Rossana de los Ríos/Ana Paula Neffa! - Page 53 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 14th, 2007, 05:01 AM   #781
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rossana De Los Rios 2007 Cheering Thread!

Wow i'm just looking at her draw and it seems pretty straight-forward now Sequera lost.....next is either Castellvi (who's not in very good form) or Govortsova (who should be beatable). Then there's Bachmann or Serra-Zanetti if she gets through...again, both are definitely beatable. And for the rest of the draw the only seeds left are Arvidsson, Keothavong, Brandi, Perianu and Haynes. Rossana can win here!
Hayato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2007, 06:51 PM   #782
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The final singles match on center court featured Rosanna de los Rios, currently #193 based on a limited schedule, against #5 seed Ivana Abramovic. Last year, de los Rios came through qualifying here but lost in the first round. Since then, she has had only one WTA match,but she did reach the final at the Indian Harbor Beach $50K, and she won the San Diego $50K in December. And who did she beat in the final? None other than Abramovic.

You may remember de los Rios as the mom who once made a big splash at Roland Garros by reaching the fourth round in 2000. She's here with her family; her daughter looks about eight now. It looks like they have her scouting the opposition; she was watching the players on the practice court as her mom was breaking Abramovic to start the match.

Abramovic is a veteran, too, though not as experienced as de los Rios; he played her first WTA match at Bogota 2003. Her big results in the last year are a first round win at Bogota 2006 (one of only two WTA matches she's had in that time), a final at the Saint Gaudens $50K, and the San Diego final she lost to de los Rios. She came in ranked #165.

De los Rios looked to me as if she were tired, somehow. It was just an impression, though. Abramovic is a little bigger and taller, but I don't think she hits harder, particularly on the forehand. Both have two-handed backhands. De los Rios has a rather high toss -- no problem here, but not so good outdoors. And her specialty is clay. It looks as if Abramovic also prefers clay, but it's not as clear from her more limited record.

De los Rios in the first set was overhitting just a little -- she kept just missing the lines. And every drop shot she hit landed in the net. Abramovic was mostly letting her commit suicide. After that initial break, de los Rios lost six straight games to lose the first set.

De los Rios was faster to get upset than Sequera. She started talking to herself in game five. Her camp was pretty clearly telling her to calm down. It looked like the daughter was asking, "What's wrong with Mom?"

Game four of the second set seemed to provide the answer. In the middle of the game, de los Rios ran to the sideline and started putting eye drops in her eyes. With that low humidity, I can understand why. Certainly she seemed to be seeing better; the second set started with five straight holds. And then it was de los Rios who broke for 4-2.

And suddenly it was Abramovic who looked tired. It hadn't been that long a match, and she looks to be in good shape, but she was really sucking air between points. Was she running out of gas? She lot the next two games also, letting de los Rios take the set 6-2.

De los Rios on the changeover pulled a book out of her bag and looked something up. It didn't appear to be a Jim Courier-type thing; she was looking for something specific. Whatever it was, it was the wrong answer -- she was broken in the first game of the third set. Only to immediately break back. Looking at Abramovic, it appears that she looks most winded after a service game. Which probably says something about how she serves, though I didn't notice anything.

That was about the end for Abramovic. De los Rios, after the break-back, won five of the next six games to advance 1-6 6-2 6-2.

Her daughter Ana Paula by that time was on the practice court hitting with one of the club people. Kid has a pretty good forehand already.
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 03:29 AM   #783
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Rossana De Los Rios 2007 Cheering Thread!

What an AWESOME article! I really think she has a shot at winning this tourney. However, if she reaches the SF here then she will not be able to play in the Memphis Qualis So, if she reaches the SF...she better win!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 04:05 AM   #784
country flag Hayato

Is she definitely in the Memphis qualies list Heath?
Well I would rather her reach the semifinals or final here or even win it than to play Memphis...it would do wonders for her confidence to pretty much start the year with an ITF. Perianu lost in the first round now too, so just 4 seeds remain.

De Los Rios/Scheepers won their first round match today 57 64 63 They now take on the top seeds Fusano/Tsoubanos, but Rossana beat Fusano/Tsoubanos two weeks ago with Story Tweedie-Yates in straight sets so her and Chanelle are more than capable of pulling out an upset!

I'm playing tennis down in Sydney tomorrow so I will have to wait a long time till I get back to find out Rossana's singles and doubles 2R results!

Good luck Rossana
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 04:09 PM   #785

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Rossana De Los Rios 2007 Cheering Thread!

RoRo lost in both singles and doubles. She is not in the Q draw in Memhis. M aybe she is playing in the 25K in Florida ???? Maybe thats the best for now anyways

Good Luck in your tennis match Benji!
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 04:37 PM   #786
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute

Rossana

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
*Furlanetto*CostaMelgar*Forte*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 07:14 PM   #787
country flag Hayato

Yeah she had a pretty bad day, lost all 4 sets.
Thanks Heath, I didn't do that well but I did better than Rossana

I don't see her in the $25K list in Florida, so maybe she will have a break for a week until Acapulco.
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 08:31 PM   #788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiboy View Post
Yeah she had a pretty bad day, lost all 4 sets.
Thanks Heath, I didn't do that well but I did better than Rossana

I don't see her in the $25K list in Florida, so maybe she will have a break for a week until Acapulco.

Yeah, all of the WCs for the florida 25K have been given out aswell. A week break it is
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 08:53 AM   #789
country flag Hayato

Hope she gets a decent draw in Acapulco! (assuming she hasn't left it to the last minute to withdraw again)
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 01:02 AM   #790
country flag Hayato

She got Garbin the #2 seed in the first round. I'm not surprised since her draws are always rigged in a bad way so it's no surprise she got another tough draw. Hopefully Garbin withdraws, but even if she doesn't, Rossana can still win!! Good luck Rossana
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 01:21 AM   #791
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck Rossana!

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
*Furlanetto*CostaMelgar*Forte*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 04:15 AM   #792
country flag Hayato

By the way, last time she played Garbin was Stanford 2000, and Garbin won 60 60

No way is that happening again come on Rossana, it's now or never!
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 04:32 AM   #793

Talking Re: Rossana De Los Rios 2007 Cheering Thread!

GOOD LUCK RORO!!!
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 01:44 AM   #794
spotsyboy

spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of

double bageled huh? well i can't believe that will happen again.
it's time she deserves a win...hopefully at least Tax will be tired rather than hurt...no one wants to win that way.

I'm nervous for her but i wish her the best
spotsyboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 09:12 PM   #795
country flag Hayato

Her match starts soon........i'm so nervous for her and i really hope she wins!!!!!!!!!