Tennis Forum banner

Random Posts/miscellaneous/anything Petra :)

65K views 722 replies 58 participants last post by  Pharaoh's Curse 
#1 · (Edited)
I hope you don't mind me starting a new thread :scared:.

I thought we could put miscellaneous stuff in here, plus any questions we may have or anything else we want to talk about.

What d'ya think?

I'll start it off by saying "I've got A row seats for Eastbourne on the Wednesday for Centre Court" :bounce::bounce::bounce: and I'm hoping to see Petra there :unsure: ). I can't wait :bounce:

If, by any chance, you don't want this thread in here, let me know and I'll delete it.

#302 ·
The Texans don't have the same widespread following that the Cowboys do in my country,but my neighbor is a big fan.I think that I might get him a cap when I stop in El Paso on the way home...even though his team is performing one of the most pathetic December chokes by a former wannabe top seed in recent memory....No comment on Romo and the Cowpukes cuz yesterday was par for the course,for them,to close the season:lol:

#303 ·
Last day of the season was rich for me. Chargers, Colts, Minnesota, Bears, Bengals, Skins and Panthers all won. I don't get why Cam can't play big time from start of the season, hope in his junior year he can be better. Chargers and Bears mess too, it's kinda embarrassing for Bears after 7-1 start finishing 10-6 and not making playoffs. Eagles were horrible, Andy should have started Edwards instead of Michael, tho i thought Vick can pull fast one on Giants:eek:

#304 ·
Not at all unusual for young QBs to be inconsistent;in fact,we can probably expect some ugly games from Luck,RG3 and Seattle's young fellow once def. co-ordinators have had a full offseason to look at tapes and scheme against them.Even Montana had a drop-off in his 2nd full season as a starter after the Niners won their first SB.It wasn't a HUGE drop-off,but it was a noticeable decline from the previous year....he was a quick learner,though,as that was the last time he ever looked young and raw.

The Bears aren't THAT disappointing,IMO,because they simply aren't that good;10-6 is a nice season for such an ordinary team.Chicago has a couple top-flight stars who carry them to a better record than the team's overall talent might normally produce.They have some dependable role players,too but,even though it's a drag to miss the playoffs after starting 7-1,I can't think of any NFC playoff teams who are inferior to the Bears...and they would've almost been guaranteed to go one-and-done even if they HAD made the playoffs.....Don't get me wrong: I like their work ethic and how they overachieved;I'm no Bears-hater...I just don't think they're too special as a team:shrug:

#305 ·
Cam first season now looks not that great when you see what Russel, RG3 and Luck have done but i'm not that hard on Cam because Panthers is not that great team, tho for some losses i blame Cam because he can be Cam from the start but not just when there's nothing on the line, because even with a bad team he won games vs tough opponents but loosing to KC and Tampa just horrible, maybe this is problem with offensive coordinator who tries to push his calls but then gives up and hand offense to Cam, also defense gave up some big big leads. Still it's up to Cam to decide what to do on the field, so he needs to be Cam from game one.

Bears is good and tough team, so i'm not sure they would be one and done. Bears have Top5 defense despite being really old, Cutler is tough and i get they have some problems with injuries. When you look at their record they only lost to big time teams but at that time Bears could have challenged them, especially stupid loss to Seattle in OT or horrible performance vs GB at home. Loss to GB was real disappointment and because of that the season, that was one game they could not afford to lose. Bears just flat out missed opportunity to be in playoffs.

Also, 10-6 team missing playoffs speaks volumes about level of competition because at one time it was possibility that disgrace Jets with horrible record could end up in playoffs but football was saved:lol:

#306 ·
Let me clarify a bit: The Bears are a good team,but not a VERY good team---one of those teams that comes close to making the playoffs yet just misses...which is exactly where they are.Six teams make the playoffs from each conference,and the Bears are,in the eyes of most,inferior to five of the NFC squads.Your best argument might be against the Redskins,who did the flip job(from 3-6 to 7-0 in their final seven games) on what the Bears did(from 7-1 to 3-5 in their final eight).

It certainly wouldn't be anywhere close to unanimous amongst neutral parties;the fairest statement would be that the Bears were about equal to the Skins,IMO...Chicago's strength is their 'D' while it's the 'O' that leads the way in Washington.As for the two weak links,I'd say that the Skins' D was more reliable than the Bears' offense(Cutler makes them look better than they really are: the WRs rarely get separation but,luckily for them,Jay can pass on a dime sometimes...plus his passing opens things up for the slightly-overrated Forte...the pass protection remains abysmal at times).

