9/30/11 San Diego St. Invitational - CSUN - SDSU

10/1/11 Riviera Pre-Qualifying - UCI, LBS, CSUN

10/7/11 Fullerton Invitational - UCI, LBS, CSF, UCR, CSUN

10/7/11 UCSB Tennis Classic - UCSB, Cal Poly, CSUN - Wyoming, LMU

10/14/11 St. Mary's Invite - UCD, Pacific - St. Mary's

10/20/11 ITA West Regionals - UCI, LBS, UCSB, UCR, CSUN, CSF

10/21/11 ITA Northwest Regionals - UCD, Cal Poly, Pacific

11/4/11 UCI Fall Invite - UCI, UCR - Colorado, LMU, Montana, Northern Arizona

11/10/11 Fresno St. Invitational - Cal Poly, Pacific - Fresno St.

11/11/11 San Diego State Fall Classic 2 - UCI - SDSU, San Diego, Denver, Eastern Washington, New Mexico, Air Force, LMU

11/11/11 CSUN Tournament - CSUN, UCSB, CSF - LMU, Northern Arizona

12/26/11 Costa Mesa Intercollegiate

1/13/12 Cal Winter Invitational - Cal Poly - Cal

1/13/12 National Collegiate Tennis Classic - UCI

1/20/12 Long Beach St. Invitational - LBS, CSUN - LMU

See less See more
#407 ·
Wasn't picking on Sarah... looks like a decent little four star.

Gouci usually has 2 stars announced within seconds of posting on tennisrecruiting....

Just SHOCKED that he hadn't done the same for a UCI commit. SHOCKED!

Maybe he's still embarrassed he used GIANT font to point out UCLA switched their NUMBER SIX this past weekend... and didn't even try to play her at # 3 either?

#408 ·
UC Riverside

On a more serious note UC Riverside athletics is improving facilities and cleaning house.

- UCR has plans to build a new 8,000 seat basketball arena. :yeah:
- UCR fixed their track stadium
- UCR has plans to expand their swimming pool

- The UCR men's tennis coach resigned.
- The UCR men's and women's golf coach resigned.
- The UCR softball coach is under fire.

- I'm worried if I'm the UCR women's tennis coach. :scared:

UC Riverside behind their new Chancellor is trying to become more respectable. :worship:

#412 · (Edited)
No the men's tennis coach is already gone, past tense. I heard the UCR women's soccer head coach resigned, in November 2011 took a place in academic advising, and the UCR men's tennis head coach who was married to her left in May 2012. I thought he resigned but I guess he could have been fired? :shrug:

So that's actually 4 head coachs out under the 1st year UCR AD.

#415 ·
Re: UCLA sweeps Long Beach St. 4-0

OOOOOOOOOh Form....you really nailed ol GOUCI....It must be a horribly exasperating experience to be a UCI WT fan.....I enjoyed my few days in Palm Springs for the tournament...nice to come South for two weeks and even nicer to see my LBS ladies just kick UCI's little asses!

#420 ·
Re: UCLA sweeps Long Beach St. 4-0

We all know UCLA will play at full strength against Cal. UCLA plays Kaitlin Ray at #6 singles against Cal today. That proves UCLA played their bench in the first 3 rounds.

I WAS RIGHT!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

UCLA was SOOOO DISRESPECTFUL to Long Beach State

By playing their bench UCLA gave LBS A SLAP IN THE FACE!

FORM I TOLD YOU SO!

:happy: :nerner: :haha: :happy: :nerner: :haha: :happy: :nerner: :haha:
Um...wtf? Kaitlin Ray didn't play against Cal either because she is injured. That's why Seguso has been playing #6.

#425 ·
Re: UC Riverside

Also the UC Riverside softball coach has been fired.

women's soccer
men's tennis
men's golf
women's golf
softball

That's 5 head coaches fired by the first year UCR AD.
WOW

That AD, with the second smallest budget in BW, seems to be in a hurry to make his 'mark' and move on?

So he changes coaches and then what? They are still underfunded and in the I.E.

#423 ·
Anais Dallara

Mary Macfarlane (Alabama) def. Anais Dallara (Long Beach St.) 6-1,4-6,6-3.

Dallara accomplished something that even the great, great, great, great Long Beach St. hall of famer Hannah Grady couldn't. Which is win 1 set in the NCAA singles tournament. :oh:

Makes you wonder how insignificant the great, great, great, great Hannah Grady was on a national level :oh: if she couldn't even win 1 set in the NCAA singles tournament. And for LBS to retire a tennis court for Hannah Grady, who couldn't even earn honorable mention All American status is weak.

By the way the only player in Long Beach St. program history to win a match in the NCAA singles tourney was the 25 YEAR OLD SENIOR :eek: :eek: :eek: Jing Chen.

#424 · (Edited)
You crack me up.... you must still be reeling from UCLA slighting EVERYONE in the NCAA tournament by not playing their superstar # 6? :haha::haha::haha::haha::eek: :spit:

Bitterness is not healthy.

(PS... Actually, Chen is now 39 years old :eek: .... as she played in ... wait I have to look it up... 1998. That's quite a 'scoop' Jimmy Olsen :tape::lol: )

17-1-1*

Trivia question: How many girls that have attended UC Irvine have ever qualified for the NCAA tennis individual draw? :scratch: Hint: You won't need any fingers or toes.

One troubling issue though; I did notice fitting all of LB's Big West titles onto a recently received letter seemed a bit crowded .... I hate it when that happens. :bigwave:

#426 ·
(PS... Actually, Chen is now 39 years old :eek: .... as she played in ... wait I have to look it up... 1998. That's quite a 'scoop' Jimmy Olsen :tape::lol: )
By the way the only player in Long Beach St. program history to win a match in the NCAA singles tourney was the 25 YEAR OLD SENIOR :eek: :eek: :eek: Jing Chen.
I guess Form missed the word SENIOR following 25 year old despite being in large red font. I claimed Jing Chen was a 25 year old senior and not that she was 25 years old today. Form's state school reading comprehension at work. :happy:

Trivia question: How many girls that have attended UC Irvine have ever qualified for the NCAA tennis individual draw? :scratch: Hint: You won't need any fingers or toes.
Off the top of my head Kristina Smith's mother Maria represented UCI in the Division 1 NCAA singles tournament. Form should know this because I posted it several times in the past.

Looking it up the correct answer is 11 women. 2 qualified in Division 1 singles including Maria and 9 qualified in Divison 2.

Only an idiot doesn't know the answer to his own trivia question. :happy: :happy: :happy:

This reminds me of the time Form asked the trivia how many titles has the UCI head coach won? Form thought the answer was zero. I had to correct him that the answer was 11 titles as a head coach including winning 3 NCAA Division 2 national titles.

Another example when Form couldn't answer his own trivia question correctly. :facepalm: :happy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.