Tennis Forum banner

Random Posts/miscellaneous/anything Petra :)

65K views 722 replies 58 participants last post by  Pharaoh's Curse 
#1 · (Edited)
I hope you don't mind me starting a new thread :scared:.

I thought we could put miscellaneous stuff in here, plus any questions we may have or anything else we want to talk about.

What d'ya think?

I'll start it off by saying "I've got A row seats for Eastbourne on the Wednesday for Centre Court" :bounce::bounce::bounce: and I'm hoping to see Petra there :unsure: ). I can't wait :bounce:

If, by any chance, you don't want this thread in here, let me know and I'll delete it.

#337 ·
Have occasionally wondered if God had some sort of foolproof filter on His omniscience by which He could screen out minor nonsense that wouldn't have any significant impact on the universe.My guess is that He doesn't pay much,or ANY,attention to what happens daily at TF....However,if He DID deign to waste His time by checking out the threads here,then He would rate THIS thread as either the best,or in the upper elite,at TF in terms of chatworthiness

#341 ·
:DThere will be an attractive young lady called 'Steni';) at the entrance to your locker room with a supply of heart rate stabilisers for you . Currently 'Steni';) is the North American client manager who handles all female:angel: clients in the sports world needing such essential supplies…..

:cheer:On the eye candy front : For male spectators (and also certain female spectators)seeing doubles is more enjoyable, as they get to see two girls;) running around on court lunging at balls in there ‘barely there’:angel: tennis outfits;) …so you really should not be complaining about doubles:D … you should be looking forward :pto your double matches and making sure you have your best ‘barely there’ ;)outfits on display….

:DOver the Christmas break I was killing myself with laughter :sobbing:when my cuz’s daughter who plays tennis for her college team in NYC recounted the details of their female coach who is not ‘straight’ paying them far too much of attention:tape: not just during practice sessions, coaching and during matches but also in the locker rooms:)….. :lol:just trying to imagine / picture 'you' in such a situation…:hysteric:.

#343 ·
I won 61 63 :drool: :hysteric:

yes, we had quite a spectator crowd gathered since we were on court 1 and it was a good match...however I'm afraid the straps of my dress were far too wide to inspire any kind of crowd support :sad:

#344 ·
I won 61 63 :drool: :hysteric:
:cheer::aparty:
yes, we had quite a spectator crowd gathered since we were on court 1 and it was a good match...however I'm afraid the straps of my dress were far too wide to inspire any kind of crowd support :sad:
:oh::hysteric: answer is quite simple - just take a leaf out of Marsha, Little Marsha or Miss VIP's book ...:drool: ....lose those wide straps...or raise the hem line...:rolls:

#347 ·
I thought I fended him off quite well :sobbing: no offense ofc AM...but really I promise I'm not so wonderful to be flirted with over the internet by anyone. ;)

I'm just glad I got a trophy. They had like 30 of them all lined up and I thought, if I don't get one, I really suck.

#348 ·
I thought I fended him off quite well :sobbing: no offense ofc AM...but really I promise I'm not so wonderful to be flirted with over the internet by anyone. ;)
Well,a sweet personality--which you have:angel:--goes a surprisingly long way with men of discernment,even regardless of looks...and you are probably like many other sweet gals who give an overly-humble assessment of themselves.However,what with the fact that I'm much older than you,it doesn't really matter precisely how 'wonderful' you are....I was just trying to keep things honorable here in the thread.

I'm NOT saying that you can't handle yourself,Net,but I'll give you some background since you first came here while Moose was away on a 3-month,court-ordered drug rehab.He's not really a bad guy,per se,as in 'lowlife' or 'scumbag',but you're only dreaming if you think that you 'fended him off' merely with that post.Moose is one of those young horny boys who'd chase after almost ANY gal in a tennis dress...and that's when he's SOBER.......When he's been drinking or going too heavily on the Mushrooms,Moose will offer his companionship to Carla Suarez Navarro types because he's too intoxicated to distinguish them from Andrea Petkovic:lol:.The next day,when he brags to his friends how he took Petkovic back to his hotel room,the ones who were a bit soberer the previous night do their best to not burst out laughing:haha: when they explain to Moose what REALLY happened.