Having said all that,the NYG are better than either of those two but they paid the price for not respecting the sport enough.All that 'blah,blah,blah...' B.S. about turning it on whenever they reached the playoffs never came to pass cuz they took too many weeks off and it came back to bite them.Aside from playing a shitty 2nd half vs. the Steelers(when they were supposedly trying to win for the Hurricane Sandy victims:rolleyes:),there were three pathetic,unprofessional efforts vs. Cincy,Atlanta and Baltimore.If they can win another SB with a low seeding,congrats to them!...but I'll bet you that they don't f--k around as much NEXT year having pissed away the chance to defend their SB crown

#307 ·
In a way i agree but also no. i think Chicago is on of the top teams in second echelon but not now. Bears D now too old with bunch of injured players and they never fixed offensive line while Lovie was there, this led to alot of problems and injuries on offense, they need to update they team to even come close to this years record, cause D played good for Lovie, i'm not sure new coach would be treated with the same respect and dedication from them.

NYG are another story but i thin they're more fixable, also Coughlin wants to be consistent all season and not only in Cinderella story games

#308 ·
The Giants deserve to be in anguish this postseason by watching teams that they could've beaten(IF they had played their best,of course)...that should serve as motivation for them next year

#315 ·
You see,to ME,that wouldn't be a bad ending,but some of our square-headed posters can't grasp your vision so they'd get an inferiority complex as if they were being left out.....As for the specific title you cited,I'm not sure if you could fit all those words in the space allotted:lol:

#316 ·
A lot of commentators have a habit of shining GB's helmet(that's an idiom,in case some of you non-native speakers didn't know).I can understand why b/c they have an elite QB and look stylishly impressive when clicking on all cylinders.However,they choked away a shot at a bye only the week prior so it's not like they're on some great roll or anything.Further,it's much,much easier to stack the line on Adrian Peterson when wishbone-caliber QB Joe Webb is at the controls.He's not much of a threat to hurt you when the game is outdoors and in cold weather,especially if there's a breeze.I'll be quite impressed if GB wins this weekend;to ME,their only good shot will be if Kaepernick panics and makes a few key,bonehead plays.If he merely avoids costly mistakes,then I really like SF's chances.

Likewise,Seattle's defense almost had an off day once RG3 re-injured his knee in the 1st Quarter;without Griffin's mobility(not to mention that he couldn't plant at all while throwing),Washington's offense is quite ordinary,even weak sometimes.Still,Seattle has a decent shot vs. Atlanta,IMO: Not only do the Falcons struggle to run the ball,but their WRs can get pushed around by physical DBs like Seattle's.The key might be how Wilson copes with the Atlanta pass rush.Seattle's 'O' was unimpressive vs. a below-average Redskins defense,and I believe that any rookie QB is almost destined to drop off at some point in a playoff run.Having said that,the Seahawks might pull it out vs. perennial playoff jokes Atlanta,but the fun times come to an ugly end when SF's D gears up for the rematch in 2 weeks.

#317 ·
I have no doubt that GB loses, they have pathetic defense and having Rodgers is not enough. 49ers will eat them alive, i'm not sure if Kaepernick would be a factor at all as long as he didn't fumbles the ball, i even bet some money on 49ers defense to score some points on GB

Seattle is next hot team after Denver or even first, since Denver had week off, defense is tough and athletic enough, they definitely will have a chance, also Atlanta has the worst run defense in the league, so scoring points and milking clock would be easy for Seattle since Wilson and Lynch combo as good as Skins, on top of that Atlanta's horrible record in playoffs but this Georgia Dome, so maybe Mattie Ice will prove he's worthy.

Actually i'm disappointed with all games played in WC weekend. Bengals vs Texans was a mess, Minnesota was horrible and GB didn't done anything impressive except holding Peterson to less than 100yrds. Colts vs Ravens, only good thing was Ray Lewis with his performance and proper sendoff, everything else was boring and not impressive even Ray Rice. Skins vs Seattle wasn't tough, explosive battle of Rookie QBs who's games very similar. I hope divisional playoff would be more interesting with some unexpected results

#318 ·
Seattle is hot,but there's a limit to 'hotness';even legends don't win SBs in their rookie QB seasons,and Wilson will be no different...probably won't even make it.However,a great foundation has been laid in Seattle,and we're looking at a potentially awesome rivalry in the NFC West

#319 · (Edited)
Seattle is hot,but there's a limit to 'hotness';even legends don't win SBs in their rookie QB seasons,and Wilson will be no different...probably won't even make it.However,a great foundation has been laid in Seattle,and we're looking at a potentially awesome rivalry in the NFC West
so much for my Skins vs Colts SB prediction:sobbing: actually it would be hilarious if Seattle makes even to SB, considering all the talk about how 5'10 QB can't be successful in the league.

if i thing about this, they can make it if they beat Atlanta. In game vs 49ers it's all comes down which defense can make more plays and they're 1-1 this season in h2h meeting, vs GB if GB somehow beats 49ears, Seattle 1-0 but this win was at home, so it all comes down to Wilson's ability to play his best at freezing Lambeau field and this is tough. AFC kinda more predictable, it all comes down to good old days Payton vs Brady

btw, Quack On!! Kelly stays once more with Oregon:worship:

#325 ·
A few comments about yesterday:
All that BLAH,BLAH,BLAH about GB's being a big SB threat turned out to be pure goat manure:rolleyes:...just as I insinuated a few posts above.There's no excuse for a defense with that much raw talent to play so horribly.Def. co-ordinator Dom Capers was lucky to keep his job after the collapse in the second half of LAST season,and I can't see how he survives this.All the blabbing over how awesome Kaepernick supposedly is(just an alibi for the GB ass-kissers who are wiping their noses in shame now)doesn't hide the fact that SF's offense has struggled to score at times even with Colin,and they haven't put up THOSE kinds of numbers vs. ANYone.I also feel that head coach Mike McCarthy is a decent X's and O's guy yet there have been WAY too many games like these when GB came out and got embarrassed.The poor mental preparation reflects directly on the coaching staff.

