Tennis Forum banner

Fed (Federation) Cup Trophy Pictures - 4 Left!

25K views 80 replies 13 participants last post by  Rollo 
#1 · (Edited)
You guys in this BFTP Forum have probably some of the best photo collections.:worship: So I wanted to create this thread to see if it would be possible to get all (most likely won't happen:lol:) of the winners trophy pics from the top Women's Team Competition; Fed Cup or the Federation Cup.

Have 51 of the 55. So 1968, 1970, 1974, 1984 are not posted. Hopefully you guys will help.

The remaining ones are Australian and Czechoslovakian winners.
Australia - 3 (1968, 1970, 1974).
Czechoslovakia - 1 (1984).

GM thread - http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=458189

Fix 1985, 1991.

#53 ·
Re: Fed (Federation) Cup Trophy Pictures - 6 Left!

^Yeah, those are the years. But 1984 only has Hana in it:lol: I actually took opposite approach regarding 1984 and ask the Czech forum if they had any info/pics. And I have to put in 1985, but lazy...:angel:

#54 ·

Hello Rollo I am in touch with the president of the Australian Federation Cup Foundation now so I will ask about those pics you requested. Fingers crossed :)

#55 ·

Hello Rollo I am in touch with the president of the Australian Federation Cup Foundation now so I will ask about those pics you requested. Fingers crossed
It would answer my prayers TV. For sentimental reasons I would really like to see a pic from 1970. Australia has such a rich history in the Fed Cup, so for now my fingers will will stay firmly crossed.

P.S. Hope the Tegart tribute went well:)

#58 ·

The one pic that I have seen from the 1983 Fed Cup title in Zurich showed Hana with slightly permed long hair and a plain white shirt with no sponsor patches. For some reason when she was with Ellesse she couldn't wear the official Czech outfit by Adidas. This changed when she switched to Reebok in 84. She also played this event with an unmarked Wilson graphite that I suppose she was testing. By the US Open she was with the marked Wilson Ultra 2 that she played with for the next 5 years.

#59 ·

One Federation Cup match I'd like to see all the way through is the doubles match of the 1987 final. Shriver had beaten Kohde-Kilsch and Graf killed Evert. I remember that the Americans were up like 61 41 and lost. The third set is on youtube and there are some great points played. Evert and Graf both show their abilities as very good doubles players along with two of the great doubles players of the time. Anyone see that match (especially the 2nd set comeback)?

#60 ·

One Federation Cup match I'd like to see all the way through is the doubles match of the 1987 final. Shriver had beaten Kohde-Kilsch and Graf killed Evert. I remember that the Americans were up like 61 41 and lost. The third set is on youtube and there are some great points played. Evert and Graf both show their abilities as very good doubles players along with two of the great doubles players of the time. Anyone see that match (especially the 2nd set comeback)?
The first set and the early part of the second was a lot of good doubles play by Shriver and a lot of sleep-walking by Kohde-Kilsch. Somewhere around 4-0 down, Steffi made a "Now we have them right where we want them" kind of comment and Claudia woke up or loosened up and remembered she was actually one of the best doubles players in the world. And then Evert started to make some mistakes.

#65 ·
So I’m still missing only 3! @Rollo any help? 1968, 1970 and 1974 wins for Australia.
1968-Kerry Melville, Margaret court
1970- Judy dalton, Karen krantzcke
1974- Goolagong, Janet young, Dianne balestrat

Here are 1984 and 1985 Czechoslovakia wins. Would love nonwatermark colored images tho.
1984- Mandlíková, Suková, budarova, skuherska
1985- Mandlíková, Suková, Maršíková, Holíková

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.