Still,as you can read for yourself,Moose's creativity and imagination are a great aspect of this Petra subforum,so we're better off when he's here and not on in-patient rehab;)

#350 ·
Okay,Shifty and others--it's time for me to take a kick in the teeth from Flacco cuz he proved me wrong.Even if the tough 49ers defense rattles him in the SB,he stepped up big-time in back to back weeks by beating legendary QBs on their home fields.

Don't know if he'll ever be as dependable and consistent as the truly elite QBs,but he's shown enough this postseason to demonstrate that he can win high-pressure games and lead his team....Way to go,Joe:worship:

#351 ·
I'm busy with NHL, i didn't watched Flaco vs Brady fight, tho he outplayed him in last year too but they lost it. Joe will always be Fluk-O, he can play 2-3 great games and then put on stinker worse than Sanchez can but if he wins SB, i will give him his props. I was more impressed with Kaepernick and happy for L.James, he played big time showing that Oregon glory is not a fluke:worship:

btw, 49ers vs Ravens i wanted it last year, hell, even bet that they will meet last year but it was Eli vs Brady show instead:eek:

#352 ·
'Fluke' is not the correct term here,Shifty,because it implies that someone played over his head...as with that great season that Derek Anderson had for the Browns...what was it,4 years ago??Flacco's problems have been well detailed by me:lol:,and they may still continue throughout his career.He may remain inconsistent as you touched on,but he meets the basic standards for Starting QB,which are: Is he good enough to raise his team to victory with his play?...and;Does he make his team clearly better than they'd be w/o him if they had,say,a journeyman QB?The answer to both questions is 'yes'.

It's funny how the confidence from going all the way can help a player get mentally stronger;perhaps that will be the case with Flacco next season if the Ravens win the SB.He's already accomplished something that the great majority of QBs will never come CLOSE to doing: He beat,and outplayed,two legendary HOFers on the road--in bad weather conditions--in consecutive playoff games.There are LOTS of more-hyped,more-talented(in terms of God-given ability) QBs who are sitting at home right now.

To ME,the key is pass protection;if the 49ers manage to harass Flacco often,then our chances will be very slim.However,there are some holes in the Niners' pass defense so,if our O-line can man up,we've got a really good shot at taking this

#353 ·
At least you can't complain, he lead team to playoffs each season he started, my teams are well not so fortunate. I don't have any particular issue with Joe, i just don't believe he can lead the team, he doesn't really inspire offensive side, Ravens fortune enough to have great veterans like Ray or Ed who can get everyone accountable, he will be more successful when he starts doing this but until then it always be to me Ravens go as defense goes, now you can add Ray Rice to this mix

#354 ·
You're missing the point,Shifty;he HAS led the team by beating Manning and Brady.I'll agree that he's nowhere near the emotional leader that some of our other guys are,but certain players lead quietly,by their actions,and let others take the more vocal roles.

He might bomb out in the SB,but he's at least shown that he's capable in the bigger games...it's more a question of how consistent he can be.....gotta run for a couple hours:wavey:

#355 ·
Congratulations to all fans of Andy Murray (including you Petronius, do the Czech Connection). Murray should have won it in 3 sets. However he got passive at times (though played aggressive and took his opportunities most of the match), made some costly key-easy errors, and Federer to his credit, hung in there to stretch it to 5 sets.

I hope he beats Novak.

#356 ·
The men's AO final was pre-empted on ESPN because the Swedish log-rolling championships were re-scheduled for that very hour.The original airing of the Swedish championships was postponed because the president's granddaughter couldn't find her teddy bear...and she ALWAYS watches TV with her teddy...so the prez used his executive power in calling the log-rolling organizers and having them postpone until either Teddy could be found....or an exact duplicate--one similar enough to fool the brat--could be procured

#357 ·
There's no hostility towards Vika--none whatsoever,but I have a vested cheering interest in Li for the women's final.I really can't say WHY in open forum because it might offend a couple folks.However,I'm sure that YOU will be interested,Shifty;),so I'll send you a PM with the relevant details if Li wins

#361 ·
:inlove: ;)

#365 ·
Okay,I'm looking for some impartial input here because I fail to meet that criterion.You should be up front if you like/hate either the Ravens or 49ers...

