Tennis Forum banner

S1 - 5: Bausch & Lomb Championships, Amelia Island (II)

6K views 106 replies 18 participants last post by  Kevin. 
#1 ·
Bausch & Lomb Championships, Amelia Island​

Week 5, Tier II, Draw Size 32​

Welcome to Florida, and the Amelia Island plantation for the next stop on the ATC, and the first on clay after the rebound ace season came to a close last week in Australia, already we've seen Severine Bremond pick up 2 titles, and Nathalie Dechy claim the Australian Open title and become the tour's #1 player, but with a surface change, will we have some new faces emerging and threatening for titles? We'll soon find out!​

Draw Posted - Sunday 18:00 CET

Points Deadline - Tuesday 18:00 CET​

New points are mandatory, please don't forget to send :p

See less See more
#31 ·
Myskina back to the US

After 2 weeks of playing tournaments, Anastasia Myskina returns to the US where she trained before she made her debut.She trained hard and arrived early to Amelia Island to train on the green clay."I mean, why the f*ck does this surface even exist.It's f*cking the same as the f*cking red clay. (furtherly censored).She doesn't see any difference.For me, all the surfaces are the same.I don't see big changes.I just like red clay more, because orange is my favourite colous."It's the same as potato and tomato_Only 1 letter isn't the same and it comes out a whole different thing.Both is a vegetable though." But anyway, Myskina is looking forward to this tournament!

Anastasia will play Flavia Pennetta in the first round, at last a tournament where she's not close to Dechy.They will meet in the semis, so that's kinda late.Dechy is in form after winning the Australian open, and Myskina feels some respect to her.But just a little.But one thing she knows. That, a week before the Australian open, Dechy lost the first round on purpose, just that she wouldn't have to play Myskina in the second rounds.But anyway, let's go on.Myskina wants to say that she congratulates Dechy, that she finally won a tournament- but not any kind of tournament - a Grandslam.But the French will be Myskina's offcourse ( :lol: ) ˇˇ

Myskina after winning RG in 3 weeks.

When she came here, offcourse Myskina had too acknowledge everyone she arrived, and had a photoshooting, just that everyone sees her beauty.Plus, she is known by loving horses, so she had the wish to ride a horse, naked...and the wish came true.

#34 ·
i pm'd you....why is it a w/o?

#35 ·
omg...it didnt go through..i sent it through my moms phone/...:sad: i really did send it

#38 ·
Round of 32​

Dechy(1) def. Harkleroad D/Q*​

Krajicek def. Golovin 6-7(2) 6-4 6-4​

Bartoli def. Dementieva(7) 6-1 6-2 :eek:

Rezai def. V. Williams(5) 7-5 6-4 :eek:

Pennetta def. Myskina 6-4 5-7 6-4​

Molik(4) def. Peer 4-6 6-3 6-3​

Mauresmo def. Stosur 6-0 7-5​

Dominguez Lino def. Kirilenko 6-7(5) 6-2 7-5​

*Ashley, your points were wrong :lol:​

#41 ·
Updated Draw​

Nathalie Dechy(1) v Michaella Krajicek
Anna Chakvetadze v Marion Bartoli

Aravane Rezai v Flavia Pennetta
Tamira Paszek v Alicia Molik(4)

Anabel Medina Garrigues(3) v Amelie Mauresmo
Tamarine Tanasugarn v Lucie Safarova(6)

Jelena Jankovic(8) v Lourdes Dominguez Lino
Iveta Benesova v Severine Bremond(2)​

R16 tomorrow :p

#44 ·
dammit....i sent new ones...GAHHHH :sad: :hysteric:

#45 ·
congrats tammy, you scared a player so bad she retired!!!!

#51 ·
Tanasugarn/Dominguez Lino will win...
hopefully :D

#53 ·
(1) Henin/Molik Vs Stosur/Golovin

Stosur/Golovin d. (1) Henin/Molik w/o

Righto, Nice to know the number 1 seeds, not one of them sent there points, So Stosur and her new partner golovin are lucky and made it to the semi's!

(4) Jankovic/Pennetta Vs Tanasugarn/Domginuez Lino

Tanasugran/Dominguez Lino d. (4) Jankovic/Pennetta 6-4 7-5

Once again, now having aces they can actualy get some points, Taking out the number 4 seeds, its a tough thing, lets see how long they can keep this winning streak! :p

(3) Kirilenko/Paszek Vs Bartoli/Dementieva

(3) Kirilenko/Paszek d. Bartoli/Dementieva 6-4 7-5

This was an easy match, For Kirilenko/Paszek But Bartoli/Dementieva had alot of coin tosses not going there way.

(2) Harkleroad/Chakvetadze vs Bremond/Mauresmo

Bremond/Mauresmo d. (2) Harkleroad/Chakvetadze 6-2 4-6 7-6(1)

Close match, once again Harkleraod/chakvetadze get out in there first match, its suprising how other teams do well, while on another surface​

#58 · (Edited)
Lourdes Struggles to show her form

Dominguez Lino def. Kirilenko 6-7(5) 6-2 7-5

After falling out of the top 10 after being there for two weeks, Lourdes Domginuez Lino Overcame a very strong Maria Kirilenko. Who defeat her in 2 hours and 30 minuts

"i wasnt there, i wasnt at the court, My backhand and serve were letting me down, i was getting very arrogant towards myself, Its dissapointing."

The first set, Lourdes was struggling, and Maria was playnig her game. But Lourdes looked like she was lacking alot of concentration, and was commititng to much unforced errors, but when i came to the Tie break she was leading 5-2, but never took the oppurtunities, hittin 2 unforces errors of her backhand wing, And Maria Ended up winnign 7-6(5)

"i was dissapointed, i mean I had a respectfull lead, and Clay is my favourite surface, but i wasnt moving enough"

The second set, Lourdes was playing a little better, but Maria was dropping her game. it looked as if Maria was falling under the pressure, versing someone who is a much higher ranked person then her. But still was commiting to much unforced errors, But was lucky and won the set 6-2

"i was a bit more confident after this set, But i was dealing to much unforced errors, My backhand was shocking, i couldnt apply top-spin But had to slice it half the time"

The thirs set, Maria was strong, and wouldnt back down, But Dominguez Lino was a much more experienced player on the clay, and was approching the net, with the short slice volley

"well a win is a win, Im glad im made it through the second round, after 2 first round losses, I need a win"

Lourdes Dominguez Lino and her Pratner Tamarine Tanasugarn Won both the first round and Quaters in Doubles Defeating a top seed, and now versing There close friends Stosur/Golovin, With Stosur Swapping partners Because Shiavone was slacking off, and Not putting her fare shair of the deal

"well Im happy, Semi's in doubles is something to smile about, But now lets hope i do well"

#61 ·
Well since we lost first round again, then it means we will win the title next :D lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.