GO LINDSAY - CHEERING THREAD - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 01:41 AM   #61
country flag jacs
Team WTAworld
TOP President

jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future

Lindsay Davenport, from the United States, holds her right foot during her match against Belgium's Justine Henin at the Swisscom Challenge tennis tournament in Kloten, Switzerland, Saturday Oct. 19, 2002. Davenport won the match 7-6 (2), 7-6 (5). (AP Photo/Keystone, Eddy Risch)
It's not shyness I have. It's just that I'm not one of those people who loves to open a newspaper of magazine and see myself all the time. I don't like that at all. I prefer to play my tennis which I love, and with which I've been blessed.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT

BBT Belligerent Bliss on Twitter BBM Belligerent Bliss on Multiply
jacs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 01:44 AM   #62
country flag jacs
Team WTAworld
TOP President

jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future jacs has a brilliant future
Porsche Race: Davenport breaks the pain barrier

by Eleanor Preston
October 19, 2002

There was one thing on Lindsay Davenport?s mind as she trailed Justine Henin 4-1 in the second set of their semi-final at the Swisscom Challenge. It wasn?t the pain in her right foot which meant she could barely move, nor was it the gutsy Belgian on the other side of the net. Davenport?s thoughts had turned to the Sanex WTA Tour's season-ending Championships presented by Porsche and the realisation that if she held on long enough to beat Henin she would almost certainly be able to claim her place in the elite 16-player draw at the season-ending event in her native Los Angeles.

'It was important to me to win this match because even if I can?t play tomorrow, I knew I could help my case to the Championships,' she said. 'That?s a big thing for me.'

From 4-1 down in the second set, and knowing she couldn?t possibility last for three sets, Davenport fought her way back into contention, hitting the ball full on in an attempt to power her way out of trouble. It worked, Henin became distracted and took her foot of the accelerator, and Davenport was in to her fifth consecutive final in Zurich.

The American will take on Patty Schnyder in Sunday?s title clash after she sent the home crowd into raptures by defeating Conchita Martinez 6-0, 6-3. Schnyder needed all her patience to cope with the wily Spaniard, who mixed pace with guile from the baseline and almost did enough to quieten the Zurich crowd. While the Swiss would love to crown a home champion no-one will want Schnyder to get the trophy on a walk-over, least of all Schnyder herself. She still has a chance to make the Championships under her own steam and while winning the title in Zurich, and her wins so far this week, would help her points tally no end, the bonus points available for beating Davenport in match play wouldn?t go amiss either.

Under normal circumstances Davenport would start the match as undoubted favourite, not least because of her extraordinary record in Zurich. Down the years she has lost just once, and that was to a Swiss player - when Martina Hingis beat her in the 2000 final. Is history about the repeat itself?

It's not shyness I have. It's just that I'm not one of those people who loves to open a newspaper of magazine and see myself all the time. I don't like that at all. I prefer to play my tennis which I love, and with which I've been blessed.
LINDSAY DAVENPORT

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 01:47 AM   #63
country flag jacs
Team WTAworld
TOP President

SINGLES (Top 20 positions)

Serena Williams ( USA) 5596 pts
Venus Williams (USA) 4844
Jennifer Capriati (USA) 3455
Amélie Mauresmo (FRA) 3068
Monica Seles (USA) 2796
Justine Henin (BEL) 2659
Kim Clijsters (BEL) 2534
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) 2495
Jelena Dokic (YUG) 2454
Martina Hingis (SUI) WITHDREW 17/10 2348
Anastasia Myskina (RUS) 1918
Silvia Farina Elia (ITA) 1620
Chanda Rubin (USA) 1526
Lindsay Davenport (USA) 1419
Magdalena Maleeva (BUL) 1415
Anna Smashnova (ISR) 1405
Elena Dementieva (RUS) 1365
Nathalie Dechy (FRA) 1269
Ai Sugiyama (JPN) 1241
Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) 1201
LINDSAY DAVENPORT

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 11:06 AM   #64
country flag Elske
Kitty's muff muncher

Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute Elske has a reputation beyond repute
Good Luck in the final Lindsay!!!!
Elske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2002, 11:10 AM   #65
gossipcom

gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice gossipcom is just really nice
Actually she's now higher on that list in the race - she's actually in 12th position.

So my guess is she'll withdraw from Linz now that it's been confirmed she's into the Championships.
Old Oct 20th, 2002, 11:10 AM   #66
gerhard

gerhard has disabled reputation
Good Luck Lindsay !
gerhard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2002, 11:45 AM   #67
country flag shirley

shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute shirley has a reputation beyond repute
Good Luck Lindsay

Where will she be in the new rankings when they are released on Monday?

*Kilmarnock FC: Scottish League Cup Winners 2012*

Juan Martin Del Potro

World Cup 2010 Prediction Joint Champion
shirley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2002, 11:50 AM   #68
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all Lindsayfan is a name known to all
i hope she doesnt withdraw from Linz,cos it wouldnt be correct.she entered late and now she withdraws?i dont like this and i hope she doesnt do.

GOO LINDSAY FOR TODAY'S FINAL!!!!
Lindsayfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2002, 07:25 PM   #69
country flag jacs
Team WTAworld
TOP President

ETA Amazing Race: 5th round, 3rd point

ETA Amazing Race

the FIFTH task, the THIRD point, PIT STOP!

GIVE ME THREE PICS OF CANDIAN PERSONALITIES WITH A SMALL PROFILE ATTACHED AND PLEASE GIVE ME THE SOURCE OF WHERE YOU GOT THEM.

*the location of the FOURTH POINT and the FINISH LINE is in one of the games forum, the one where there are different teams consisting of one male singles player and one female singles player. did i mention that there is constant mixed doubles in this particular forum? the finsh line is in the topic indicating a sort of list of each team with their particular points earned. it starts with the letter "r"

LINDSAY DAVENPORT

Last edited by jacs : Oct 25th, 2002 at 07:31 PM.