Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who are the least classiest players on tour?

24K views 225 replies 103 participants last post by  oliviasmith 
#1 ·
Inspired by the "classiest" thread :oh:

Serena, Shazzapova, Aza, Capriati, and Henin tied in my book :oh:

#173 ·
Shit happens. I seem to recall Sharapova directing an overhead at Serena in the AO 2007 final and hitting her. Was it nice? Nope. Classy? Definitely not. Does it speak to her overall character? Wouldn't say so. Nor does her "this is my home" or classless YEC 2004 final behaviour, or "allez up your fucking ass" or anything else. She gets a lot of passes and so should other players.

But I am not generally bothered by what people see as "classless" behaviour. Stop being so sensitive.

#176 ·
Serena (rage outbursts/threatening linejudge, threatened a couple of players as well, the mocking of Safina when she was #1, calling the other player a bitch during matches whenever she feels like it etc...).It's always a pain in the ass for her to aknowledge she lost a match cause her opponent was too good that day (perfect example : the "lucky shots" comment ala Federer).
maria (swearing at crowd/umpire, raised her hand when her opponent was serving and lied about it a couple of time, "this is my home" in face of Dani, the Golovin incident etc...)

They are both well trained PR machines but when they get derailed it becomes ugly.

#181 ·
Defining classy is quite the slippery concept, it seems. We can conclude that it is on the 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ' principle hence the tremendous difference in everybody's views on it.

maria (swearing at crowd/umpire, raised her hand when her opponent was serving and lied about it a couple of time, "this is my home" in face of Dani, the Golovin incident etc...)

They are both well trained PR machines but when they get derailed it becomes ugly.

Honey, this swearing has happened only twice; and the French crowd was gagging for it. Which are these 'a couple of time' please do enlighten me? I can only think of that Peer match but strangely there is not a single video showing the accident so it does not count. No receipts = never happened. 'This is my home' was truly vile. Golovin incident !?! Maria didn't even realise that Tatiana was on the floor at first, they had a brief exchange at the net and Pova did seem genuinly concerned. Not to mention that they went out on a date recently after that and seemed quite friendly. Excuse me but I will take Golovin's behaviour over your bitterness as an evidence. Martha ain't no saint that is for certain but do not lie when citing her classless outbursts.

#183 ·
Светльо;22491286 said:
Defining classy is quite the slippery concept, it seems. We can conclude that it is on the 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ' principle hence the tremendous difference in everybody's views on it.

Honey, this swearing has happened only twice; and the French crowd was gagging for it. Which are these 'a couple of time' please do enlighten me? I can only think of that Peer match but strangely there is not a single video showing the accident so it does not count. No receipts = never happened. 'This is my home' was truly vile. Golovin incident !?! Maria didn't even realise that Tatiana was on the floor at first, they had a brief exchange at the net and Pova did seem genuinly concerned. Not to mention that they went out on a date recently after that and seemed quite friendly. Excuse me but I will take Golovin's behaviour over your bitterness as an evidence. Martha ain't no saint that is for certain but do not lie when citing her classless outbursts.
:lol::lol::lol::lol: That incident really happened and I don't really know why Maria did it, she was never going to lose this match.
Anyway she was really young back then (19) so I think people can let this go.
As for what happened with the French crowd MASSIVE :lol: if anything, insulting them is the right approach and I know what I'm talking about. As soon as French crowd sees you as a victim you're screwed, Maria never let that happen and I'm really glad about the way she handled them.

Do you guys really think that Serena's tears in 2003 touched the audience, neither will those from 2012 btw and we will see that next year. This crowd is rude and the only way to interfere with them is acting rude as well.

#186 ·
Светльо;22491286 said:

Everything I wrote are well known facts.One thing though on the Golovin match : Maria realized Tati was badly injured she simply didn't give a f*ck.She then got a lot of criticisms after the match and the team managing her image forced her to minimize the damages = the pr stunt that you call "a date" :

I'm sure Tati enjoyed the moment :oh:(Maria not so much :tape:)but I woulnd't call that being friendly.FYI they couldn't stand each other back then and it's still the case now.Surprised that, as a fan, you don't know that.

