Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

420K views 5K replies 83 participants last post by  James 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The last volume has passed 5000 posts, time to start a new one.

See less See more
#2,814 ·
^ Thanks Ozza I know she not in the best form but I like too keep an open mind that she can do well, I hoping she can get back on track of thing and start getting some wins

#2,816 ·
WTA ‏@WTA
.@CaroWozniacki, @Cibulkova, @Roberta_Vinci, @Sloanetweets @FlipperKF will be answering your questions. Tweet @WTA questions using #WTALive!

#2,818 ·
I think her form from Rogers Cup 2010 - Brussels 2011 would be fine now. At worst she would be ranked 4.
I still think that form is very attainable. But her team has to watch how she played her forehand and understand it HAS to be a steady shot, because it will be attacked all match.

This is the goofiest way a player destroyed their career that I've ever seen.
She's healthy, still capable of making a Mandatory final, and she keeps throwing matches away with errors and shortballs on her forehand side. When she used to play steady on that side and attack with her stronger side

#2,819 ·
Aga has withdrawn from Brussels

The draw for the third BNP PARIBAS FORTIS Brussels will now SATURDAY MAY 18 at 12h take place in the Royal Primerose Tennis Club, in the presence of Ms Dominique Monami and Ms Giulia Orlandi (WTA). A player from the main table will also be present at this event.

That will not be Agnieszka Radwanska. The defending champion of the BNP Paribas Fortis Brussels Open withdraw due to an injury.
"I have shoulder problems for a while and it seems to be getting worse. I'm afraid that's even worse, especially in view of Roland Garros and the grass season that is imminent. I therefore found that I had to withdraw. That is very unfortunate because I really wanted to defend my title in Brussels but I think it is a good decision. The tournament was very well organized last year, I had some excellent games just before Roland Garros. The tournament director is a very pleasant person and there was a lot of people in the stands. I really enjoyed the tournament and my week in Brussels. I will therefore try to get back next year. ".
The tournament management shall meanwhile to report that they are desperately looking for a viable replacement for the first seed.

#2,820 · (Edited)
You posted events the opposite way to the way they happened Hoergren. That "desperate" search for a viable replacement for the first seed is what ended with them getting Caroline.

In the rest of that, Aga says "I will therefore try to get back next year". No-one told her the tournament will be an international next year then, I doubt she will be back next year, or ever again, given last year is the last edition I think.

#2,821 ·
Well sorry about that but I saw it the other way round and just thought that people would like to know - hope you survive ;) International next year - well could be a nice little warm up for the FO - we'll see what happens. Hope she'll survive 1st round in this tournament, so she can get some matches into her bones.

#2,828 ·
I dont think she is going to take a vacation. If she did, she would be watching a lot of golf.
Playing Brussels is the right move. She hasnt played many matches, has not won a match since early at Charleston.
So she hasnt won a red clay match. She needs to play, but she needs to be mentally into the match, the whole way through.
Her head is the problem. Whether its confidence, or lack of focus. Physically she's fine and her efforts in Dubai & IW are fine.
Its mental consistency she's missing

#2,829 ·
Pathetic loss to Jovanovski in Rome R1 :banghead:

A new low. Caroline has officially hit rock bottom :help::help::help:

4-0 in 3rd set -> 4-4
Serving for match at 5-4 -> Broken to 0 with a DF
5-2 in Tiebreak -> loses last 5 points 5-7

Unbelievable how mentally weak Caroline has become :eek:

Caroline has huge problems to beat anyone :facepalm:

#2,831 ·
Its very possible Caroline will never be a top player again.
I'll always blame her dad & adidas coaches for convincing Caroline its okay to lose, its okay to make a lot of forehand errors, and try to be aggressive with her forehand. Its messed up the foundation of her game.
Now she plays like she's mentally soft. It might never change back. Its already been almost 2 years

#2,840 ·
The main draw has been announced - here are the 4 quarters:

Caroline WOZNIACKI vs Bye
CHN Jie ZHENG vs Qualifier
SUI Romina OPRANDI vs Qualifier
Qualifier vs GER Julia GOERGES

USA Sloane STEPHENS vs BUL Tsvetana PIRONKOVA
ROU Simona HALEP vs SVK Magdalena RYBARIKOVA
BLR Olga GOVORTSOVA vs NED Arantxa RUS
SWE Sofia ARVIDSSON vs CHN Shuai PENG

USA Varvara LEPCHENKO vs SRB Bojana JOVANOVSKI
GB Elena BALTACHA vs SUI Stefanie VOEGELE
SVK Jana CEPELOVA vs UKR Leisa TSURENKO
EST Kaia KANEPI vs SVk Dominika CIBULKOVA

BEL Kirsten FLIPKENS vs USA Madison KEYS
BEL Yanina WICKMAYER vs USA Jamie HAMPTON
Qualifier vs BEL Alison VAN UYTVANCK
Bye vs ITA Roberta VINCI

Seems ok to me - so go for it Caroline

#2,842 ·
Look at this semi in Rome. Errani didnt play anyone. Kirilenko retired. Sharapova withdrew.
Vika could have played Ivanovic ( who just made the semi in Madrid) Kvitova (who beat Vika at Wimbledon & YEC finals) and FO champ Sharapova. Instead Ana loses, she plays Stosur, who never plays well against Vika, now Errani, who looks nervous in a Rome SF.

