Hopman Cup 2013

41K views 111 replies 43 participants last post by  goOudinUSA 
#1 ·
#57 ·
thanks

#58 ·
the event give points for ranking?

#60 ·
I would love it if they'd consider Canada in the next few years...I mean with Milos being more and more popular and now that Genie is getting more and more known, that'd be a much better team then some of those. Much more popular too.

#63 ·
Djokovic and Ivanovic to play Hopman Cup,Wow!

#82 ·
Odds are out

Some really good value here

Serbia @ 1.90
Usa @ 5
Germany @ 9
France @ 11
Spain @ 15
South Africa @ 21
Italy @ 21
Australia @ 21

Serbia is the obvious favourite, but I don't think they are deadset winners. Djokovic should not lose, but Ivanovic is likely not going to win all her matches. Could come down to the doubles and neither are great doubles players as showed last year. Upset loss to Italy and not to make final.

Usa probably shouldn't be the second seeds. Venus has not done much since coming back from injury only the 1 tournament win & may struggle against AMG, Isner is coming up against 2 very good players who should beat him. I would be surprised if they make the final.

Germany are short odds. Petkovic is a good player but quite erratic. Haas is a veteran but may struggle. 1 win only.

France team built around Tsonga. Arguably in the weaker group. If johannson plays well they may have a chance to progress.

Spain. A experienced pair. Both solid singles players and play good doubles together. My pick to progress from there group

South Africa. Can't really seeing them doing much. Maybe 1 win.

Australia. Good experience and match practice for 2 young players. Possibly could cause an upset if Tomic's head is screwed back on.

Italy. Unbelievable. How can this team be such outsiders on the odds is beyond me.

My tip for the Final - Italy vs Spain
Spain to win.

#83 ·
Odds are out

Some really good value here

Serbia @ 1.90
Usa @ 5
Germany @ 9
France @ 11
Spain @ 15
South Africa @ 21
Italy @ 21
Australia @ 21

Serbia is the obvious favourite, but I don't think they are deadset winners. Djokovic should not lose, but Ivanovic is likely not going to win all her matches. Could come down to the doubles and neither are great doubles players as showed last year. Upset loss to Italy and not to make final.

Usa probably shouldn't be the second seeds. Venus has not done much since coming back from injury only the 1 tournament win & may struggle against AMG, Isner is coming up against 2 very good players who should beat him. I would be surprised if they make the final.

Germany are short odds. Petkovic is a good player but quite erratic. Haas is a veteran but may struggle. 1 win only.

France team built around Tsonga. Arguably in the weaker group. If johannson plays well they may have a chance to progress.

Spain. A experienced pair. Both solid singles players and play good doubles together. My pick to progress from there group

South Africa. Can't really seeing them doing much. Maybe 1 win.

Australia. Good experience and match practice for 2 young players. Possibly could cause an upset if Tomic's head is screwed back on.

Italy. Unbelievable. How can this team be such outsiders on the odds is beyond me.

My tip for the Final - Italy vs Spain
Spain to win.
Uh, what? We're talking about Schiavone and Seppi here.

#91 ·
I don't see why Serbia is so far ahead of America when to tell you the truth, if they played I think it would go like this:
Venus>Ana
Nole>John
USA>SRB :shrug:

I have no idea how Australia is above Italy and South Africa when IMO Barty and Tomic wouldn't win 1 Rubber against either team :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.