Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

248K views 5K replies 100 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty Im free at last...:bigcry:

ummm, to dramatic :confused:

ok then :bounce:

(just thought we needed something like this if some of us don't want to venture out into the main forum, by the way, do we already have a thread like this? Sorry if we do)

iPhone jailbreaking (and all cell phone unlocking) made legal

Owners of iPhones and other smartphones are one step closer towards taking complete control of their gadgets, thanks to a new government ruling Monday on the practice of "jailbreaking."

This weekend has seen a flurry of activity about digital rights, but the biggest news dropped Monday morning, when the FCC announced that it had made the controversial practice of “jailbreaking” your iPhone — or any other cell phone — legal.

Jailbreaking — the practice of unlocking a phone (and particularly an iPhone) so it can be used on another network and/or run other applications than those approved by Apple — has technically been illegal for years. Most jailbroken phones are used on the U.S. T-Mobile network or on overseas carriers, or are used to run applications that Apple refuses to sell, such as Safari ad-blocking apps, alternate keyboard layouts, or programs that change the interface to the iPhone's SMS system and the way its icons are laid out.

While technically illegal, no one has been sued or prosecuted for the practice. (Apple does seriously frown on the practice, and jailbreaking your phone will still void your warranty.) It’s estimated that more than a million iPhone owners have jailbroken their handsets.

Apple fought hard against the legalization, arguing that jailbreaking was a form of copyright violation. The FCC disagreed, saying that jailbreaking merely enhanced the inter-operability of the phone, and was thus legitimate under fair-use rules.

The upshot is that now anyone can jailbreak or otherwise unlock any cell phone without fear of legal penalties, whether you want to install unsupported applications or switch to another cellular carrier. Cell phone companies are of course still free to make it difficult for you to do this — and your warranty will probably still be voided if you do — but at least you won’t be fined or imprisoned if you jailbreak a handset.

See less See more
#1,439 ·
I've never been into that thread,I knew it would be a mess. As for acetoace, I have no idea how he's not banned yet.

#1,440 ·
well i dont mean to inflict poison into our forum but:

Originally Posted by acetoace
Yeah, tell me more about Serena that I don't Know already. You see, the problem with your fanbase is, ya'll are darn too sensitive. Always trying to eat your cake and have it. You take every opportunity to try and diminish Serena's accomplishments y tennis skills and when same is returned at your player with equal or more favor, then u start crying like beat up little pets. Really good that your fanbase have the likes of dsanders06, Nashamasha, Cosmic Voices, NashaP, doomsday; they do a great job at not stirring up fights that warrant stiff responses

That said, how do you folks feel about pova losing to the likes of Oudine, Cibulkova, Dulko etc? Oh yes....I remember what ya'll said: 'pova was still having issues with her shoulder at the time', right? If that reasoning was valid in defense of pova, what problem is it with your fanbase accepting the fact that Serena was injured with ankle injury going into 2012 AO? Why do your fanbase harp on it like ya'll are on drugs? Serena lost to Vika in Miami while injured but Vika herself actually acknowledged that fact several times and is the reason I have the utmost respect for that gurl unlike pova and the incident of 2004 YEC.

FYI, as a Serena fan, given what I know of Serena and what she's been through, Serena is not gonna lose to pova again. It simply is a personal thing; nothing more, nothing less!! That is not to say she hates pova, not in the least. Nevertheless, a loss to pova is not what Serena would let happen till she quits the game. I have mentioned on here how (pova media stans) spins things at Serena's expensse in pova's favor. Serena eventaully realized the fact that only way to shut biased media up is to consistently beat on pova.... hence, the reason we haven't heard in a long time the jettisoned "pova is better than Serena song" they started singing in 2004. What do u think stopped that song? What killed the hype? I think hard numbers they couldn't deny did!!

Serena one time loss to Razzano, Makarova, few to Dementieva y Jankovich, Stosur at USO final weren't great in media's eyes to proclaim them as better than Serena; but a loss to pova at Wimbledon on 1st slam back after 11 months off due to knee surgery, (reaching final only with guts) yet, biased media proclaimed pova as the second coming; a better player than Serena based on that single win (and will dominate the tour etc). Funny really!! Conversely, Serena fans sure noticed how the media started given excuses for many pova loses (at slams & non-slam tournaments) after she came back from surgery. Just something to make one go hum......

As for the dream of pova beating Serena on an off day, all I will say is goodluck with that. Ya'll have been hoping for that almost a decade Similar to 2004, Pova had an "off day chance" last year when Serena returned after 11 months off.... what happened there? To the extent it is hard for ya'll to admit, Serena has learned from the error of 2004 and corrected it in 2011. Before the 1st match between Serena & pova in 2011, media hyped pova to win ostensibly sensing that Serena was disadvantaged being off form; her fans went bunkers also believing the media but Serena knew since 2005 AO SF that beating pova do not require an A game.....only need to do few things right. Please bump this thread again after 2013 AO and we would see who knows what he/she is talking about.
we don't have to go into detail about this, or even discuss it on here because im over it but...

this dude is 32 years old :oh:

#1,443 ·
just watch the exho h/ls [thanks aussiesharapova btw]
really impressed with her fh - really smooth and flat. and those swing volleys :hearts:
i hope this pays dividend in 2013

and i know its her trademark - but i kinda enjoyed watching her play without the intensity of her grunt :sobbing:
but ofc id want that intensity in real matches

#1,445 ·
Maria's shoulders are LIFEEE :inlove: she has amazing shoulders :lol: could have been a swimmer.

#1,452 ·
The things that make me excited the least about the next season are Vika-Serena and Maria-Serena match-ups.. Mostly awful matches with a NID result each and every single time! :help: I love rivalries, like Povarenka or Kvittypova :hearts:

#1,453 ·
Agreed. I want more Sharpova-Azarenka and Sharapova-Kvitova and Azarenka-Kvitova matches in 2013 so badly. Serena vs. anyone (other than Venus) is just boring to me, or maybe Kvitova when she's not imploding.

I just want the Top 4 to get their shit together and for Radwanska to go away :hysteric:

#1,456 ·
#1,463 ·
Stop laughing at me for not knowing that Cali=California! :hysteric:

I have to confess that at first I thought lefty meant Calais in France! :sobbing:

#1,473 ·
^Haha, same here.
you guys don't find him hot at all? :sobbing: omfg you guys have NO idea the things i would do to him :oh:

do you know his wife/gf is pregnant too :sobbing:
he's so young, and so hot
he's married? wtf so young?

I know!!!!! I can't believe he's a 90s kid which makes him even more perfect ahhh

I fell in love with her watching Black Swan. She was seductive, mysterious, wildly sexy... :hearts:
best fucking movie ever!

This post has been deleted
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.