Tennis Forum banner

Mi-ra Jeon Cheering Thread

30K views 845 replies 25 participants last post by  pcrtennis 
#1 · (Edited)
Wow,...... I really didn't expect to make a cheering thread for an Asian player. :eek:
But Mi-ra definitely needs some support and cheer from some fans for now.

Yesterday, Mi-ra left a message on her fan site that she will do her very best until she retires to be an unforgettable tennis player to her fans.... after seeing more new members on the site and supports from them. It's really good to hear that. :D

Mi-ra said she would leave for Dubai today,...and then Vietnam. :)

She has been quite unlucky after early success in junior in many ways. She once retired due to poor management of her team ( :fiery: they just abandoned her after putting BIG pressure on her ) and came back later with different team but still struggling. She was sooooo close to enter GS qualy lately,... but missed all. ( 1st in waiting list in US open 2001,.... runner-up in Asian Championship for Assie Open this year) :( :mad:

Today, Mi-ra is going to Dubai ALONE,... and her teammate Yoon-joeng Cho is going to US for 4week tour with some staffs. :( :fiery:

She's very nice and kind,.... and it's her biggest weakness in her game. She is not a player who have kind of killer instinct or cocky attitude. It brings me great sympathy for her, though.

Go, Mi-ra! You can do it!!!
:bounce:

See less See more
#802 ·
I saw Mi-Ra today, she was [racticing with Yoon-Jeong, Saori and Evelyn Fauth on a practice court...looked like she was miving and hitting really well! She's in the main draw so I hope she does well!! I will go watch her and report back!! She looked like she was having a lot of fun.

#803 ·
I feel sorry for her. :sad: Having YJ Cho as a team-mate is a big burden to Mi-ra. All their team scheduling is focused on Cho. :eek: Mi-ra needs a break.
She just keeps losing in the 1st round every week. She said clearly she had been ill and didn't practice much and lost confidence. Then why she had to go with Cho to stronger fields in US other than weaker fields in Asia and Australia? :(

Hope she finds her confidence back soon.
:)

#808 ·
Mi-Ra is 0-7 this year. :sad:
Let's not forget tho that she was injured at the beginning of the year so obviously she's struggling to get any momentum going. :sad:

She's entered in the following tourneys after Hamanako:
- $50K Gifu, JPN
- $50K Fukuoka, JPN
- $25K Changwon, KOR

She's loves playing on artificial grass, so I hope she can get her first win next week... :)

Anybody have direct news from her site? :confused:

#809 ·
Mi-Ra withdrew from Changwon & the following $25K in Japan. :sad:

Does anybody know why? :confused:

Unless she plans to play RG qualies which is quite surprising since she didn't play last year even when her form was better.

At least she won a couple of matches this week. Hopefully more success in Fukuoka. :)

#813 ·
Mi-Ra drew Galina Voskoboeva in the qualies of RG...a tough draw for her. My impression of Galina is she is rather impatient and easy to anger, so hopefully this will bode well for Mi-Ra. Next up would be a slumping Teryn Ashley or Maureen Drake. She could meet up with Edina Gallovits in the final round of qualies, so I'm hoping for that, and an 8-6 win in the third for Mi-Ra. :tape: :hearts:

#814 ·
Mi-Ra is going to have to play solid in this match though, Galina will be tough, but your right brunof, she can win if she plays her game. Wouldn't be justice if she would meet Gallovits and win!! IM praying on this end, mi-ra was in better form last year at this time though making the final in gifu and losing to an amazing player like Ivanovic

#816 ·
I hate to say it but jeon lost 1-6 1-6, should have stayed in asia and played challengers!!!!!

#817 ·
Has she ever thought of seeing a sports psychiatrist????

#818 ·
I agree about playing Asian challengers, like she did last year. I have a feeling she wanted to experience the GS atmoshere while she still can... :sad:

She's taking next week off before playing:

- $25K Kusatsu, JPN
- $25K Seoul, KOR

probably followed by $25K Incheon as well.

Good luck to her. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.