Tennis Forum banner

How can i get Davenport-like power?

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  tennisfan500 
#1 ·
Ok so here is my thing:I've watched matches of Lindsay lately and i was really amazed by her ,,easy" power.What i want to know is how can i try to get that same power(if possible).Do i need to get lower string tension on my racquet?Or change my technique?Any answer would be appreciated :p

#2 ·
Ok so here is my thing:I've watched matches of Lindsay lately and i was really amazed by her ,,easy" power.What i want to know is how can i try to get that same power(if possible).Do i need to get lower string tension on my racquet?Or change my technique?Any answer would be appreciated :p
Good point i go look up and see what string tension she used back in the day when she played and also, what string where they, also Lindsay was the type of player who took the ball early so keep studying and look at alot of her video online and then practice on your swings hope this helps ;)

#5 ·
Wow i didn't expect it would be 63/64 lbs.That's so much :lol: Currently My strings are at about 28 kg so...:lol: Anyway thanks for some answers :)

#8 ·
She could generate her own power so she kept the strings tight for her control. Any chance that you might grow taller than 6'
I don't know to tell u my height in feet so ill do it in metres ( :lol: ) I'm 1,83 m tall and 17 and a half years old :)

#13 ·
just go for your shots without hesitation. that's easier said than done but if you have the mentality to just play powerful, it will come

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.