Tennis Forum banner

Heather's Cheering Thread

255K views 3K replies 195 participants last post by  guichard 
#1 ·
After winning her second round match at the junior aussie open i think its about time heather deserves her own thread. She won her first grade 1 title in 2008 at Yucatan, Mexico and reached the final of the prestigous eddie herr junior tournament.:) Good luck against Miyabi Inoue heather :D:D

#1,235 ·
Re: Heather Watson

I personally was hoping for a Hlavackova tie, i do not believe she is in good form at all and her erratic hitting may fall into Hev's favour if she's consistent enough. Andi lost with Hradecka in doubles first round as number 1 seeds to Kudryatseva and Dabrowski and hasnt won an awful lot of matches this year on the singles circuit. Hope Hev is up for this, a good opportunity :)

#1,237 ·

I believe she can totally get this title! Get your second WTA Tour title Hev. GL in the QF.

#1,238 ·

I wouldn't totally rule it out (how could anyone after Osaka?) but I'm certainly not expecting it. Voegele will be tough but I'm expecting Heather to grind it out again. One match at a time, good luck Hev! :bounce:

#1,243 ·

I'm nervous and excited for her. I think this is a very good opportunity to at least reach the finals, especially as Voegele, Erakovic and Hampton are all ranked below her. She has beaten Voegele and Hampton before and must know a lot about Marina's game. Hopefully she is physically okay and not too tired from all her marathons this week. But Hev is a brilliant athlete and above all, a real fighter. I've been so impressed how she's kept her cool in the last two matches, I believe if she plays a smart game today against Voegele, working the point, limited errors and improving on her return game, we should hoefully see her in the semi's !!

Reactions: Royals.
#1,244 ·

Hopefully not to be... loses 6-1 6-2. Voegele looking quite dominant from the stats, looks on form this week have to see how far she goes.

Disappointing for Hev obviously was a good opportunity to make a final with Arvidsson out the way. On to IW and Miami, hopefully a decent draw could do with a big points haul.

#1,245 ·

I like Voegele. I think she's underachieved thus far in her career and is showing signs of improvement but nevertheless this is disappointing for Heather. If not the end result, then the scoreline. Yes it's a fast surface but Steffi isn't the biggest hitter out there and Heather's serve should have won her a lot more cheap points. Winning less than half of her service points really seemed damaging.

#1,252 ·

Angelique Kerber [4] - Bye
Irina-Camelia Begu - Heather Watson
Pauline Parmentier - Qualifier
Yanina Wickmayer [30] - Bye

Very good first round draw for our Heather!
Not a bad draw overall for Hev, if only she was due to face Wickmayer in R2 think she could take her. Anyway Begu is def winnable, important 50 points up for grabs with a R1 win and with it being a Mandatory its important she scores here.

#1,254 ·

Heather Watson vs Jamie Hampton 2012 Wimbledon 2nd round Highlights

Or the full match here.

Heather Watson vs Jamie Hampton 2012 Wimbledon 2nd round