Tennis Forum banner

Mona Barthel - Volume 2

190K views 3K replies 87 participants last post by  Acetyl CoEnzyme 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
New volume! :)

#1,734 ·
Shame that I could only watch the first set. The second I followed by ticker and I remarked that she could have had this win much easier or after all faster. But nice to see Monas growing consistance particularly at crucial points. The Mona of Hobart would not have won this. So she should take the coach all time, it's a good investment.

#1,747 ·
Mona is her successor. Her elegant and effortles tennis reminds me a lot of Anna's. That's bascially the main reason I'm a big fan of Mona. Still no one can replace Princess's place in my heart but I'm really happy I found a wonderful player who will keep me very interested in women's tennis.

#1,751 · (Edited)
On her coach Jacek Szygowski -
I was quite astonished when I heard him talking because despite his Polish name he sounded like a native German speaker. There is absolutely no accent. When I was looking for him on google I found this :

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Sz/J/Jacek-Szygowski.aspx

So he is a coach of the Orlik tennis school (http://www.rota.pro/) and a former German tennis player.
I think he fits very well with his calm attitude to Mona. Then I was watching again their talk in the match against Mladenovic on tennisTVcom.
He reminded me a little bit of Angie`s coach, Torben Beltz. Talking a lot and very fast, a mixture of some technical advices and encouragement.

It was obvious that they are not yet very close to each other.
After some time he asked her whether she is feeling fine because he seemed not get a feetback from Mona towards his advices. In the end Mona was smiling shy but bright when Szygowski was praising the way she had been playing so far.

Looking at the informations that we have it seems to be a teamwork on approval. Her mum is still around her and she still needs her on the tournaments.
So this is not meant to be a complete new order in her surroundings but a useful addition.
For now it has worked perfectly, so they seem to have done the right thing.

#1,764 ·
Lisicki´s mother was also around in Pattaya City. They just need to stick to the morale support. Just leave all the tennis based decisions and coaching to a real coach.

#1,758 ·
It was absolutely not my intention to wake up any thoughts that you are bringing in a line with my comment and I desperately hope you know that. But thanks for your hint.:)
It was just the fact that also his first name is Polish what made me wonder in the first moment.

Btw., I`m German and my surname is of Russian/Slawian origin. That`s nothing unusual in Germany being a melting pot of many different nations through out all times of it`s history.

#1,769 ·
My mother called Schiavone a man. She talks about Nadal and Djokovic a lot for their mannerisms. Apparently Djokovic spreads his legs too much to hit the ball.

#1,773 ·
and you :kiss:

Reactions: Northstar
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.