Tennis Forum banner

Will any of these players born in 1991 make it to top 20 or top 10?

Will any of these players born in 1991 make it to top 20 or top 10?

11K views 57 replies 42 participants last post by  Shvedbarilescu 
#1 ·
Out of all 1991 born players only Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova managed to reach top 20 with her career high ranking of 13, currently she is 36th.
Can any other player of this generation get so high and who has most chance to achieve it?
Currently there are 11 players in top 100 born in 1991.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

See less See more
#4 ·
1. Nope. Sorry. Even though I'd love Bojana and/or Camila to make it. And from 1992 only Heather makes it. 1993- the year my douchebag younger brother was born- sucks in general. 1994 is a real deal.

2. This Martic photo...Breathtaking. Are there any more her photos likr that ?

#6 ·
I´m pretty sure some of them will make it. Which of them, that´s hard to say. They are young, all they need is a bit of luck in draws, some consistency and/or some fine result(s) in GS/mandantory tournament(s). Saying that nobody has a chance is nonsense, just look at Lepchenko/Makarova etc.

#7 ·
Agree. The odds that none of them will make it is very low. But as you say it is hard to predict which ones. I had a go and selected three I think have a decent shot but it could just as well turn out to be three others. I would say three is probably a pretty good estimate of how many will make it and give or take 1.

This is definately a thread that it would definately be fun to bump in say three years. :)

#36 ·
I agree with this. Martic has plateaued, which may be injury related, but she's got the game for Top 20. Its early for Bertens, but she's definitely got a lot of potential (played outstanding this week ) and she is the one I think could make Top 10. I would add Bojana as a maybe, but its a longer shot.

#10 ·
i think Jovanoviski, Giorgi, Martic an Hercog has chance
Vendewege and Chang slos has some chance

#28 ·
Petra will reach the top 20 one day, hopefully. If not it would be so much wasted talent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.