This is why its so important to be consistent. Draws constantly fall apart, and the players who take advantage of it are the ones who dont beat themselves.

Caroline actually deserves this for blowing up her own consistent game, "to win a major"
Well, she was in a slam final and one point from a 2nd slam final, and just turning 21. She did this to herself, and she is the only person who can get herself out of this mess.
She wasnt some 12 year old, with years ahead to develop a new style of play. She wasnt ranked #240, where she had to do something desperate. Its a crazy decision, and now she just played 5 Premiers in a row and won a total of 2 matches

#2,843 ·
Well,Ana had 2 consecutive good tournaments coming in--which is pretty much the longest streak you're gonna get from the feeble-minded slut:lol:.I'm sure that big sister Aga told Ula what a golden opportunity this was in the 1st round.

Still,your main thrust is spot on;Caro must put herself in position to get late-round WDs(i.e.,luck),as she did in IW,by advancing in the usually-winnable matches players get in the earlier rounds.On a small bright note,barring an injury,Caro is guaranteed to make the Brussels 2nd round

#2,844 ·
I think Brussels is the right move. She probably needs the softest draws possible. To get some wins and confidence.
But she was in perfect position coming out of Indian Wells. There has to be quality play beyond one or two tournaments a year

#2,853 ·
General Messages, where people insult players they dont root for in very offensive, personal ways

#2,859 ·
When she said she's motivated then played well in Dubai & IW, I thought she was on her way back.
Whatever is wrong, its serious, because after IW, she's on one of her worst runs ever. Now I dont know what expect, but I dont expect to suddenly see the old Caro of 2,3 years ago. That Caro would never be in this situation

#2,862 ·
Appreciate your detailed analysis,Achemar,and it's still particularly surprising as to the manner in which,as you say,Caroline clumsily attempted to add weapons to her arsenal.Prior to that stretch,Caro's career had primarily shown sound planning and common sense......and then we saw a period that displayed some sort of Inverse Caro from some parallel universe:eek:

#2,866 ·
Hey guys...I've opened a thread where I am putting my pics and reports from Rome, sadly my experience with Caroline has been quite much of a disaster and I took only a couple of pics and I am yet to write the report about that match (which will be really hurtful) but I hope you'll enjoy it anyway: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=535018

#2,869 ·
^ i don't think it that i think it more of caroline have yet too improve while other have made the improvement in there game, that something caro need too do. I feel noone really can blame her father or the Adidas coach do to the fact they were the ones who help her many time when she was at top woman tennis, I think Caroline need a coach too help her make those improvement in her game

#2,870 ·
Her dad and the adidas coaches were with Caroline as her game collapsed.
But it happened, and now its up to Caro to get mentally tougher despite the poor coaching, or continue like the last 2 years, where she is a total noncontender at the big events

#2,872 ·
Ivanovic was never as consistent as Wozniacki. Very few players win 12 titles in less than 2 years.
Caroline was ultra-consistent. Very mentally focused.
It just not there anymore. She was in 15 semis out of 19 tournaments.
So to play 5 tournaments and only win 2 matches is a 180 degree shift

#2,875 ·
And the stats support you there;as a former fan,I can tell you that AI has NEVER--not even ONCE--made 3 straight SFs or better.In fact,she's only twice made 3 straight QUARTERfinals;the first run was quite impressive(though a clear fluke),in 2007,with a Berlin title,RG final,Ordina QFs,Wimby SFs and L.A. title.The 2nd time was when Guenthardt pulled her career out of the toilet(and she rewarded him with a firing--you're all class,Ana:worship:).A Beijing QF loss to Caro led to 3 decent MM results: A Linz title,Lux. QF,and MM YEC title in Bali.

Caroline's accomplishments speak for themselves,and you've already cited one of them above and some of the many others in your prior posts.'TennisFan' correctly states that Caroline had the final say in the so-called strategy that was implemented at the start of 2012.However,did she become so hard-headed that she just closed her ears to her father and her Adidas team? That doesn't sound consistent with the Caroline that we've seen over these years...which raises the question,'What in the hell were Piotr and Adidas telling her during all of that?'.I must respectfully disagree with Burisleif on the effectiveness of APDP.If this is the best that they can improve Caro's serve after all those years of 'expert coaching',then they're as useless as teats on a bull.I'd still love to see part-time Adidas coach,Steffi Graf,have a constructive sit-down with Caroline(hopefully,Steffi wouldn't turn too timid to speak frankly).Piotr should at least seek out a respected coach whom he can work with,thus allowing him to remain a part of the team for Caro's sake while giving her a chance to receive some better counsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.