Tennis Forum banner

Mi-ra Jeon Cheering Thread

30K views 845 replies 25 participants last post by  pcrtennis 
#1 · (Edited)
Wow,...... I really didn't expect to make a cheering thread for an Asian player. :eek:
But Mi-ra definitely needs some support and cheer from some fans for now.

Yesterday, Mi-ra left a message on her fan site that she will do her very best until she retires to be an unforgettable tennis player to her fans.... after seeing more new members on the site and supports from them. It's really good to hear that. :D

Mi-ra said she would leave for Dubai today,...and then Vietnam. :)

She has been quite unlucky after early success in junior in many ways. She once retired due to poor management of her team ( :fiery: they just abandoned her after putting BIG pressure on her ) and came back later with different team but still struggling. She was sooooo close to enter GS qualy lately,... but missed all. ( 1st in waiting list in US open 2001,.... runner-up in Asian Championship for Assie Open this year) :( :mad:

Today, Mi-ra is going to Dubai ALONE,... and her teammate Yoon-joeng Cho is going to US for 4week tour with some staffs. :( :fiery:

She's very nice and kind,.... and it's her biggest weakness in her game. She is not a player who have kind of killer instinct or cocky attitude. It brings me great sympathy for her, though.

Go, Mi-ra! You can do it!!!
:bounce:

See less See more
#777 ·
Congrats to Yoon-Jeong and Mi-ra for winning their first doubles title together in Korea. What a great week for them. I hope Mi-ra will take this win and gain some confidence. She will need it in Japan, where she faces Takase for the 4th time this year in the qualies. :mad: Go Mi-Ra!

Does anyone have pictures from the ceremony? :bounce:

#778 ·
brunof said:
Congrats to Yoon-Jeong and Mi-ra for winning their first doubles title together in Korea. What a great week for them. I hope Mi-ra will take this win and gain some confidence. She will need it in Japan, where she faces Takase for the 4th time this year in the qualies. :mad: Go Mi-Ra!

Does anyone have pictures from the ceremony? :bounce:

Mi-Ra pulled out of Japan 2 days ago.........

#780 ·
Hi, pcrtennis :wavey:

There are some Korean Tennis site which has some photo's from the doubles final and postmatch interview. I've got to go now, so I'll just leave some links.

http://www.tennis.co.kr/news/detail.asp?code=10101&serial=11560
http://www.tennis.co.kr/news/detail.asp?code=10101&serial=11551
http://tennis.naok.net/zboard/view.php?id=tr_news&no=585

And I heard that Mi-ra had to gave up the Japan open qualy as she advance to the doubles semi-final. But YJ Cho had the special ranking so she could made the MD of Japan open.

Go, Mi-ra!

#782 ·
Mi-ra had to play domestic tournament last week and she will play two challenger events in China.

It was Korea National Game, kind of national Olympic games with all kind of sports, and her team won the Gold medal. :D

Mi-Ra's team is consist of Mi-Ra Jeon, Yoon-Jeong Cho and Da-Jung Hong. Her team beat Hansol team(of Jin-Hee Kim and Kyung-Mi Chang, and supporter for two high school girls, So-Jung Kim and Ye-Ra Lee) in the semi-final. In the final, Mi-ra lost in her singles game to Mi-Ok Kim but she won the final doubles match with YJ Cho over Jin-Young Choi/ Mi-Ok Kim pair, so her team could win the Gold medal.
That's the only tournament Mi-Ra and YJ plays for her team in their homeland without any WTA ranking points.
I wish Mi-ra plays more WTA tour and ITF challengers for next year.

BTW, Ye-Ra Lee's team won the Gold medal in the high-school league in the same tournament. And Ye-Ra Lee is playing another domestic junior tournament this week, and she will play the final tomorrow for the singles championship.

#784 ·
Mi-Ra left a message on her fan-page last Friday. She said she feel tight on her muscle due to recent weight training. She said she would leave for hometown for her younger sister's wedding ceremony on that night.
And she said she would leave for China on Sunday morning.
She also mentioned her fan's support and said hello to them and promised them to participate a fan meeting if the date can be arranged.

She also said that she would play in the Korea Tennis Championship (Oct. 30~ Nov. 7). So, she should finish her job before this weekend. (no more play for next week in Chinese challenger) Maybe there would be some pressure to play more in the domestic tournament. :(

Anyway,.... Go, Mi-ra!

#788 ·
Awesome Mi-Ra! Question? If she plays in Korean Championship starting the 30th, how can she win this match against Aiko, does she not play tennis till Monday? Please win this one Mi-Ra!

#789 ·
pcrtennis said:
Does Mi-Ra have a website? Someone should make one if she doesn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO MI-RA!
Mi-ra had one before,.. maybe 2 or 3 years back. The name was miralove??.com or something, but the admin had to join military service that time and had closed for good.
Now Mi-ra has her fan page where she often visits and leaves messages, but it's not a website dedicated for Mi-ra,..it's a just small cyber space in an internaet portal site. And it's all written in Korean. So no website for international users. :(

#790 ·
Druidia said:
Awesome Mi-Ra! Question? If she plays in Korean Championship starting the 30th, how can she win this match against Aiko, does she not play tennis till Monday? Please win this one Mi-Ra!
Her team has decided to make its players to enter the tournament so Mi-ra seems to have no other choice. :(
All of her team members including YJ Cho and APT player Hyung-Taik Lee will also join it.
During Oct. 30~31, there will be a qualifying rounds and the 32 or 48 Main draw matches will start from Monday or Tuesday, that is, Nov. 1 or Nov. 2. The tournament is saying they will give seeds according to domestic ranking so I have no idea which seeding Mi-Ra will have. :confused:
But I don't think Mi-ra should play the qualifying rounds, :angel: so there would be no problem for this week's Shenzhen challenger. :D

#794 ·
Bad news. :sad:

Mi-ra left a message on her fan page and it says she injured her hip joint so she was going to cancel to go for New Zealand for a WTA event. She also mentioned that it's not likely she can play Aussie open qualies as well. :sad:

Mi-Ra said after the Hansol open where she won the WTA tour doubles title and she had been suffered from various injuries since then. She said she spend her time for rehab. She said she felt sorry to say this bad news just before the Christmas and seasons greeting.

Get well soon, Mi-Ra~~

#796 ·
Some good news from Mi-ra! :D

Mi-Ra left a message yesterday saying somewhat late 'New Year's greeting' to her fans and some stuffs about her.
She said she could start to hit some balls from yesterday finally from the injury. She also mentioned she was suffered from the bad flu during the last 2 weeks and had to go hospital for that.
Mi-ra said she gave up Aussie open but she will start playing tournaments at Toray cup in Japan. :D She said she had good feeling while hitting some balls yesterday so she would start her normal training from Monday.
Mi-Ra also mentioned her teammate YJ Cho had left for Australia yesterday.

Go, Mi-Ra!

#797 ·
I thought since Mi-Ra will be starting off her 2005 season very soon, I should bump this thread up. Mi-Ra is in the Toray Pan Pacific qualifying draw, as the 8th seed. A tough first round match for her, unfortunately, because the qualifying draw looks worse than that of Pattaya, and it's a tier I. :eek: Anyway, I think she has a good chance of taking out Ryoko Fuda in the first round!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.