Tennis Forum banner

Jelena Jankovic has the best backhand in the world

1K views 18 replies 19 participants last post by  Dinkie 
#1 ·
It is not only my opinion,it is opinion of the many top coaches and i truly think that she should be ranked more bec she has excellent tehnique and good atletic abilities so it is time to use them.(she is the only one who needed just little bit of luck to beat not one but twice Kim K) :worship:

#2 ·
not exactly - but one could argue (i myself think it too at times) that she has the best two-handed backhand down the line while on the run.
that's bieng very darn specific when she's best - but she's way up there with Dementieva, ALG, Myskina and vintage dokic.
I've also said it a very long time ago that she has an exra advantage in a shot that we haven't seen alot of players using much these last few years.
another great youngster to do well on this shot is Pirinkova, while the best crosscourt two handed shot on the run i've seen on constat basis suprisingly belongs to dushevina.

#4 ·
she would be if she were more consistent. I watched her school peng at bham and she was AWESOME!

#7 ·
Shonami Slam said:
not exactly - but one could argue (i myself think it too at times) that she has the best two-handed backhand down the line while on the run.
that's bieng very darn specific when she's best - but she's way up there with Dementieva, ALG, Myskina and vintage dokic.
I've also said it a very long time ago that she has an exra advantage in a shot that we haven't seen alot of players using much these last few years.
another great youngster to do well on this shot is Pirinkova, while the best crosscourt two handed shot on the run i've seen on constat basis suprisingly belongs to dushevina.
Vera Dushevina??? She must be one of the worst players in the Top 100. How she reached a Tier 2 final with her serve and FH is beyond me. And her BH isn't that good either.

Jankovic has a good BH but not the best. Marjan = ivanovic? :tape:

#9 ·
she beat Serena,Dementieva,Petrova,Schnyder,Zvonareva,Venus

and played a tight three setter with Clijsters,Davenport,Sharapova,Henin-Hardenne,Myskina

she just needs to get her head together-she's just 21 and there is still plenty of time for her, she seems getting better-she has a good chance in next few year

and i agree that backhand down the line is WILD HOT!

#13 ·
DevilishAttitude said:
Marjan = ivanovic? :tape:
You could not be more wrong there, "ivanovic" had a tendency to be a real a**hole at times but he liked Ana Ivanovic in a weird way kinda in the same way Marjan trolls about Jelena Jankovic. Marjan OTOH dislikes Ana to put it very mildly, so much that he has written some outrageosly ridiculous claims about her. IMO he should simply be ignored, even though he here makes some sense in so much that Jelena's backhand indeed is very good...

#16 ·
:rolleyes: I THINK a certain 5 time slam champion, who lost 4 straight slams to her sister has a backhand that's SLIGHTLY better than Jankovic...who...last time I checked, has seen as much of the top 10 as she's has seen of championship matches this year...(not to be harsh, but to ignore Venus, Serena, Lindsay, Martina, Amelie, and Justine (only if were talking about ALL backhands) and Maria is REDICULOUS!)

funny thread....but...:hug: aww....no sweetie...no

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.