Tennis Forum banner

The Alexandra Panova Cheering Thread

116K views 1K replies 56 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 ·
I don't know if she has a thread already because I can't find it so I'm going to start one. :)

She's into the jr. RG quarterfinals! :D

1R: d. [8] Ioana Olaru 6-3 6-4 :eek:
2R: d. Marlot Meddens 6-3 6-2 :D
3R: d. Roxane Vaisemberg 6-2 6-1 :D

Now she plays the #2 seed Agnieszka Radwanska. Good luck Alexandra! :bounce:

#561 ·
Unfortunately, Sasha lost her QF against Radwanska in a 3rd set tiebreaker :sad:. Still good tourney though for reaching QF.

#564 ·
Guangzhou:

(8)Alize Cornet (FRA) v Alexandra Panova (RUS)
Olga Govortsova (BLR) v Q/LL
Q/LL v (wc)Ying-Ying Duan (CHN)
Q/LL v (3)Sorana Cirstea (ROU)

#568 ·
Sasha hit the ITF circuit, last week she was unlucky with the draw, as being nr 1 seed in Joue-les-Tours, she lost to upcoming Puig in 3 sets. Now she is in main draw for Limoges 50K and she is 1st seed there as well, but not lucky again with her draw. She plays Amanmouradova, who has not had a good year, but is not an easy first round for Sasha. Good luck, Sasha :yeah:

#569 ·
Update: Sasha defeated Akgul, 4 & 2, but was upset by eventual finalist, Maryna Zanevska, 4 & 1.

At 100K Poitiers, Sasha was the #6 seed, but was upset by WC Aravane Rezai, 67(2) 62 46.

#570 ·
This will pretty much end Sasha's year I think. She's not on any EL for the next weeks, so she might take a rest now. Pretty good year for Sasha, finishing in TOP 100 first time and reaching WTA final for the first time :yeah:. Hopefully she can continue this in 2013 and hopefully she will get some Grand slam MD wins.

#572 · (Edited)
Sasha is on the EL for Brisbane qualies.

Sasha had her best year last year, ending it in the Top 100 for the first time.
2012 91
2011 119

Let's see how she does in 2013.

#575 ·
Her draw:

(3)Alexandra Panova (RUS) v Karin Knapp (ITA)
(wc)Bojana Bobusic (AUS) v (wc)Arina Rodionova (RUS)
Kurumi Nara (JPN) v Estrella Cabeza Candela (ESP)
Teliana Pereira (BRA) v (6)Kristyna Pliskova (CZE)

If Sasha brings the form she had from early last year, she should get through her first two opponents easily--the qualifying spot should come down to her and Kris Pliskova.

She has a 2-0 record against her first opponent, Karin Knapp, who she played twice last year.

#579 ·
Sasha :facepalm:. Now 50 qualifying points from AO coming up, which she has to defend in MD, after that in Feb the final from last year in Colombia coming off, lot to defend the next 2 months, to keep her top 100 ranking alive.

#583 ·
Sydney qualifying:

(1)Sabine Lisicki (GER) v Estrella Cabeza Candela (ESP)
Paula Ormaechea (ARG) v Melanie Oudin (USA)
Karolina Pliskova (CZE) v Alexandra Panova (RUS)
Johanna Larsson (SWE) v (7)Pauline Parmentier (FRA)

This is another great draw for her; it remains to be seen if she will take advantage. She was lucky to draw Karo Plis instead of Kris-- this is doable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.