Anyway, don't allow yourself to call me liar just cause your precious ass can't deal with the truth.thks :kiss:

#190 ·
Actually while I think Maria and Golovin are on friendly terms, that basketball date was a PR stunt. It's obvious tbh, Maria had to face critics (TBH I think they were over the top but yeah), did everyone forget them? :scratch:

There are much more stunts move than we know among tennisplayers, even involving our faves. :shrug: But I do think Maria and Tatiana get along well though, after all that RG interview was proof of this :angel:

#196 ·
I remember: it was a total PR stunt. Quite hilarious really.

It was nice of Golovin to go along with it. She also got some nice exposure from it... :lol:

Sharpie is so fake. She may have matured but she still is... :help:

Reactions: oliviasmith
#192 ·
Светльо;22491628 said:
Do you actually believe that? That Golovin will willingly go out with her because she was asked to by Maria's publicist!?! They have been seen together a couple of times after that as well. I am not saying they are BFFs but they do/did have friendly relations. It was Jankovic who Maria didn't get along with well at the Bollietieri's hence your bitterness.
As I already said I know Maria has her vile bitch outbursts, I ain't a delusional fanboy. Thank you very much!
Yaaas.

--

Not quite sure how some William's fans *cough*bandabou*cough* can keep a straight face entering this thread and accusing other players of apparently being classless whilst supporting someone that verbally and physically threatened an official. Nothing else compares and what's 100000x worse is that it more or less happened twice :spit: It wasn't even an isolated incident.

#197 ·
Not quite sure how some William's fans *cough*bandabou*cough* can keep a straight face entering this thread and accusing other players of apparently being classless whilst supporting someone that verbally and physically threatened an official. Nothing else compares and what's 100000x worse is that it more or less happened twice :spit: It wasn't even an isolated incident.

:lol: Just laughing at the hypocricy of Masha to go on with the PR-stunt, just to keep her facade as miss congeniality. That's all.

Never defended Serena.

#206 ·
You have never defended Serena, but I will. :shrug:

I have a few words for some of the posters in here, but I will keep them to myself.
Count me in as well.
And like I stated earlier, these people calling Serena classless throughout all that she's endured...? :facepalm:
ANY athlete would have lost it sooner, but not Serena.
Her ONLY offense is waiting far too long for all of the BS to consume her before releasing it.

To all of the screwball posters in here calling Serena classless...

...but evidently you have to have a head shaped like a dil.... :oh:

#193 ·
Светльо;22491628 said:
Do you actually believe that? That Golovin will willingly go out with her because she was asked to by Maria's publicist!?! They have been seen together a couple of times after that as well. I am not saying they are BFFs but they do/did have friendly relations. It was Jankovic who Maria didn't get along with well at the Bollietieri's hence your bitterness.
As I already said I know Maria has her vile bitch outbursts, I ain't a delusional fanboy. Thank you very much!
I think at the time they were both managed by the same people and it was a win/win situation : it calmed down the critics and in the same time tati got some exposure and franckly she seemed quite amused by the whole situation and being the "nice one "of the story (maria always wanted to be THE one the medias were talking about so each time another cute blond was taking a bit of the spotlight she was annoyed and she showed some animosity.it happened with Vika too).
For the record, i think maria matured and wouldn't act the same today(not giving a fuck at an opponent lying on the floor)

PS : bringing jj into this ? really ? weak

#195 ·
Anyway, I do believe that they are on friednly terms as Deborah said and that the whole 'incident' was blown out of proportion. To speculate whether or not that was a PR stunt is pointless. I do agree that Maria was quite starstruck back in 04-06, not to the extent you are implying but she did seem too much into being a celebrity. Luckily, she has grown out of it opposed to some other people. Now she is quite the hipster and does events only for business purposes.

P.S. I am a vile Siberian Skinhead, what did you expect?

#225 ·
why be so down about Capriati ?? apart from a little bit of shop lifting 15 years ago what did she do wrong ?? no no if there is one who is abit of a downer its Kornikova ! that lady spent all day between serves showing off and posing knowing the cameras were on her . . . not any more they're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.