond repute

Edina has also an own thread I say welcome to all supporters

I'M A VERY,VERY BIG FAN OF EDINA
Venus Williams - My #1 forever.
Angelika Roesch & Andrea Petkovic & Mona Barthel
Victoria Azarenka & Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
Anna Tatishvili & Jelena Dokic
Highlandman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 02:26 PM   #12

Sorana is in the final
I hope it will be something like "First WTA tournament,first WTA title "

BTW I think its time for Romanian Sub-Forums

Old Apr 28th, 2007, 02:52 PM   #13
country flag jarkko

jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all jarkko is a name known to all

I like very much Monica Niculescu and Sorana Cirstea. I support them Monica is now playing qualification match against Julia Goerges form Germany in Wasrsaw

2:6 6:3 1:0 (with break )

SWEDISH OPEN CHAMPION 2007
jarkko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 08:10 PM   #14
country flag Zoltan83

Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute Zoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Daniela!

Nice idea to create this thread.
And it seems that romanian girls are doing well recently

Good luck to : Daniela Hantuchova - Gisela Dulko - Maria Kirilenko - Nicole Vaidisova - Jarmila Gajdosova - Iona Raluca Olaru - Edina Gallovits - Sorana Cristea - Dominika Cibulkova - Stéphanie Dubois - Marie-Eve Pelletier - Valerie Tetreault - Jillian O'Neill -Mandy Minella - Dinara Safina - Karolina Sprem - Alicia Molik - Ana Ivanovic - Martina Hingis
Zoltan83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 08:12 PM   #15
country flag Emina.

Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute

Romanian Tennis
Emina. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote