Tennis Forum banner

Sania Mirza's place

166K views 2K replies 94 participants last post by  chirag sharma 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well,I cannot believe Sania has not her own thread,so I created this one.I pleasantly discovered her at this AO in her match vs Serena.What a talented player she is!!! I wish her lots of success in her career!:D

#7 ·
This youth of India is quite easily moved wid recent results,how can dey question sania's attitude,determination etc..its a pity sania is born in India,i am serius wid this last line of mine.
:fiery::fiery:

#9 · (Edited)
Re: Sania Mirza's place - vol2

Nope! she entered only for the md in Kremlin cup:p and she is 32 out of md:lol:
she forgotten for a moment that the world has changed. its a new day! but i also question her intention to play. all roads are closing for her. world is no more interested in her stupid things. they have seen enough of her . these looks good on Ana not on Sania. Adidas will soon kick her ass.
she has to compete with grade B players like Sikha, Sunitha with them if she wants.
Another problem with Sania she is very lonely, no friends on tour, cant even mix with other girls on tour:sad:....

#12 ·
Re: Sania Mirza's place - vol2

Nope! she entered only for the md in Kremlin cup:p and she is 32 out of md:lol:
she forgotten for a moment that the world has changed. its a new day! but i also question her intention to play. all roads are closing for her. world is no more interested in her stupid things. they have seen enough of her . these looks good on Ana not on Sania. Adidas will soon kick her ass.
she has to compete with grade B players like Sikha, Sunitha with them if she wants.
Another problem with Sania she is very lonely, no friends on tour, cant even mix with other girls on tour:sad:....
Yeah you are right very healthy post :yeah: :lol:

#11 ·
why Vol 1 was closed!!!!
i have just mentioned mods will soon close it but i dont think it was the reason neither they interpreted it wrong.
it was getting very lenthy, this could have been one reason but again it was not a necessity unless they have a technical problem.

#17 ·
Hopman Cup is an invitation tennis tournament. The complete teams' list for Hyundai Hopman Cup XXI is still in development. It's not confirmed they will invite her/India next year. Teams announced thus far are: Australia; Lleyton Hewitt & Casey Dellacqua and Russia; Marat Safin & Dinara Safina

#19 ·
nope i hope sania doesn't enter hopman cup. waste of time, no points plus i would rather see someone like sunitha rao enter that exho than sania. i think she will play in Auckland next year.
Anyway good luck next season.

Saina doesn't really fear top players.(already defeated two chinese top ten players on thier own turf. one of them at olympics the other one at china masters.). I think she will fare better than sania but only time will tell.

#22 ·
i'm 95% sure she isn't coming back.
most likely she might play quebec.

#29 ·
Stars line up for Hong Kong event

9 hours ago

World number one Jelena Jankovic, Wimbledon champion Venus Williams, Australian Open champion Maria Sharapova and India's Sania Mirza will headline January's revamped JB Group Classic exhibition tournament in Hong Kong.

The annual exhibition tournament will see teams from Europe, Russia, the Americas and Asia-Pacific competing in singles and doubles matches at Hong Kong's Victoria Park to fall in line with events such as the Hopman Cup and the ATP World Team Cup.

Sharapova will make her regular visit to Hong Kong ahead of her Australia Open defence and will spearhead the Russian challenge, with Williams leading the Americas team on her sixth visit to Hong Kong.

Last year Sharapova again used the Hong Kong event as her only warm-up before heading to Melbourne to win a third grand slam by beating three of the top four rank players from the quarter-finals stage.

Current world number one Jankovic will headline Europe's bid, while Mirza will take her place in the Asia-Pacific team.

"We are delighted to be inviting tennis stars who represent every corner of the World and are thrilled that world number one Jelena Jankovic is spearheading Team Europe," said the president of the Hong Kong Tennis Patrons' Association, Ian Wade.

"Jelena is one of the most popular and talented players on tour and a fierce competitor. She currently leads the WTA Tour Race and has won more matches than any other female player this year."

The remaining field for the event, which will be held from January 7-10, will be announced later in the year.

#32 · (Edited)
HK tourney is just for 4 days (7-10 Jan) and AO starts from 19 next year...so she still has one week bfor AO...also at a time when she wud be struggling to enter main draws of wta events, she wud get to face top players in HK (add to that the money offered considering theres not much competition in Asia-Pacific team and organizers dont have an alternative to her)...also no miracle's gonna happen even if she plays one of the real tourney...she will be out in the first or second round anyways playing after so long...no rocket science here i guess...:lol:

#41 ·
i agree mighty
I don't see how HK will help her expect for the part she gets good amount of appearence money and probably some TV coverage. It is better for her to play real WTA events(i.e some Tier III, IV events) before these exibition crap. Well if she wan't to play exhibition why don't she play some exhibitions in india and see if she can beat players like sunitha rao or shikha oberoi or tara iyer etc. :lol:
playing against top players weather or not she beats them isn't good enough for her preparation.

Well whats up with her coaching.? Is she still coachless player or is she still trying to go for "temporary" coaches.? I know she hired a new physio but i'm eager to what she does next.
I'll be optimistic next season. i think she can be top 20 next season but if and only if she gets a new coaching/ management and hopefully a permanent one
otherwise it will be probably her last season for her career and might think of going into diferent field like bollywood tollywood.

#48 ·
World no. 100 does not qualify directly for grandslams, right?
Yes players inside top 100 will make the cut at AO main draw.(unless if 4 or more players use thier injury protected rankings.)

But the entry lists are annouced 6 weeks before the event begins
If sania manages to stay in top 100 by then she will be enter directly.

Right now her odds of entering directly are pretty high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.