Tennis Forum banner

?

• Yes.

Votes: 94 53.1%
  • No.

Votes: 58 32.8%
  • Hard to say.

Votes: 25 14.1%

Can Vika further eclipse Masha by winning more slams?

33K views 473 replies 105 participants last post by  madmax 
#1 ·
I hope they will have a good rivalry,especially after Serena's reterement.:p

2 strong,tall,powerful,loud and beautiful girls dominating the WTA:cheer::bounce::bounce:

#118 ·
:facepalm: @ some Maria fans saying Vika is guaranteed to never win RG one day.

As Maria fans, you should know better. She used to be really mediocre on clay, heck she was even called a cow on ice. And she is now the RG reigning champion.

So no, no one knows. I always change my mind. A few months ago it was Vika, now Maria. But hard to answer really.

#121 ·
:facepalm: @ some Maria fans saying Vika is guaranteed to never win RG one day.

As Maria fans, you should know better. She used to be really mediocre on clay, heck she was even called a cow on ice. And she is now the RG reigning champion.

So no, no one knows. I always change my mind. A few months ago it was Vika, now Maria. But hard to answer really.
So a few months ago, when Vika only had 1 slam to her name, it was Vika; but after Vika wins another slam, it's Maria? :lol:

Oh debby. :hug:

#127 ·
this type of arguement is really laughable,and to think you also denied the mashatards' claim that vika was lucky that sarin got injured this AO.it goes both ways, serena won it fair and square, no luck involved. i am a fan of both and can realise this is a troll thread. vika has not achieved that much yet to be compared to masha, not saying she wont achieve in future. but i think now is not the time. and regarding your last dig at sharapova,it does nothing other than proving that you are "pressed".;)

#129 · (Edited)
You can like or dislike Vika (i would like her a lot more without her annoying grunting) but she is a lot tougher than other recent number ones. Others start to break under the pressure of being number one, she on the other side have a good streak of victories after being number one last year.
And she is good enough to win in all surfaces. She almost won US Open last year, and she was playing against a Serena Williams in top form.
Maybe she is not the best on clay or grass, but she is good enough to win that RG or Wimbledon if the draw is good.
In fact, since Justine retirement, RG has a lot of surprising winners, so i think Vika can do it too. And she was in wimbledon semis, so it's not that difficult to believe that she can go a step further.

#174 ·
There´s some weird shit in this thread about Sharapova being a "natural born star". Ivanovic is probably better known than Azarenka to people who has nothing to do with tennis. Pova has always wanted, with more or less laughable attempts, to be a celebrity, and has taken obvious economic advantage via very lucrative endorsments. Nothing wrong with that, she would have been a fool if she hadn´t. But to try to establish, as some are doing in this thread, that Pova is more succesful than Vika or even Serena, only because she is better known to the general public, is simply delusional.

#179 ·
Jimmie, you really need to stop falling for the Willytard habit of thinking the only hypotheticals that count are ones that favour your fave. :lol: If we're going into some parallel universe where no leads are ever lost, then "Maria shout count herself lucky that [Princessrenka] didn't serve out the US Open final" is no more valid than "Princessrenka should count herself lucky that Maria didn't serve out the US Open semifinal when up a set and a break".

The bottom line being, what-ifs don't matter, and Princessrenka DIDN'T serve out that US Open final (just as Maria didn't serve out the SF) and nothing else matters.

#187 ·
Every discussion on this forum ends up being an emotional fan fight.
Anyway, I don't care much about either of them, but as I look at it from sideline then Maria will never be beaten by Vika in terms of marketing and fanbase, while Vika is just a more talented athlete with a potential to surpass Maria in tennis.
And I don't think any of them will make any impact on tennis history. Neither of them will ever belong to the historical elite.

--

#188 ·
Every discussion on this forum ends up being an emotional fan fight.
Anyway, I don't care much about either of them, but as I look at it from sideline then Maria will never be beaten by Vika in terms of marketing and fanbase, while Vika is just a more talented athlete with a potential to surpass Maria in tennis.
And I don't think any of them will make any impact on tennis history. Neither of them will ever belong to the historical elite.

--
Ok............... So for you, Maria Sharapova, achieving the Career Slam and being one of the most famous women athletes of the world, won't be remembered in the Tennis History? :smash:

#217 ·
So far I have learned that two Slams are better than four, four are better than 15, but 7 are better than four. Also that 2-0 H2H against Maria in Slams is equal to 0-6 against Serena. :lol:

This post has been deleted
#231 ·
I would be more than happy if she wins 5 Slams, same as Martina H. :hearts:

Vika seems to be the far superior at the moment and I'm okay with that. I totally see her having a Nole-like career :shrug:
(though Novak will obviously win more Slams)
Nice to see a non-delusional Martha fan, keep it up Fighterpova! :yeah:

This post has been deleted
#248 ·
Here are all the ways Vika has eclipsed Maria:

Weeks at #1 - Check!
Defending a Slam title - Check!
Beating Serena in the last 5 years - Check!
H2H - Check!
Luscious Locks - Check!
Fabulous Boobs - Check!
Great Figure - Check!
Modelesque face - Check!
Younger - Check!
Endorsement - Almost/soon
Boyfriend - Check!
Chance at winning one of the 3 remaining slams - Almost/soon
Better fans - Check!
Bringing the Kournikova attitude back to tennis - Check!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.