65K views 808 replies 183 participants last post by  RVD 
#1 ·
Thank you Vika :hearts:

I love it :inlove:

#366 ·
Excellent play vika, well done.

Not the warmest handshake from maria!!

#405 ·
Because that was the SF..then it's a whole different Serena. And are we still on the all serve only Serena going again?! :facepalm:
Tell this to someone else, isn't Serena supposed to be different in finals as well and what happened against the other pusher she needed three sets.

No we're not on the all serve, I saw that match and I can tell that Serena from that semi in Wimbledon and the semi from OG was totally different in ROS. Serena couldn't hit a return to save her life in the whole Wimbledon 2012 she was beyond hopeless and not only against Vika.

#407 ·
Tell this to someone else, isn't Serena supposed to be different in finals as well and what happened against the other pusher she needed three sets.

No we're not on the all serve, I saw that match and I can tell that Serena from that semi in Wimbledon and the semi from OG was totally different in ROS. Serena couldn't hit a return to save her life in the whole Wimbledon 2012 she was beyond hopeless and not only against Vika.
so who won Wimbledon 2012? :confused:

#412 ·
Quite expected, Vika just owns MaSha, and has owned already for years. The only set MaSha can win against Vika is 1st set, she chokes the 2nd set because 1) she's already lost the 1st (like AO) OR 2) she's won the 1st set and starts to think "I MUST win now" (like USO). I didn't watch the match but I expect from the scoreline that 1) happened.

#415 ·
Imo Maria still is the better player, but she struggles too much with the serve against Vika, also Vika thakes the ball very early so Maria has less time to recover, Vika doesn't hit that hard, but uses the pace very well,the big advantage that Vika has is the movement. If Vika had to play the Maria from 04/05/06 or 08 it wouldn't be that easy..

#420 ·
She is, I'm sure of that. But it won't change the outcome of their matches if Maria keep playing and serving like this.
Maria is a player who was able to compete against the very best players in the game, players who are infinitely more talented than Vika and she found a way to figure them out, there is no reason for her not to figure Vika who is not as talented as Maria's previous rivals.
Now that Maria finally won her major on red clay she needs to find a way to become good on HC again, 4 losses in finals (0 sets won :help:) that's just unacceptable I want a major on HC next year.

#416 ·
But she still did better than Maria at the Olympics against Serena, no?!
Who Vika? at Olympics both were club level vs Serena. Being knocked out in second round is not better being knocked out in first, because both end up in hospital

#423 ·
Not surprised that Sharapova is just 1-6 vs. Azarenka/Serena this year..but I was surprised to learn that her overall record vs. Grand Slam champions during the season in which they won a slam is pretty mediocre. She has gone just 12-34 (27%) against Slam champions during the seasons in which they won a slam.

Serena - 53%
Venus - 44%
Henin - 41%
Azarenka - 33%
Kuznetsova - 31%
Clijsters - 30%
Sharapova - 27%
Jankovic - 26%
Wozniacki - 25%
Ivanovic - .1%
Radwanska - .04%

#424 ·

#447 ·
Now its only a mater of weeks to see who's gonna be the third best player of the season beween Serena and Radwanska. Exciting :bounce:
IKR. The funniest thing is he's a Jankovic fan. :haha: What was her career highlight this year? Losing to Oudin in a grass final? :spit:
Wow, the insecurity is :eek: don't be mad at the fact that a 30+ player, missing part of a lung, well past her physical prime, is having the best year on tour even while this gas been Sharapova and Azarenka's best year ever. What speaks volumes is that this even includes Serena having a 1r exit on her resume.
:lol: expected result for the highest paid woman in sports...

I'd like to see a new player step up and get herself in the mix for big titles soon.
:scratch:

You wanna try that again?
I'm really embarrassed for the Sharapova klan fan base right now. :eek:
This thread...

:spit: :haha: :haha: :haha:

... is THE BEST!! :worship::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.