Personally,I can honestly say w/o fear of divine punishment that I wouldn't make that holding call EVEN IN A REGULAR SEASON GAME in THAT situation with the game on the line.Even though the catchability of a pass is not a criterion for defensive holding--as it is for pass interference--it's well known that the refs are allowed SOME degree of discretionary power,and I don't think that Jerome Boger's crew will receive any discipline or sanctioning AT ALL from the NFL's officiating department.They probably would've thrown the flag if Crabtree had had a reasonable chance to catch the ball.The throw that AYE saw landed about 2 yards out of bounds so Crabtree would've had to make a superb catch while dragging both feet in bounds...IF he could've even done THAT(based on the velocity of Kapernick's errant throw).Perhaps Crabtree could've broken loose earlier if his prissy ass spent more hours in the weight room and less time getting his nails manicured.He's gonna learn the hard way that,when you bitch and whine from the opening kickoff,the referees become FAR less inclined to listen by the 4th quarter.

....Which leads me to his head coach,who sets such a horrible example for his team,especially his younger players.Jim Harbaugh should coach in the "L"FL so that he could get vaginal hygiene advice,for his monthly cycle,from the players there:lol:.Older brother John can get hotheaded sometimes but,compared to Jim,he's practically Tom Landry.It's pathetic,and even disgraceful,for a coach who's an ex-player to bitch and whine NON-STOP from the 1st quarter on.That crap might be okay with big-name coaches in the COLLEGE ranks;in the NFL,it simply DOES...NOT...WORK.What's worse,he loudly complains even about obvious calls that 99.9% of the non-blind public would agree with....The refs are only human so,by the time the 4th Quarter rolls around,they're more than ready to let ANY borderline call go against the 49ers just to send the jackass home with a loss: In some situations,he's HURTING HIS TEAM.I understand that he's a talented coach but,if I were the Niners' front office,I'd tell Harbaugh that being a whiny punk isn't the sort of role model they expected from a head coach.

Quite frankly,I'd say that HE cost them the title;that was two games in a row where the 49ers weren't mentally prepared at the start of the game,and THIS time they fell into too deep of a hole to come back all the way(some of the playcalling was boneheaded,too,though that's far from the biggest issue here).In the regular season,he spent weeks talking about getting 'revenge' against the NYG for last season's NFC title loss.He created more of a collegiate--actually,more like 'juvenile':rolleyes:--than professional locker-room atmosphere.By the time game week arrived,the 49ers were so OVER-hyped that they lacked any discipline on the field.Losing to the NYG is no embarrassment;getting totally outclassed...on your home field...when YOU are the better team...certainly IS shameful.Harbaugh needs to grow up or this is going to be a recurring problem.It's not like the 49ers are guaranteed to eventually win a SB.Does anyone remember that Titans squad that fell a yard short in SB 34??They never got that close again,despite having great talent

At this stage,I'd call the 49ers a major threat for next year's SB but,from a 'luck' standpoint,this year was almost ideal for them.People forget how Colin was totally shut down by the Seahawks' defense,and he didn't do much in two games vs. the Rams slightly-above-average D.In the playoffs,the Niners had the good fortune of facing GB's swiss-cheese defense and Atlanta's below-average unit;there just aren't many dominant defenses in the league right now.Even OUR unit is more bend-but-don't-break,unlike the overpowering defenses we've had in the past.Now,def. co-ordinators will have the entire off-season to dissect the Read-Option more,so Colin will have to grow as a QB;all that talk comparing him to Montana was laughably premature.The Niners were the better team(as was Denver);they SHOULD'VE beaten us...though I feel that Peyton Manning would've picked apart SF's secondary even more than Flacco did(after doing the same to NE in a hypothetical Denver-NE matchup).For all his blame-the-refs crying,it brings a smile to my face knowing that prick Jim Harbaugh will stew this entire offseason from coming SOOO close...and knowing that HE blew it:devil:

#382 ·

Since i'm sober, ok, i'll try:lol: it was for the song not the news;)

Also, I like the fact that Chip is upfront about his plans for offense, QB competition and other things but not definitive enough leaving some breathing room for his actions

#384 ·
:DPost-mortem of the Paris debacle..and investigation ...