As for SF,I'm glad they won but let's not forget that Adrian Peterson saved them a second trip to Green Bay--THIS time in the freezing winter--with his effort in the Vikes' defeat of the Pack at the end of the reg. season.Despite GB's atrocious defense,this past game was tied about halfway thru the 3rd.Playing at home likely would've inspired GB's veterans to reach down and grab some resolve to not disgrace themselves so much....plus the cold DEFINITELY would've bothered Kaepernick,and I can say that b/c I saw how many times he bobbled or fumbled the ball up in New England a couple weeks ago.I didn't bother checking the weather report in GB yesterday,but ANY sort of nice weather would've been almost a complete fluke:lol:.Yeah,Colin shows a lot of promise;however,that Int. that Shields ran back for a TD was totally overlooked in the victory's aftermath.NEXT time,the rookie-caliber mistake might happen at a critical juncture

#326 ·
Final word from me on yesterday:
Though I'm proud of my team for pulling out a win under tough conditions,Denver's safety,Moore,really DID blow the game,as he candidly admitted afterwards,to his credit.If Moore had either covered the WR instead of watching the ball...or better calculated the pass' trajectory(as he SHOULD have,as a DB),then we would've likely done no better than an incomplete pass and would've lost the game.I read a moron columnist who blamed Manning's 3 TOs for the loss,but only the last of those was his fault(the first Int. was an unlucky,tipped ball that went thru the WRs hands).Yeah,Peyton made an awful mistake on that last toss but the game should've been won well before that point.

Jon Fox will forever be a 'B' or 'B minus' coach until he learns how to prep his team for a big game(let's distinguish between 'B' coaches and 'B plus' or 'A minus' coaches like Jeff Fisher or Bill Cowher who lack the strategic brilliance of other coaches yet nearly always extract a motivated effort out of their guys).I remember how the Cardinals went into Carolina 4 years ago in the NFC semifinals and just humiliated a favored Panthers team.One could argue all the blah,blah,blah about how that Cards' team was hot and on a roll,a Team of Destiny...except Arizona really wasn't a better team,overall(they mostly exploited a few matchups to their advantage in that game),and they pretty much bitch-slapped Carolina all over their home field.Delhomme's interceptions played a huge part,of course,but it was more than that....Carolina just wasn't ready to play...and,other than Trindon Holliday and Manning,most of the Broncos looked out of sync and UNready to play,too...as if their week off had been a MONTH off.Further,it was a total chickenshit move that...with 31 seconds remaining...2 Timeouts...Manning at QB...and needing only a FG to win in regulation....Fox chose a kneeldown:facepalm:.That's a scared coach who's playing NOT TO LOSE instead of playing to win,and the players can feed,to their detriment,off such strong negative emotion.The weak,overly-conservative playcalling in the entire 2nd half was only a precursor to that cowardly decision.....okay,I'm out of here,folks:wavey:

#327 ·
I still can't get over the win by Ravens, i doubt them even when OT field goal was kicked. No matter what Ray said, to me on sideline at the end of 4th and few times in OT he looked like they already lost. Also, i'm kinda mad that Kaepernick broke VIck record for most rushing yards by QB in one game

#328 ·
Even if Ray had doubts(which is only human),he still PLAYED like a champion...unlike most of the Broncos who played scared.They still should've won the game,but maybe there's some poetic justice when cowards lose

#329 ·
Was sharing some stories with mi suegra of Paul's photos--where both opossum and lemur were mistaken for lost cats--in which well-intentioned idiots demonstrate their lack of education...but I couldn't remember the words for those two animals in Spanish because we never see them here,so it's out of sight,out of mind.....I'd better look up those names now before I forget again:lol:

#331 ·
First of all,a belated 'welcome back' to Arctic Moose:wavey:;I'm guessing that it was one of those shorter,3-month rehab sessions,huh?;)

As for you,Shifty,your post above is one of the sad,darker moments in the off-topic thread...as when Petronius felt like talking about Petra's dildo-ish manager,Cermosek,here:facepalm:.TIME ZONES???:zzz::zzz::zzz:...you can talk about Petra's match schedule in the main tourney threads,Shifty.Now that Moose is back,you may go to either him OR Paul for your magic mushroom supply and tell us NOT about time zones....but travels to other zones and dimensions of reality...........Just make sure that you have a high-quality batch of fungi,or else you'll wind up like one of those acid-users who go on a trip and never come back:eek::lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.