Tennis Forum banner

Anastasija Sevastova!

64K views 780 replies 68 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 ·
Such a great feeling!
No latvian had made WTA MD for many years..
And now 17 old Sevastova did it..
Great day for her, today she also became nr.1 in rankings for Latvia (after Antalya Challenger final)..
now impressive start here..

And i would say, she can go on.. 1st round not so hard!
Latvia with you Nastja!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:worship: :worship: :worship:

#314 ·
Re: Rising star - Anastasija Sevastova!

AO R1: Anastasija Sevastova (LAT) d. Polona Hercog (SLO) 64 76(5) :yeah:

First slam win outside of USO and good effort in her first match of the season. Wickmayer up next, nothing to lose!

#317 ·

I don't think I've ever seen Nastja play as well as in the match against Wickmayer. She looked so determined and she flattened her shouts out really well. Her serving was great and she hit some really good angles on especially the forehand side. I'm really, really pleased with this win!

Hopefully she'll beat Manasieva as well.

#319 ·

AO R3: Anastasija Sevastova (LAT) d. (Q)Vesna Manasieva (RUS) 61 63 :bounce:

Into R4 of a slam for the first time! Manasieva has beaten some good players so far this week so this is a pretty solid win. Next up Wozniacki or Cibulkova, not expecting much against either but she will be playing with absolutely nothing to lose!

#320 ·

:worship: She was good again today. Her forehand was on the roll and Manasieva could absolutely not hurt her until Nastja decided herself to start UEing all of the sudden halfway through the 2nd set. Luckily she could close it out. :yeah: Absolutely great achievement here. Indeed nothing to lose against Caro, but I think Wozniacki is a really bad matchup for her :unsure:

#323 ·

Just saw 5 minutes of the match against Wozniacki and I love her already :hearts:

Good groundstrokes, good serve and nice variety! Go Anastasija, she will be my 2nd favourite player after Tamira :hearts:

#327 ·

Off to a great start till 3-1, then Nastja collapsed and UE'd herself to 3-6 :sad:
Second set started as bad till 2-4 down and the match seemed to be over.
Then she regained herself and showed some excellent skill. There were a few great winners coming from Nastja's racquet and she managed to get it back to *4-4 getting 2 GPs at 40-15. Her variety helped her surprise Wozowoz time after time.
Unfortunately she could not continue this.. she just lost it at the important points from then.. Bit too wild.
Caro won again with doing nothing. Can't remember a winner worth the mention from her side.

Great effort this week Nastja :worship:
She'll be back. Im very sure she enjoyed this a lot. She looked so funny when she hawkeyed correctly. She was surprised about it herself i think :lol:

#328 ·
I hope Anastasija goes onwards and upwards from this. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.