Babos, Timea

138K views 1K replies 55 participants last post by  Penc 
#1 · (Edited)
BABOS, Timea (HUN)

Birth Date: 10/05/1993,
Birth Place: Sopron, Hungary,
Residence: Sopron, Hungary,
Nationality: Hungary,
Plays: Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)

ITF Junior Ranking
Current Combined: 3 (11 May 2009)
Career High Combined: 3 (13 Apr 2009)

WTA Ranking: not ranked (in progress, she has WTA points yet)

WIN - LOSS 2009 (11 May 2009)

Women Circuit: Singles 9/1, Doubles: 4/1
ITF Junior Tour: Singles 28/4, Doubles: 15/4
Tennis Europe Cups: Singles 6/0, Doubles: 6/0

See less See more
#35 ·
Re: Babos Timea

On my youtube account, I have posted Timea during her semis in Wimbly, unfortunately she was injured.
A few photos as well:

#46 ·

Babos taking inspiration from Oudin success

If you ask Timea Babos of Hungary where she’s taking her inspiration from during this US Open junior girls’ tournament, she’ll tell you Melanie Oudin.

The 16-year-old Babos recalls that in last year’s US Open junior competition she lost to the then second-seeded Oudin in a straight set first-round loss.
Babos has followed the 17-year-old Oudin’s incredible run in the women’s main draw this past week. Oudin, not that long ago playing as a junior, has reached the US Open quarterfinals with wins over No.4 Elena Dementieva, former U.S. Open champion Maria Sharapova, and No.13 Nadia Petrova in the last three rounds.

“I’m very happy for her and, hopefully, in one or two years I’m going to do the same as her,” Babos said of her former junior colleague. “I am preparing for that.”

Babos made a good start on her 2009 US Open junior campaign by posting a 63 64 first round victory over Elina Svitolina of the Ukraine on Monday.

“I think my groundstrokes were pretty good today,” Babos said. “My serve could be better because usually that’s my biggest advantage in my game. Altogether, it was a good match, but it could be better.”

Babos, who is coached by her father, has recently moved to England to train at the Gosling Academy.
This season, she has played three ITF $10,000 events in Britain, winning one and reaching the final of two, which has earned her a No. 738 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour ranking.

“It was a little strange because some ladies were twice older than me,” said Babos, of playing in the $10,000 level events. “I was the new little kid and they didn’t know who I am, and I didn’t know everyone. But I think to play in these type of tournaments, and the junior Grand Slams, is best.”
Babos’ immediate dream is to win her first Grand Slam junior trophy this week at the US Open.
“That would be amazing,” she said. “This year, I’ve played a lot of tournaments, won a lot of tournaments, and I’m just playing better all the time. To win a junior Grand Slam could be the biggest thing of the year.”

Timea Babos interview - Day 2 US Open 2009 (MP3 format)

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=20439

#48 · (Edited)

Osaka Mayor's Cup - World Super Junior Tennis Championships 2009, Grade A
Dates : 19 Oct to 25 Oct 2009
Venue : Osaka, Japan
Surface :Hard

Timea BABOS (HUN) (2) defeated Shoko YAMAMOTO (JPN) 6-3 6-2
Timea BABOS (HUN) (2) defeated Hua-Chen LEE (TPE) 6-1 6-3
Timea BABOS (HUN) (2) defeated Kanyapat NARATTANA (THA) (15) 6-2 6-2
Timea BABOS (HUN) (2) defeated Emi MUTAGUCHI (JPN) (12) 6-3 6-0
Timea BABOS (HUN) (2) defeated Sachie ISHIZU (JPN) (10) 6-1 6-1

Final

Kristina MLADENOVIC (FRA) (1) defeated Timea BABOS (HUN) (2) 7-6(5) 6-3

BABOS (HUN) / MLADENOVIC (FRA) (1) defeated BARANSKA (POL) / DEIGMAN (GBR) 6-2 6-0
BABOS (HUN) / MLADENOVIC (FRA) (1) defeated BORTHWICK (GBR) / SCOTT (USA) 7-5 6-1
BABOS (HUN) / MLADENOVIC (FRA) (1) defeated MUTAGUCHI (JPN) / OMAE (JPN) (7) 6-2 6-4
BABOS (HUN) / MLADENOVIC (FRA) (1) defeated KATO (JPN) / TSUJI (JPN) 6-1 6-1

Final

BABOS (HUN) / MLADENOVIC (FRA) (1) defeated GRAGE (DEN) / ZHENG (CHN) (5) 6-2 7-5

#53 · (Edited)

$10,000 Sunderland 2009

Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Claire LABLANS (NED) 6-3 6-4
Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Lara MICHEL (SUI) 6-2 6-2
Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Piia SUOMALAINEN (FIN) 6-1 7-6(3)
Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Jade CURTIS (GBR) (1) 6-3 6-4

Final

Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Matea MEZAK (CRO) (5) 7-6(2) 6-4

#60 · (Edited)

$10,000 Jersey 2009

Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Elixane LECHEMIA (FRA) (8) 6-1 7-6(6)
Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Stamatia FAFALIOU (GRE) 6-3 6-2
Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Stephanie VONGSOUTHI (FRA) (1) 6-3 6-4
Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Kinnie LAISNE (FRA) (3) 6-4 6-3

Final

Timea BABOS (HUN) lost to Matea MEZAK (CRO) (6) 2-6 3-6

Doubles

BABOS (HUN) / EJDESGAARD (DEN) (4) BYE

BABOS (HUN) / EJDESGAARD (DEN) (4) defeated NOWAK (GER) / THOMPSON (NGR) 6-3 6-0
BABOS (HUN) / EJDESGAARD (DEN) (4) defeated REN (GBR) / REN (GBR) 6-2 6-2

Final

BERTENS (NED) / HARMSEN (NED) (3) defeated BABOS (HUN) / EJDESGAARD (DEN) (4) 7-5 7-5

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.