682.Anet Kaasik
1029.Liina Suurvarik

Vittel:
1st round Kanepi d. (7)Schaul 6:1,6:0
2nd round Kanepi d. Kondratieva 6:1,7:5

Palermo:
1st Q-round (6)Ani d. Gehrlein 6:2,6:3

#1,895 ·
WD Mia. I kinew she had beaten Birgit which surprised me with the scoreline given how Birgit beat her at the Estonian Masters and then of course Erika beat Tatja again, but I thought this time Erika would win the final. Mia seems to continue to rule on Indoor Hard :lol: She seems to have improved also after she almost beat Luknarova in Helsinki :)

#1,910 ·
For Anett yes... I mean just play 2 matches and keep them in Group II and then not play Chiasso etc. Keeping Estonia in Group II is more important than playing random 25Ks which she probably will fail in :shrug:
I don't know why Kaia isn't playing... I mean I understand it is a trek but if she wants to play Olympics she will have to play and its better if she can just get them promoted and then it will be less tedious. I mean the players aren't that bad: Simmonds, Daniilidou, Marcinkevica etc. I don't think she'd beat all of them that convincingly...

#1,911 ·
It would be extremely stupid to play while injured and make it worse. Just like Kaia played Fed Cup in 2004 despite the injury, helped the team to WGII play-off and ruined entire season as a result. And playing would not be enough, she would have to win matches in both singles and doubles.

Most likely scenario is that Kaia will retire before Rio.

#1,912 ·
Anett's injury is A) not that serious and B) should have been healed by then. What injury may ensue from playing a match or two on a soft surface would be extremely minimal. Even just play Doubles in Ties where they would win a Singles match would be helpful: just going... I mean she would be training by the time of the tie if it was supposed to heal in 12-14 days...
I think that the same applies for Kaia, just being there would be helpful...

#1,913 ·
I think without Anett having only Kaia, it wouldn't be much help either, because it wouldn't be about being promoted to zone I, but surviving to stay in zone II. It's like Denmark with Wozniacki :shrug:

So next year maybe some of these girls (besides Anett, and Kaia should she decide to play) will have a better chance to get a win..

#1,920 ·
Lithuania won against South Africa so their chances are even smaller :(
I really think they could have won this. I mean I don't see why Julia lost: she has seemed to be better than Nour :shrug: I really think any of them in good form could have won that match :(
Eva did better than I expected and the Doubles was good :)