:)
Of course, I'm really looking forward to coming to Paris," Kvitova said. "I have always had a great time playing there, especially in 2011 when I won the title there and beat Kim. I feel comfortable there so hope I can get some good matches.""My goal is just to play matches," she added. "I want to be relaxed on the court and take a different approach after some tough results in Australia.

"I am coming with my best friend and my coach David is staying at home, so I hope it will be fun and I can play some good tennis again. I am also hoping to play doubles, which is something rare for me, so I hope that will be fun too!"
I got what you weren't saying? I just didn't make the leap.

Is Petra rooming with Veronica(Camille)? Or you just took the leap to bring up your question, then you threw in the current player being "worn out" for added measure (kinda out the blue)? :(

No, I don't know the protocol. But remember (if you're asking), Adam, traveled with Petra to Linz last year--sans Kotyza, and she won it. :lol:

Nonetheless, I have no idea, what their sleeping arrangements were (though I assume they were in the same room).

I'm sure a good coach, would recommend against it, unless you're married like a Federer.

Most times when Kotyza travels with Petra, they were usually in the same room (especially when Ivanko was there), so I doubt any funny business took place.

Their many group/room/hotel photos verified this. But that's just them.
Huh!?

You talking about Petra's friend Veronica (Camille)? :eek: :lol: :eek:

Cause as far as we know, thats the only person she's with, not Adam (unless you're joking of course. or have some stunning news to update us on). :eek: :tape: :eek:
:DUpdate.....

#386 ·
Okay,I don't mind if any Sabine fans post their complaints here,but please offer some solid EVIDENCE instead of mere adolescent,'You're being mean to Sabine:(' whining.

I recall from my youth many years ago when Graf defeated Sabatini in a final.I can't remember where it was,but Steffi ran off the court immediately after the match(having quickly explained to an umpire/handler/someone that she was suffering badly from cramps).To my knowledge,Steffi never came back out for a post-match interview or any trophy ceremony(but I might be mistaken).Although the crowd had been sort of cruelly partial in Sabatini's favor,no one questioned Graf's explanation for leaving the court(and I'd say that she deserved the benefit of the doubt),and she was never fined or reprimanded.My point is that--if you're really,REALLY sick or injured--you're not obligated to do the post-match presser or attend the trophy ceremony.

....And then we had the Memphis final yesterday,where Erakovic just smacked Lisicki all over the court in a 6-1 first set.By virtually all eyewitness accounts,Sabine was moving around normally and didn't appear to be physically ailing at all.Then,at the end of the embarrassing set vs. someone ranked much,much lower,it appeared that Sabine's nerves kicked in and she got a bad case of the shits,possibly even diarrhea,and gave the ticket-paying fans the 360th default of her career.

What's most appalling is that she was so willing to QUIT,once again,and THIS time in a Tour final,and yet she "recuperated" from her life-threatening illness in time to pose for the trophy photo shoot with a broad 'gal smiley' grin:rolleyes:.Forgive me if I see a HUGE credibility problem here;if Sabine had been THAT sick,to the point of quitting in a final,then no one would've complained had she allowed Erakovic to pose by herself with the championship trophy.I'm not saying that Sabine is a bad PERSON,in any way but,as a PLAYER,she's a pathetic joke...and the WTA will be a joke to many sports fans as long as they continue to spew B.S. excuses for underachieving phonies like the Ana's and Sabine's on the tour.Fans of other sports are free to comment,but I can't think of ANY others--certainly not the NFL,NHL,or NBA--where the league office coddles spoiled,undermotivated stars who constantly contrive excuses for why they can't perform.

If the WTA is unwilling,with its press comments,to hold such mentally-fragile divas accountable,then they should do the next best thing by giving them the bare minimum coverage;'so-and-so won/lost by such-and-such a score'--and that's it!Being ignored by the media is the worst punishment that such shallow cover-girl types could receive;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.