Babos, Timea

138K views 1K replies 55 participants last post by  Penc 
#1 · (Edited)
BABOS, Timea (HUN)

Birth Date: 10/05/1993,
Birth Place: Sopron, Hungary,
Residence: Sopron, Hungary,
Nationality: Hungary,
Plays: Right Handed (Double Handed Backhand)

ITF Junior Ranking
Current Combined: 3 (11 May 2009)
Career High Combined: 3 (13 Apr 2009)

WTA Ranking: not ranked (in progress, she has WTA points yet)

WIN - LOSS 2009 (11 May 2009)

Women Circuit: Singles 9/1, Doubles: 4/1
ITF Junior Tour: Singles 28/4, Doubles: 15/4
Tennis Europe Cups: Singles 6/0, Doubles: 6/0

See less See more
#443 ·
Re: Babos Timea

lost 67 36 in 1st round
52% 1st serve and winning ~36% of 1st serve points is dreadful. Her serve was bad in Copenhagen, but not this much. Of course thats one of her biggest weapon, so she is really struggling without it. Out of 13MD match she played, only 2 of them she had 60% or better 1st serve, which would be considered "normal".

#445 ·

At least she had a decent result in doubles this week. Finally she had a good partner.

(6)Petra Martic (CRO) v (wc)Csilla Borsanyi (HUN)
Timea Babos (HUN) v Su-Wei Hsieh (TPE)
Varvara Lepchenko (USA) v Elena Vesnina (RUS)
Vera Dushevina (RUS) v (2)Ksenia Pervak (KAZ)

Not a bad draw here :cool: I liked Hsieh's game, when she won in Kuala Lumpur, but I think Timi has a good chance against her on clay.

#450 ·

^^ yeah, I was bit surprised yesterday seeing her in adidas. Dunno what deal she had with Kswiss, presumably this is better $. And also good for Adidas considering the lack of young players.

Hsieh won 5 games against Martic...
Timi had some dumb periods against her, could have done better, even if it was mainly a match up problem just like against KDK. I wouldnt blame the clay, she doesnt plays a clay-court game of course but knows how it works, how to move, etc... although she should have hit with more spin, especially some 2nd serve returns. Because the worst part i think, was her return of serve, iirc Hsieh had at least 9-10 games when she won service game at love or 15. Often those games were not longer than 1 min.

#455 ·

lost R1 in Cagn... in France to Czink.
that makes 3 first round loss in a row. Definitely not a good results, but neither of them were bad loses. Begu, Hsieh, Czink or Kanepi before all fairly good this year. Maybe Begu not much. And of course it was expected she´ll struggle a bit, she doesnt have that much match experience. Although it would be good to win some matches before RG. She doesnt have much points to defend, 1-2 win here or there would be enough to stay in top70, no need for panic.

#459 ·

Strassbourg
R1 def Sevastova 3-0 ret. This was kind of lucky
R2 l Stephens 26 63 36 First set was a tragedy, looking by stats. Had BP in every return game, had 0-40 twice, but couldnt break, lost all 10BP... 2nd set was definitely better, was 3-0 and 4-1 up, although Stephens had ball to come back 4-4...
in 3rd set Timi was up 2-0 but after that Stephens barely lost points, won 5 of her 6 games love or 15. Something wasnt exactly fine there with Timi.

#466 · (Edited)

Timi:

"Im in London, attempting to train on grass, which unfortunately is not really working out, since its been raining for the past few days. We're training mainly indoors on hard, but its been going great. Hope the rain will go away and we can start hitting on grass soon!"

some days ago

twitter @TimeaBabos
So looking forward to getting on to MY surface GRASS! I love it and can't wait! I live for this time of the year, it's my favourite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.