Tennis Forum banner

Sorana's sandbox tour on the clay - join for 2013!

14K views 255 replies 26 participants last post by  grs 
#1 · (Edited)
Marrakesh
Estoril
Madrid
Rome
French Open

Here is her chance to finally crack the Top 20.

#173 ·
Even my grandma would have competed more than Sorana today.

But we all know that this is simply Sorana's understanding of playing ergonomic tennis. Only competing when feeling well and going into half-arsed tanking mode when having an off-day, not risking an injury or wasting energy for the coming weeks. It won't change anytime soon.

The camera was quite obsessed with Victor Ionita who was suffering from the stands, but expressed his anger and disbelief solely in self-talks rather than showing any outer expression towards Sorana. She obviously schooled him already.

#178 ·
I can feel the smell of blood already
H2h, Sori is even with Ayumi, with Ayumi winning the last match. This is their first match on clay. Ayumi is playing more confidently than Sori at the moment, just getting to the quarters of Portugal.

This could be an upset.

#181 ·
Sorana Cirstea ‏@sorana_cirstea
Got my brother and my coach Real Madrid tickets 4 tonight...not sure if I did that cuz Im a thoughtful person or cuz I wanna get rid of them

Princess Sorana having mercy with her coach allowing him one evening of spare time. We are not worthy.

#188 ·
I didn't watch it, but I guess it wasn't much different from their Dubai encounter.

Just frustrating, but what should she do? She won't be able to outgrind Errani, therefore she has to go for the winners, but it's nearly impossible for her to be consistent enough in the end and despite 69 unforced errors, she had great chances to win this match.

#189 ·
I was right again with the problems she raised to Errani. Unfortunately she twisted her angle at 4-4 in first set and in short time she lost first set and the first two games in the second sets. From that moment she played an exceptional tennis who brought her 7 consecutive games. I didn't watch anymore form 3-2 but I think that eventually she paid for the energy lost running so much with an injured ankle. I am sure that without her stupid injury she would won in 2 sets.

As about Errani - watching the two Romanian's matches today I restated my opinion that Alexandra is more talented than Sara and without her injury she could be in top 20, at least, in that moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.