Tennis Forum banner

Melanie Oudin

323K views 5K replies 136 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 ·
I think it's about time that Mel got her own thread. She's playing her way through the Australian Open Qualifying rounds right now. She is into the final rounds with a 7-5 7-5 win yesterday over Catalina Castano.

#2,867 ·
Czink got on a roll, Mel came back but she was hitting a ton of errors. Got to see her right after, but I know she was upset

#2,868 · (Edited)
The stats for that match are so weird. She wins 17% of her second serves in the first set and 70% in the second? :shrug: What's up with that?

And, she actually won 51% of the points in the second set, had the better stats for both 1st and 2nd serves and was still broken twice and Czink only once? :confused: The stats must be wrong, because I can't see how she lost that 2nd set. F'ed up! :no:

It's interesting that the only "big" match she's won since Birmingham was against Sloane and that as the LL. Then, after getting her ass kicked for a set and a half, hammers Sloane in the 3rd. Then it's back to playing crap against U. Rad. !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :lol: WTF!

I use to think "mentality" and "fighting spirit" were the same thing. But Mel has taught me they are separate. She's the biggest, damn fighter I've seen, but she's also very good at undermining her chances to win.

I don't know...

:hug: do what you got to do Mel

#2,883 ·
Nice. Always hate when our girls play each other, but at least one of them will qualify. Hope it is Mel since she needs as much confidence as possible going into the Open.

#2,887 ·
I hope so! I hate it that Mel and Alexa are playing each other. I think they will play doubles together at the Open. If the loser gets in also, I hope Mel and Alexa will not play each other since there is a chance.
Mel is down currently, but dont count her out!! MEL is a fighter!!!

#2,891 ·
All is well. Melanie is into the MD with a LL spot. She will be playing Sofia Arvidsson of Sweden. Sofia is a good player, but it is a winable match if Mel plays better than she did today! Arvidsson has a 1-0 head-to-head advantage, but that was in 2010. Its 2012 and MEL is on the uprising!! LETS GO MO!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.