Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mona Barthel

520K views 5K replies 150 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
die 18jährige schülerin, derzeit nummer 624 der welt, besiegte heute in der ersten runde der stutgart-quali KARIN KNAPP (wta 67 / 5) mit 61 36 64. respekt! :)

#4,623 ·
Merry Christmas to you all!

I hope Mona will be able to stabilize her game in 2013. I dont expect too much because somehow i have a feeling that 2014 might be her year.

By the way, does anyone know how she prepared for the new season? With her homecoach Maik Schürbesmann?

Anyway, i am looking forward to see her again.

#4,628 ·
It seems that Mona will not be seeded in Hobart because right now she is 9th on the players list there. The first eight players are ranked between 26 and 38 so at this moment she would miss the seeding list by a hair. But i also think that in the end it wont matter because the whole field of participants will be very even in Hobart.

#4,634 ·
Komplettes Draw:

(1)Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) v Kristina Mladenovic (FRA)
Simona Halep (ROU) v Arantxa Rus (NED)
(wc)Eugenie Bouchard (CAN) v Elena Vesnina (RUS)
Lara Arruabarrena-Vecino (ESP) v (6)Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ)

(4)Jie Zheng (CHN) v Jamie Hampton (USA)
Q v Marina Erakovic (NZL)
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) v Kiki Bertens (NED)
Heather Watson (GBR) v (5)Sorana Cirstea (ROU)

(7)Christina McHale (USA) v Pauline Parmentier (FRA)
Galina Voskoboeva (KAZ) v Kirsten Flipkens (BEL)
Q v Romina Oprandi (SUI)
Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK) v (3)Yanina Wickmayer (BEL)

(8)Mona Barthel (GER) v Q
(wc)Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) v (wc)Coco Vandeweghe (USA)
Johanna Larsson (SWE) v Misaki Doi (JPN)
Q v (2)Julia Goerges (GER)

#4,644 ·
1.1.: Ich bin sehr froh, mein erstes Match im Jahr 2013 gleich gewinnen zu können. Es ist immer schwer, gegen jemanden zu spielen, den man nicht kennt. Zudem hatte Grace schon drei Matches hier gewonnen. Ich bin sehr zufrieden mit mir, ich habe sehr aggressiv gespielt und sehr gut aufgeschlagen.

1.1.: I am so happy winning my first match in 2013. It is always difficult to face someone, you don't know. And she played already three matches on this place. I am happy with my game. I served well and played really aggressive.

www.mona-barthel.de/

#4,647 ·
Easy win, as expected but even a bit easier than I thought :cool: :lol:
Lost focus a bit it seems after 61 40 but no problems in the end, serve worked fine it seems, 1st serve % a bit too low again but at least not too many DFs.
According to herself she played aggressive, which she also has to do against Daniilidou but she has to be careful, I hope that she doesnt turn into some ballbasher again in some of her matches this year, QF Mona vs Julia should be the first good test here for both...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.